HT omega , bummed out

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by brothergc, Jul 3, 2017.

1. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    I had for years been using windows 7 and my beloved HT omega E Clario sound card . Then along came the upgrade to windows 10 pro and the new drivers from HT omega ( used the newest available) Now my clarion sounds like crap ! On windows 7 it was awesome the clarity and detail rocked ! Now my onboard sound , Realtek ALC1220 is blowing away the cmedia 8788 ht omega clario .:bang: ( and that isn't say much.
    Is their a better sound card available that would rock my windows 10 and beat realtek 1220 and be stable ?
    I almost bought a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy RX 7.1 but I remember being burned by creative years ago ! ( driver issues ) https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102063&ignorebbr=1
    I did do some research on the Audigy rx 7.1 seems windows 10 does have some sort of built in driver and that is what peaked my interest
    thoughts on a new sound card ?

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    If you dont use soundcard features like dolby and dynamic volume, and want to get rid of drivers:
    External DAC/AMP.

Soundcards are overrated for general use.

3. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    thanks but I would just prefer a sound card :)

4. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    oh well never mind going to give creative a shot ( probably be sorry ) Frys has this on sale so I will give it a go

well just got back from my local Frys and they had the card on sale for 50 bucks and I am happy to say , not bad ! I now have better sound then realtek , blows away the HT Omega E-Clario so far . Drivers installed without a glitch :banana:
    anyway for the price I cant complain even though it is older tech it still sound like the old Audigy I remember :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's an E-MU based card. E-MU CA10300....

6. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    I have not a clue what that means :)

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    E-MU cards were originally professional audio cards. The Sound Blaster RX, has an E-MU audio processor on it. It's basically a gimped pro audio card.

8. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    What?
    You might want to re think that statement.
    If the choice is onboard or external, external will always win.
    My HT|Omega has served me well for a number of years.
    To brothergc. I feel for you. It's one of the reasons among others I'm still running Win7

9. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    I see :) well it does work well in windows 10 but needs a few software mods , creatives' online drives blow chunks . I had no option not to install all the crapware . So I just used the cd and bingo ! sound works . Another craxy creative idea is it launched some kind of auto keyboard shortcut program . Ccleaner took care of that issue , delete from startup ! :).
    Their "auto update" program did not work kept saying "cant connect to server"
    No biggie just uninstall that and some stupid "creative information program" made for sending tech support info ( oh boy more telemetry ! )
    once its set up is a good card and for 50 bucks I can't complain . beats onboard realcrap anyday .

10. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    yea I am going to miss the Ht omega dog gone shame they could not write good drivers .
    I miss windows 7 too ! it was easy to install and configure . stable as a rock !
    I just reinstalled windows 10 on my new 960 Evo ( stupid fast ) and I have spent hours and hours peeling away the bloatware , the useless apps , disable Cortana , uninstall edge , fight with MS over drivers ( I won LOL ) disable tablet mode crap . OMG on and on ( cringe )
    ( warning rant coming on )
    MS should have made 2 separate versions of windows 10 , one for plain jane desktops and another for tablets , but they tried to combine for both and failed badly for all IMO . I mean what's next windows ZYX will scratch your butt for you ?
    and I mean really , cram candy chrush down my throat on windows 10 pro ?
    Windows store ? ROFL ! what a joke . then I gotta lock down all the telemetry crap .
    ( end rant LOL )
    Yes I miss windows 7 , when I was in control !!

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Have you tried using the UNI Xonar drivers? They are also for Other sound cards like your Eclario and not just xonar cards. The only thing is, you will have to temp disable driver sig enforcement for them to install.

12. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    nope did not try that but I appreciate the suggestion !
    right now , I am just going to stick with the creative card , just spent 2 days fighting windows 10 to get it where I want it , no way am I going to roll the dice on new drivers for the old card and I gotta fight windows again just to install them , thanks but no thanks :)

13. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    just thought I would give a quick update . The card is proforming beyond my expectations. In mass effect , I can hear different sounds coming from different speakers kinda cool !
    In music the sound is very detailed . nice chrisp highs , and mids . base not so much but I am not a big bass fan .( could be speakers) You can adjust the base but you gotta realy dig into sound setting thru windows , no eq in creatives main software .
    I do have some old speakers though some kiplech promedias I got from best buy 10 yrs ago . they have served me well but they are on their last leg . They got damaged in my last move :( so new speakers on the way !
    Check these out
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016P9HJIA?psc=1
    Yea baby movin on up :D

14. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
  15. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    well here is my thoughts on them . compaired to the promedia 2.1s their muddy . lack bass . I am sorry that I bought them aready looking into replacing these ASAP
    The power switch is hard to get to when their on my desktop . treble and bass controls do little to help , and hard to tell if they even do anything ( promedias bass control really did did help )
    I was looking into another set of premedias but Kiplish has made changes
    check this out
    https://hardforum.com/threads/klips...ts-older-heavier-new-lighter-sub-amp.1605026/
    wow ! looks cheep !
    Anyway I am looking at getting a pair of these
    https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z623-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B003VAHYTG
    But I suspect not matter what I get , nothing is going to measure up to the old promedias

16. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
  17. Asher

Asher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050
    The speaker system is intended to be left on 24/7. If you turn it on and off every single day, then it will either die prematurely on you, or start giving use other problems.:bang:

Find another one i guess:wanker:

18. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    die on you ? By turning it off and on ? ROFL that is a load of crap That statment is !
    My old promedias were turned off and on for over 10 years ! And I suspect it is one of the reasons it lasted as long as it did .
    If Klipsch is too cheep to add a on/off switch then what does that say for the rest of the system ?
    No I be buying Logitech :)

19. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    Well the Edifier R1280Ts are on their way back to amazon . They sounded :puke: bad . Underpowered , and muddy
    Got a new set coming a pair of Logitech Z623s' in route today !
    My bet is that they will blow the Edifier R1280Ts out of the water
    We will see now I am off to a ups drop box to dump these Edifier R1280T

EDIT :
    Yep the logitechs' blow the Edifers out of the water sound is crystal , good mids and highs , and plunty of bass to spare . Shake the walls if that is what floats your boat ( not me LOL )
    I have the bass turned down to 25%
    We have a winner here easy convient controls and a smaller desk footprint :banana:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Actually, it's not a load of crap. Electronic devices are most likely to fail when turned on. When an electronic device is turned on, there is a small power surge that occurs. That power surge is what typically damages electronic devices.

Logitech has gotten a lot better over the years. Wouldn't call them "crystal clear"...but they have improved tremendously compared to what they used to produce. I have the Logitech Z313s myself.