Teaser water-cooled Gigabyte Aorus WaterForce Xtreme Edition GTX 1080 Ti emerges

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    With no fans i hope that water block covers every single power component.

3. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Secretly Asus and MSI have a bet who can name there products with the longest names, MSI just won.

4. Who would buy this? Just one 120mm radiator jeez... TI needs at least 3x120mm for proper OC, I have 6x120mm for GPU + CPU and another 3x120mm passive and I'm still thinking about improving it.

5. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080Ti OC
    I hope you are not serious... :confused:

6. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    Why would it need that many radiators unless they were terribly inefficient?

7. You obviously have no idea how much heat goes from those cards, not just GPU itself. Good luck to keep it under 50C with just one radiator :)

8. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I think he is... :gape:

9. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I'm interested to see VRM temp. on this one..

Why are You so extreeme demanding - lol
    Thats not make much sense until You work in studio or something.

10. Well it's Guru3D and this is supposed to be enthusiast water-cooled card with pretty high price tag :)

I mean this is like watercooling for fools. Seriously you would do better with most air cooled cards on market. One radiator has sense if you use it just for the GPU, as a hybrid cooling.

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    With this post I lost you, I understand what you said with previous posts but with your last you say that 1 rad is OK for 1 gpu...but..article is for 1 gpu..and as it seems it covers all PCB..:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TAORUSX-WB-11GD#kf

sure it's AIO gpu watercooling for dummies* yet without reviews everything here means nothing..

* people who don't really care to build piece by piece..

12. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080Ti OC
    My TitanXP Hybrids in SLI run at 46C both are on single rads, OC'd to 2000MHz. PUSH/PULL Config with ML120's.

13. Read more carefully. I said "if you use it just for the GPU". That means just the chip, with waterblock sitting just on the GPU, while cooling the rest of the card by something else (for example by air -> hybrid cooling). They cool the whole card with just one radiator, which is pointless.

14. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    I realize its a lot of heat, and i specifically stated you need to have a water block that covers every part.

One advantage of water cooling is its space efficiency. A typical heatpipe cooler usually covers the whole surface area of the card and is 2 pcie slots deep.

3x 120mm rads is significantly larger(depending on depth). If youre warm water cooling, which is what AIO closed loops are, youll hit a size where you get diminishing returns.

15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Yeah, ok got it.

16. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    To "Haste".........Nope, just nope. I had this card in the 908ti (Gigabyte Waterforce 980ti) and i had to overclock it to get it over 50F Never saw it above 60, ever, when pushed hard. 120mm single radiator is fine for 99% of people ad 99% of single card applications.

Now, I also owned an R295x2. That was two R9 290x's on one PCB. It had one 120 and an extra thick radiator. It throttled pretty bad due to heat. So, I push/pulled two industrial Noctua high-pressure fans and the throttling stopped and the ass kicking began. It needed a 240, double fan radiator.