MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. j0shimi

j0shimi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Can I just ask if there is a release of RTSS latest beta outside of AB? When I try to install it on it's own, nothing seems to get installed, I have to install RTSS and AB, then uninstall AB, not a huge issue by any means but a minor gripe non the less.

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=415513

3. j0shimi

j0shimi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  4. Mumak

Mumak Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Great, Thanks!

6. BlazeInterior

BlazeInterior Guest

GPU:
    24GB
    Excellent, i feel so happy

7. BlazeInterior

BlazeInterior Guest

GPU:
    24GB
    I miseed the news, what sad am i now

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    looks good

[​IMG]

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

10. Vulkan

Vulkan Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    I like it. :) Finally. But I have to study the config files from RTSS and AB more. Some users really have good OSDs.

11. Emper0rr

Emper0rr Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Hi,
    Posted earlier about AB B11 crashing immediately after settings OSD settings, it was indeed an old install on an old HDD that was clashing, after cleaning and reinstall the OSD is working great.

Though I ran in to a new problem, even with "extend overclock" option selected and computer rebooted it will no longer allow me to apply memory overclock on my R9 Fury. This was working before I updated to beta (was on last stable ver.) Voltage control is working as expected however. When setting memory OC, upon "apply" the memory OC bar reverts to the stock 500mhz. Confirmed it's not just the lower power state running slower as well, 3d mode keeps 500mhz.

I tried uninstalling, installing AB B12 and still no luck. Let me know if there is any kind of testing I can do to help, and hopefully other AMD users can chime in if it's working for them. I'm going to retry last stable build as well to confirm if its only happening in B11/B12 and not just me borking things some how.

Thank you for your excellent program, I have been using it for a long long time. You're very appreciated!

12. Unwinder

Extend overclocking range is gone in AMD driver since they intrdoduced Wattman and moved from Overdrive6 to OverdriveNext API.

13. Unwinder

P.S. Just saw that you quoted me and read all "kind" words from some AMD fanboy named mtrai there. Pass my hello to that nice and "knowledgeable" overclocking pro.
    That user don't seem to feel a difference between two alternate ways, which allowed to overclock HBM in the past: the first is unofficial overclocking mode and the second is "extend overclocking range" feature, which was previously allowing to unlock HBM memory in AMD's official overlocking API (and even in AMD's control panel itself after unlocking the official range). The possibility to extend official overclocking range is indeed gone, whatever that boy is saying.
    But nothing prevents you from overclocking HBM when switching to unofficial overclocking mode.
    So I'm sorry by all the nonsense posted by that mtrai guy in my address and his statements like "MSI Afterburner still does not work correctly with polaris" and "He is just not updating Afterburner for these AMD changes..." is a direct and incompetent lie.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  14. Unwinder

Good news for AMD Ryzen owners. Thanks goes to Hilbert and Sami @ AMD for donating hardware required to assemble Ryzen development rig. CPU, mobo and RAM succesfully landed here, I'm still waiting for the rest rig components I've ordered, hope to get everything assembled on the next week. So once it happens Ryzen support in hardware monitoring module will be my development priority and I hope to get it implemented shortly. Thanks again to G3D and AMD for making it possible.

15. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Kudos to you 3!

As always, even If I'm gaming little to none lately, I'm gladly impressed by the outrageous improvement you bless Afterburner with.

Regards!

Ps: I'm planning to be a Ryzen user in the next year, so excelent news.

16. Unwinder

EAC whitelist has been finally updated for "For Honor", so RTSS 7.0.0 OSD should be working with it now.

17. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    Finally does guys work slow,

Also i dont no if it as been pointed out if it has iam sorry been searching and cant see it, x299 X7900X does not have frequency option on RTSS

if it can be added apreciated

cheers

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Any new updates coming up? We are close to official release by any chance?

Thanks!

19. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Started playing through Pyre today and noticed that Raster 3D isn't rendering correctly, checked other OpenGL game (Euro Truck Sim 2) and had same issue. Vector 2D and Vector 3D work fine.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if it's because they use their own(?) game engines or it's an actual issues with RTSS.
    Afterburner Beta 12, RTSS Beta 26.

20. Unwinder

Cannot confirm that. Just purchased Pyre, just to ensure that everything works properly. :( The pattern you're describing is typical for switching between 2D and 3D OSD rendering modes during OpenGL application runtime, ensure that you restart the game after switching the mode.