The GTX 1080-Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The card should last its warranty period at max temps.
    But if you want it to last longer you are wise to take better care of it.
    Do what you can to keep temps down.

I put an Accelero Xtreme III on mine which even today at room temp of 30C keeps it mid 60s with a decent overclock.
    There is no way I will allow near 80C or the noise.

ps ignore him above, theres always one.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    So Darren your chosen thread to post in about your new monitor and hot weather was the 1080ti thread, which has already been diluted enough with enough of your off topic GSync discussion.

Okay.

Aww bless

3. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Whats with all the salt?? :D

4. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Mines the same , with the hot weather we have been having my cards going sub 2000 !! ha ha ;) Its not reaching the same temps as yours though that is pretty hot but from what ive read its perfectly safe , It will start to throttle at 90 I beleive and thats when it start to drop sub stock clocks which isnt much fun. I have just made a summer fan curve and started using headphones more , unfortunately my pc is in our bedroom so when the wife is in here i have to keep the pc quiet , hot weather or not :D

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not talking about a GTX 980 Ti or even a GTX 1080; I'm referring to a GTX 1080 Ti!!! It's not it's completely off-topic! Sheesh!

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Darren was perfectly ON-topic, unlike that other guy's uncalled–for and off-topic "remark". :thumbup:

Btw 4k gaming rises my FE card's temps to 77-79'C@90% fan..

I blame our hot weather! Damn you summer! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    @ Darren thats a bit to high to be honest, i agree its hot weather here as well in the Netherlands, 34c, but that temp should not be that high @ a fixed fps and 60 hz plus a custom third party cooler.

My sli setup gpu 2 will do about 75c and gpu 1 is reaching 84c now, normally [80-81]
    But when i go on 60 fps [4k DSR] my both gpu,s wont go higher as 79c [on 4k]

8. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Please clarify, are you saying that, sub-75 C while gaming at 60 Hz/60 fps max, is a bit to high?

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No thats fine but if it reaches 80+ thats to high for my taste.
    Single GPU setup should not reach that high temp with a custom aftermarket cooler for gtx 1080 ti, even with the default fan profile.

10. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    On my ASUS Strix 1080Ti I'm only ever hitting 73C at the moment with the same weather as Darren and room ambient at 29C. In Fractal Define case with 3 x 140mm fans only running at 700 rpm for silence.

Don't clocks throttle above 82C?

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    83 if i am correct.

12. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I just bought the EVGA 1080ti FE. Great card. But imho a tad hotter running than I`d like. So I returned it and ordered the EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid. The one with the water block. Can`t wait to run that.

13. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Hi guys how are you?

I had an 1080 SLi rig but i`m done with SLI, so many problems with games not optmized..... so i sold both cards and bought a 1080TI, this one:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TGAMING-OC-11G#kf

i can see some diferences when Oc this card comparing to the 1080, first i can`t reach the same 2038 in core that i had with 1080, i can reach something about 2000 in this one, second and most annoying for me, that did not ocurred with 1080 SLi rig:

If a game uses for example 70% of the card the core gets 2050 fo example, if the game jumps to 99% card usage the core goes down to 1990 or something like that with same temps!!!! why this happens? Is it normal?

I use here a 4770K @4.6 and a PG278Q 2K gsync monitor

Thanks for helping

14. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    I`m getting something about 60/65C at BF1 everything on ultra 2K and my card is +120 core and +500 mem

This gives me something about 2025 / 2012 at this temps without touching the voltage, is this a good result for 1080TI OC?

should i try touch the vcore and put something like 130 or i`m good at the point i`m now?

Thanks

15. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    The temp are important. My card reach 2025/2012 like you and with some games the temp reach 70c. That the maximum that i want for that card. So I kept my offset at that setting. I noticed in some reviews that the offset pass rarely 100. So I think that you have a good oc. :)

16. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    For some reason the water block 1080tis are on backorder here in Canada. So I opted for the 1080ti FTW3. This card kicks all kinds of azz! 3 HUGE fans, the ICX cooling etc etc etc. Huge card. Runs very cool at idle. And hasn`t gone over 60c at load as far as I can tell. Very happy I went for this 1.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My EVGA 1080ti SC black edition is on the way. Just sold my 1070 SC for $400. So I gamed on it for almost a year for just a $50 rental fee.

18. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Well damn my Asus 1080Ti Strix is starting to fail! :(

It seems if the card exceeds ~65-66C I start getting artifacts. I had it very mildly overclocked with +80Mhz on the core. I reset back to stock settings and it takes longer to hit those temps but eventually same deal I start getting artifacts.

Only way I can prevent is is to underclock the card with a -150Mhz on the Core clock.. that will usually keep it below 60C and I get no issues. Some games that don't hit the GPU hard it will be perfectly fine but been playing stuff that has it constantly at 80% or above gpu usage. I also tried 3DMark Timespy Stress Test and it only makes it through 2 loops before it starts to show artifacts and dumps out of the test.

---edit---
    Well this RMA process with Asus is off to a bad start... The online RMA Request thing does basically nothing but open a support case. I tried online chat and they guy had me try reinstalling drivers but that of course didn't fix it. I knew I shouldn't have bought from them!! Figures the one time I don't buy EVGA the card starts having problems a few months after I bought it.

Anyway the support guy said their RMA Dept is closed so they can't do anything to start that process tonight.. told me to call back tomorrow. WTF

I think I'm going to just sell the Refurb card and buy an EVGA card.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yeah I swore off ASUS GPU's years ago. Sorry for your luck.

20. hapkiman

hapkiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    I've got the MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X. It is the single best card I've ever had. Runs surprisingly cool and quiet too. Almost bought the ASUS Strix, but changed my mind at last moment. Glad I did.:)[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.