MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Emper0rr

Emper0rr Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately Beta 11 instantly crashes as soon as any OSD is enabled. So I installed it fine, redid my OC and updated settings so I could do voltage, rebooted, then went to tinker with OSD options. Set some for text and some for text+graph, and when I hit save it immediately crashed.

So from testing, enabling ANYTHING to show on OSD, either text or graph, will instantly cause a crash. Tried both render options classic and modern. Tried a few different stats, each will crash the program.

So it only works if I keep all OSD completely disabled. Is there any way I can provide a crash log or something? I did update RTSS as well. I don't even think it's trying to hook or display the OSD yet either, since the crash is immediately after hitting save.

I'm running AMD GPU and i7 4770k.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Try to do full uninstall with profiles removal and do not ignore reboot prompt if it is displayed during uninstallation or new version installation.

4. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    2d / 3d Profiles

For me, most important would be a functioning for 2D profile which works.

thanx!

5. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    2D Profile will only be invoked when no active 3D app is detected.
    Look if there are any in the info dialog by clicking on the big i. If so, open up RTSS Dialog, SHIFT+Click on Add, select all false positives, hit OK and close RTSS. It will be restarted automatically and there you go.

6. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    Thanx Andy_k,

Ok, I gave Afterburner another chance. At the beginning it did work (for the first time). Even after restart.
    But after setting the AB to autostart with windows minimizded and autostart of rivatuner it fell back to GPU bios regualtion (not applying the 2D settings). After reapplying the orignial procedure, and disengage the autostart it did not work again!. Well maybe its a bug of AB. No 3D app was running (your procedure).

Perhaps somebody of the programers read this and can solve it...

I went back to GPUtweak I.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  7. Unwinder

Or some of users can learn to use it, sorry.

8. Unwinder

I'll repeat once again for those who started flooding this thread with things, having ZERO relation to new beta version functionality testing. This thread is not intended for comments from those who have no AB usage experience, this thread is not intended for educating new users, so please leave comments like above one for some other place. And let those who really know how to use application do their job and polish new functionality here.
    Comments like "I gave AB another chance" from users who don't absolutely understand the application functionality will be simply removed.

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 beta 11

Works good, well done. My only suggestion is to move the text down to bottom of graph, easier to read IMO.

[​IMG]

10. Unwinder

Vertical text alignment by the bottom edge of embedded objects is not supported. So it is a bit troublesome to implement such mode.

11. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080N x2
    I like the new modern layout and you already stated how to change the grouping colours, but I was wondering if it's possible to not have such wide spacing between each value? Or have spacing be dependent on the value range of the option it's running? Like, clockspeed having room for 4 digits is great, but temperature doesn't really need it. It just takes up a lot of space at the moment; for example here's how my classic is set up, versus how it looks on modern (I haven't adjusted colours or anything yet). I love how the modern layout gives everything its own proper column, though, that's what I love.

Is it possible to get only some of the things superscript? I like "fps" and "MB" and all but I think maybe % and °C could be a little bigger, or maybe I just need to adjust the font size or something?

12. Unwinder

All those things are defined in the OSD layout inside MSIAfterburner.cfg. If necessary you can edit modern layout or create your own one based on it and define independent alignment and column width, units size and so on independently for each monitoring data source.

13. iminecoins

iminecoins New Member

GPU:
    iuiu
    hello guys, i wanted to share my tonight problem. I have updated from stable to latest beta11, clean install and default settings for the fans speed (auto). and like 12 hours later, suddently the fans stopped while i was playing a 4k game! so it started to lag (core downclocked itsef), i have closed the game, checked afterburner and saw the fans at 0%, i have rebooted the rig, started to play a game, same problem again (fans at 0%). So i have removed the GPU from the MB, he was very hot and maybe it was smelling the heated components, but not that much. I thought that the card or the fans were dead but i have re-plugged it, and now i'm running a gpu stress test since 1hour30 and it seems fine, no problem at all.
    Not sure if it's related to afterburner.

i have the 1080ti ichill x3 from inno3d

and thanks alot for the new version with graphs!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  14. Unwinder

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5446268&postcount=528

There will be no more warnings, I'll start cleaning the things unrelated to changes in this beta from this point.

15. Unwinder

Ok, we've got the names for graphs now:

[​IMG]

16. HisN

HisN Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Very Cool :)

17. Unwinder

It will be available in beta 12 a couple days later.

18. Vulkan

Vulkan Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    Maybe it was already explained, but I'll ask anyway. :) How can I differentiate the color of the OSD Texts?

19. Unwinder

You may edit the layout stored in cfg. Color tags are defined there.

20. MiR4i

MiR4i Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 x2
    I do like the fact that the values (and labels) are closer together in the modern style. I was trying to play with the raw settings in the CFG file, but I was unable to get them closer together without messing up something else. Is the "more-condensed" look only available in beta 12, or can we currently achieve that in beta 11?