ZOTAC Launches the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We mentioned this product a couple of times, but it is available now. Zotac announce the launch of the the smallest GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini....

ZOTAC Launches the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini

2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Is that the same cooler used on the 1070 mini from Zotac? It does well with that GPU, but I'd be a little worried about it keeping up with a 1080 Ti at 250+ watts.

3. Aniboom

Aniboom Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6950 XT
    "The card he card he card he card he card he card". :D

4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Ha, that's some serious stuttering there, forget syllable stutt-tuttutterering, this is full on full on phrase stuttering phrase stuttering phrase stuttering!

On topic of this 1080ti card, I'd be surprised if the cooler is up to the job, although it may be able to keep a lid on it (just) at 100% fan speed. I have a GTX 1070 Amp Edition, not the Amp Extreme Edition with the super massive triple slot cooler, and my overvolted & overclocked GPU gets up to 77 degC at 100% fan speed on an infinite Firestrike Graphics Test 1 loop where it's pulling 200W consistently (so less than a 1080ti!). I can't see the cooler on this 1080ti being any better than my large (long) dual slot Amp Edition cooler.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

5. C-Power

C-Power Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 White
    This card seems to have a slightly changed cooling design from the 1070 mini but not much..

Maybe a slightly different heatpipe layout and the slightly larger fans, but I'd be very worried about temps if this would be fitted in a small case with little ventilation as these cases tend to have..:3eyes::banana: