Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You win the internet for today, sir. :giggle2:

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Just something to note, the dev team that made Mass Effect Andromeda is not the same dev team that is making Anthem, so fingers crossed they don't screw this up.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  3. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Aparently it's always online whether you are playing alone or not. It's an online co-op pve....I can't believe that bioware....legendary single player rpg developer is making a game that you cannot play in single player offline. Absolutely retarded. Why would you even try to compete with other games of this type when destiny and overwatch have massive player bases....this game will get buried and fade fast.

Just like that co-op monster hunter online game from a year or 2 ago...fastest player base decline in history really.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Well that's a pass for me, I'm sure lots of people will enjoy this, not for me.

Fastest player decline I have seen was with Medal of Honor Warfighter, literally 2 weeks after buying it there was no one to play with, to be clear I did not buy it on release day.... just a few months after release date.

5. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    (((Triggered)))

I dont think we'll see anything as bad as MEA for a long time yet.

6. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Burning question is.... will the final, retail product look this good? Looks astonishing.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    See, I've thought this about so many games. But the reality is, by the time this game comes out, it won't look nearly as impressive as it does now. Another reason I don't get showing off games that are over a year away.

It has a late 2018 tentative date. With how gaming goes, that makes it 2019 after the likely delay it will receive after being shown off at next years E3, again.

By then, other games will be released that have superior graphics, better engines, etc. Even Days Gone rivals it already and that game is "supposedly" a 2017 game, though I'm not holding my breath on that.

Heck, even once Battlefront 2 comes out with the same engine, it will dimish the visual astonishment of Anthem. Which is unfortunate, because I agree with you. It looks incredible. But I've been down this road too many times as a gamer for the last two decades to fall for it.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    So it's Biowares version of Evolve? Ugh..I had such high hopes for Evolve and that was quite the stinker. Evolve meets Destiny. Damn. Well, beautiful visuals and all, I'll pass. Didn't realize this was the road they were taking with it. :bang:

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Yes it does look like a Destiny clone. Even has the tallknecks from Horizon Zero Dawn. It could turn out good though. Time will tell once we see the game in-depth.

10. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    People on the reveal trailer comments section said that the devs confirmed for sure that it would be always online.

I couldn't remember the name of the game evolve earlier but yep...that's the failure I think they are headed for. So dumb.

11. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    To be honest I can't take BioWare seriously anymore. That trailer was heavily scripted anyway, doesn't show anyone playing live outside of a press conference context.

After Andromeda (and basically since DA2 and ME3) all I can think of when I read or see anything about or coming from BioWare is "BioWare, go home, you're drunk". A new BioWare IP to me now is about as relevant as taking a piss. I guess I should be sorry for not being on the generic "I'm excited about something I know nothing about and will obviously be incomplete at release, most likely downgraded from E3 footage fidelity" bandwagon.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    This is the game i'm the most hyped for after Star Citizen right now.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Best post I've read today.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's true yes. But like I said before. If they only shown games being released this year then Microsoft would have shown around 2 games and Sony would have had to show many indie games. The hype train needs to keep rolling!

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You are right.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    *cautiously optimistic*

Its bioware and EA afterall.

That said, the gameplay looks really good. The world looks beautiful and seems like fun!

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah.
    Sony's E3 conference was basically all the same games as 2016's conference... and most of them, still with no release dates.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    6 second teaser for upcoming trailer....

┐(* ̄▽ ̄*)┌

19. Arshad Hussain

Arshad Hussain Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6850
    The game looks well defined but I wonder why they are delaying this beauty again and again. I wish we could get the exact release date for this title.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How to avoid Andromeda's animation issues? Helmets for all!!

XenthorX likes this.