Rage - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 8, 2013.

1. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    How far are you able to get someone to walk with the mind control darts? They move too slow and die too fast for me to be able to get them to walk anywhere.

I don't think I've played this since I got my 980Ti... I remember it looking fantastic on my 470GTX too, so I may be in for a treat.

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The 64-bit RAGE with mods actually looked and played vastly superior. I'm convinced it is yet another game that was severely disadvantaged by the 'consoles first' approach. At least this isn't so bad now with the upcoming Xbox One X.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Agreed. While it played exactly like other games from ID in some aspects, it was their first new IP in a long time. Wish it would have taken off.

4. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    This is such an underrated game.
    It play great, looks great and have so much heart put into it.

The animations of all characters and the way they react to getting shot is par to none. It's just amazing

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I played for an hour or so, got aggravated in the end by the 60FPS lock and uninstalled it :p

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah the ending is like a slap in the face as if Bethesda told id to just wrap things up xD

Rage is a great game and as stated before id's take on a different type of game with open world, vehicles, crafting. I think that's one reason why the game never got praised, everyone was expecting another Doom or Quake.

Id did an open world crafting game before they were popular. If Rage was released today it could be better received. Although most likely criticised for adding nothing new to the mix as this type of game is more common now.

Still, showcase of id's versatility and for that reason maybe their best game for me.

7. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    :bang:
    Since when 60fps is a bad thing

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Since when is 30FPS a bad thing? Movies run at 24FPS. That should be enough, surely.

All games should be 24FPS.

So here's the thing: when you play a 30FPS game and get annoyed, the same happens to me with a 60FPS game, especially if it's a first person shooter. Things only start to look clear and smooth to me at about 90FPS. ~85FPS is about the minimum for me where falling below starts to make things look blurry and more stuttery.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Pete Hines commented that there's a strong chance for a sequel to RAGE.
    Last year, IIRC, he commented that there's a strong desire for a sequel to RAGE and The Evil Within, from fans and people within the company.

And, The Evil Within 2 was just announced.
    So... the sequel to RAGE isn't flat out dead. It just wasn't given the go ahead right away.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I completely forgot about The Evil Within lol.

I'm hoping for a sequel to Rage. I loved it.

11. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    I hate to say it, but I tried replaying it recently and just couldn't get into it again due to technical short comings. In 4k it just looks pants now and there's the annoying slight occasional texture load lag too. I used to love it but the textures are appalling and I guess I've just moved on in my expectations.

I'd welcome a sequel though.