E3 2017: Far Cry 5 Gameplay Shown

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In the first-person shooter open-world game, you’re facing off against an armed, radical cult based within Christianity called The Project at Eden’s gate, who have sunk their claws...

E3 2017: Far Cry 5 Gameplay Shown

2. kroks

kroks Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    open-world really?
    it looks very scripted, go there do that... very slow, like watching a movie

3. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    The AI looks dumb as ****, still looks more interesting than COD.

4. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Hmm I wonder why they didn't choose crazy muslims for us to kill. Oh thats right. This is the year to hate whites. Even whites hate whites "liberals".. Shame on me for thinking out of line. I will give myself 5 lashings for my so called privileged life.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Because UBIsoft is french... :)

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I just want to kill mutants... screw all these unrelated FarCry games...

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed.

I really wanted sequel to the original.

8. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    :wanker: :bang:

Soon we will be shooting Nazis again in Wolfenstein, it must be because of hatred towards whites. For sure.

9. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    There's a anti white agenda all over the world most of the people from europe will know this first hand i recently visited norway and i thought i was in the middle east or africa

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I thought it looked really Cool!.....What y'all want?...They can make it, tell um.

11. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    i think this clip reminded me of the recent boring farcry games more than anything. also i suspected churches would be the new locations-to-capture and seems like they're it. Maybe watertanks will be the vantage points or even radio stations . all in all, just same old gameplay. The small biplane thingy is new and looks fun.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Can we please refrain from posting stuff like this on these forums? I play games to get away from the constant bombardment of politics and now it's saturating gaming too.

13. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    If only. It's been getting progressively worse since.

It'll probably be a while before the wave finally crashes and this crap won't be shoved down everyone's throats :|.

14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Though I don't necessarily disagree that this seems to be "the year to hate whites", what I don't get is are you suggesting we should be hating Muslims? Why should we be hating anyone without knowing them personally?

EDIT:
    Despite being American, I don't know that much about Montana. What I do know is it's 89% white, it's a politically conservative state, and has of the least support for Muslims in the country, where each other state that is even less supportive are either very remote or have smaller populations:
    https://www.salatomatic.com/reg/United-States/sPpaNwWSpq
    So yeah, joking or not, Muslims in Montana is a weird thing (though makes for a pretty good band name).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  15. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    The politics are in the games now, hence the reason it was brought up.

"X topic is to heavy, so silence please, but gee i look forward to that reskin from X publisher."

Why are certain aspects of games, such as the issues they try to touch on, not allowed to be discussed or only allowed to be discussed if its in a positive and censored manner?

Is it because people are happy so long as they can still get a wifi signal underneath all that sand?

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Because the discussions lead to exactly what's occurring in this thread - a complete derailment. If you don't want to play Farcry 5 because the 4 previous games didn't have enough non-white killing for you, that's fine, but I don't want to hear about it. Just like I didn't want to hear about people crying about killing non-whites for the four previous ones.

Also, just because I don't want to hear about politics on a hardware/gaming forum, doesn't mean I'm sticking my head in the sand, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. There is a time and place for everything and historically Guru3D is a terrible place for politics.

17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Gotta kill somebody in a game.../I call it tag then respawn ...lets play it already!....:D

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just because there are white people in this game does not mean its trying to claim whites are bad or etc. any of that nonsense. Which is why he asked for it not to be brought up, because it literally has nothing to do with the game anymore so then having a black guy be the bad guy in a game/movie/etc. and claim racism because a black guy is portrayed as the bad guy, when that had nothing to do with anything.

19. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Its not a derailment when fc5 features tones of religious extremism and the social issues of today. The very things you dont want to hear are literally in games now.

Guru3d may be historically many things, but the content of the things discussed on Guru3d is changing. You're telling me that the very political or social issues games have suddenly decided that they're qualified to cover are not allowed to be mentioned and the only things we are allowed to talk about are gfx, sfx, controls and performance. No discussing the story if it features political or social issues?

If we follow that logic and apply the forum rule of Political and War threads will be locked, to games, that means Cod, BF, Wolf, Civ threads will be locked

"I don't want to hear"

So exactly what i said in my previous post: "X topic is to heavy, so silence please, but gee i look forward to that reskin from X publisher."

"Just because there are white people in this game does not mean its trying to claim whites are bad."

No one claimed that.

The trailer for the new Wolfenstien features a black woman who says "Just who the f are you white boy".

The term 'white boy' doesn't exist in society as compliment.

If you can honestly look at 99% of E3 this year and not see a common trend, then i want what you're sedating with.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It just seems that people nowadays are very touchy, and easily offended, even white people.

I don't know if it's a new my team v your team thing, but it's pretty much an online thing in my experience, as i dont encounter it in my own life.

It definitely does look like a very political game, but games are made my people and everyone has their own views.