Nvidia GeForce 382.53 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Don´t tell me that evga is a super clocked or super something model with a premium tag on it, mine I don´t even remember the brand but it was the cheapest out there and has always been @1475 no prob. These days you can´t even trust evga to test their clocks lol.

As for windows 10 I do agree, they finally fixed the nvidia control panel super lag like a month ago, but I still have to turn off my secondary display before switching to primary blindly with keyboard short cuts, or else it disappears and loses it´s set resolution... none of that is a problem in my old win7 partition :bang:

2. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    I don't know if Nvidia or Windows 10 is to blame but on the last two latest windows insider builds 16215 and 16226 cold boot will fail at the windows logo most of the time. Other than that issue it's all good. Never forget to delete the unnecessary crap from the Nvidia drivers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  3. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    one of the issues with nvidia drivers I realized, ok, maybe it's not an issue, but an annoyance. is that, whenever I change out drivers, there's a ton of stuff I have to redo everytime. I run three screens so I gotta go correct the borders on the HDMI, go correct color space. Later go into shadowplay redo all my shortcuts because defaults interfere with my native language keyboard keys, and later go change all the power options.

Just my 2 cents I noticed from switching from team red.

4. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Fixed my issue with Unravel as it had nothing to do with the drivers. Finished it and Nier Automata without a single issue.

Great drivers.

Apparently it is a Windows issue and not Nvidia and MS says they are working on it...

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I still don't fully understand what the issue is. In CU there's an OS level control for HDR output, it's in Display Settings (right click the desktop). Because of this there are two ways in which NV's HDR API can work: with OS HDR off or with OS HDR on. Which one is giving issues? In which games? And on what connection? Can anyone with a HDR TV make some photos of these issues?

6. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Looks like I have to skip this one, too - anybody know when the next driver might be released? Feel like I'm playing the lottery here on the G-SYNC dual-monitor 144/60Hz issue.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  7. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Error 4101, Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Nothing but trouble with this and the previous driver. Went back to the 382.05 until nVidia can figure this out.

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC GAMING (Oct 2015)
    P/N: 02G-P4-2951-KR

Unstable as f### at factory clock. I have an MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3G OCV1 on order, but apparently they went out of stock (thanks to this crypto-currency crap) after I ordered or something because it's been stalled for about two weeks now, and the price went through the roof since then. Form $189 to over $300.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Have you tried updating bios?

Check your version with GPU-Z

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Really annoying.....so I thought Win Update would only install a gpu driver from its' data base, if the currently installed driver was older....turns out it'll overwrite any newer driver if that driver isn't signed....had XG 382.53 installed, booted up yesterday, loaded up WD2 and all the characters and vehicles, including mine, started glitching out like, their polygons would go crazy and come back.

Quit the game, load back up, same thing, thought my card bit the dust, go back to Nvcpl and I'm on 382.05 official, WTF!! WTF did that happen? Re-install XG 382.53 over the top, game back to normal but now have to block the driver install using "hardware Id" group policy setting.

Windows Update is out of control man....out of control.

11. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's worse than this.

Yesterday I used DDU which blocks driver installs from windows update, even had the tool popup that stated windows update would be blocked.

Imagine my surprise when I rebooted after DDU, and driver 382.05 was forced installed?

This is a Windows 10 CU Pro install? So I'm guessing windows update has been changed again?

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yea idfk, it's way too aggressive.

13. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I don't know enough about it to give you a good answer but the best I can do is that the nVidia drivers which switch to WDDM 2.0 cause the HDR issues because of Windows 10 handling of HDR through WDDM 2.0. That is why the old driver work that only use WDDM 1.1 and not 2.0. MS has to sort out their issue with WDDM 2.0 and HDR while nVidia has to sit back and wait. I read that MS acknowledged this and that they are working on it. Past that I have not looked into it as it doesn't affect me.

Sorry, but that is all I have.

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    All Windows 10 drivers are WDDM 2.x, 1703 drivers are WDDM 2.2, 1607 are WDDM 2.1. WDDM 2.1 drivers do not support the new features of 1703 and thus they seem to be unaffected by the HDR issues.

Hence why I'm asking for more details from those who do have the issue - I personally do not plan on buying HDR anything until HDR10+/12 and HDMI 2.1 will become a standard and can't reproduce this. People are saying that "colors are messed up" without specifying where, with what settings in both OS and driver, on which display devices, etc.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Lots of Win10 1703 fixes in the new cumulative update, including this one:

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    dr_rus
    Odd, didn't get that one yet, will have to manually download it seems. Thanks for the heads up!

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Wake me up when wolfenstein or metro exodus is released then i instal a new driver, for now i stick for what i have :D

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Cumulative updates rolls out in stages, some get them early, some as late as a week after release date. I've got it on my home machine yesterday but there's nothing yet for my office PC for example.

19. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    This option appears only if u have two or more color profiles.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    *EDIT*

Post deleted as it was in the wrong thread! Sorry! :bang:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017