E3 2017: Wolfenstein II The New Colossus Announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Bethesda Softworks has revealed the new Wolfenstein II, Blazkowicz is back in action. Bethesda announced the new Wolfenstein: The New Colossus with a new trailer that showcases Blazkowicz blasting and...

E3 2017: Wolfenstein II The New Colossus Announced

2. lloskka

lloskka New Member

GPU:
    GAMEROCK 4090@2610
    YES!!! ( Mr Bison )

Wohoo!!!

Lastest ones, the best fps games ever played!

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Easily the best news for me from this E3 so far. Loved TNO and TOB and I was actually hoping for a US setting for the next game... so again, great news! :nerd:

4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    The new order was a fantastic game! I loved it!

5. darkrainbow

darkrainbow Member

GPU:
    rx580 special ed.OC
    Wolfenstein 2 performance on AMD?

Hmm nice but will Wolfenstein II run better on AMD than IDtech5 did?
    (hello evil within and dishonored 2 on AMD :puke2:)?

Perhaps vulkan could be patched in and performance would be like in Doom IDtech 6 :chainsaw2: (120fps+ vsycn, GCN1.0 card at 1080p, near ultra detail)

I really hope they get this right..

*EDIT snipped stuff out*

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Looks good.

7. darkrainbow

darkrainbow Member

GPU:
    rx580 special ed.OC
    sure does

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    "Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus releases on October 27th, is powered by id Tech 6"
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/wolfe...d-by-id-tech-6-gets-e3-2017-gameplay-trailer/

I dont think we need to worry. If it works like Doom, AMD users will have no problems. I really hope Dishonored and Evil Within 2 will also use latest engine.

9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I know this isn't what Wolfenstein is about, not even close, but in general, why is it that we never seem to get a game where the roles are reversed? I want to be a fictional ***** (it sadness me that I have to spell it out for people these days...) and see the horrors from their perspective; perhaps a storyline where the main protagonist comes to realize that he's one of the bad guys and most fight them from within while maintaining his position/daily work at one of those historical sites, while also trying to feed and keep his family together from the drama caused during this epoch, nightly bombing raids, etc. with an action twist (the movie Schindler's List comes to mind) as you may realize I wasn't a big fan of Wolfenstein: The New Order because of the PC approach they took (it had everything what you would expect from a WWII game if you were lucky enough to live outside of Germany) with exceptional graphics, but the generic storyline didn't make me bleed.

10. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Nice,Vulkan here we go! :banana:

Ze Mission: Liberate America from the Nazis.
    Errm,looks like a sequel from "The Man in the High Castle".

[​IMG]

11. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    While I respect and understand where you are coming from your idea of a good game isn't for the masses. Ultimately games are a business and businesses have to make a product that the masses will want to buy. What's cooler than blasting *****'s and saving America at the same time? I would have to say not waking up one day realizing you are a deviant and have to sabotage the works from within. It is a nice movie line but not a knock em over sell a zillion video games idea.

12. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Probably game will satisfy most of the masses. But I don't buy it.
    No multi-gpu, no 144Hz, locked 60, general stuttering, and many other problems expected.
    I like be wrong.

13. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I mean why would they make the game with the old id5 engine, they are going to use the new id6 one used in the most recent doom game, most likely a modified version of it i doubt they made id7 yet.

And although the last one ran at a locked 60, there was no stuttering on my system(s) and everyone is moving away from multi-gpu, which sucks but it seems to be the route most developers are going down, or it gets patched later in like Gears of war 4 recently got muti-gpu support

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The idea is interesting but a game with that approach would be blasted immediately by almost everyone. They would call it ***** propaganda and say that the makers of the game to be nazis and so on...

Another interesting idea, at least for me, would be a game about terrorism where we would play as a terrorist instead of the normal good guy trying to save the world from the evil. The moral of the game could be that in the same way we view terrorists as the evil, they think of us the same way because of all the people killed because of the war on terror and wars "sponsored" by the same countries who preach about peace... Resulting in normal people becoming terrorists to fight the evil ones. Something i think it´s happening in real life, but that´s another story.
    Of course everyone would call the game terrorism propaganda and would call the makers of terrorists and such and the game would flop hard...

So it´s better to continue with the typical stories of saving the world from nazis/terrorists/North Koreans/aliens/devil/etc....

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Does want.

16. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Answers are simply..
    Coz idtech6 very, very, poorly support tech's I mention above.
    Which I belive most ppl will like, just only if they implement it.

Talking, or rather repeating, that SLI is a dead technology, is not on place.
    Nvidia still evolving their SLI technology. HB SLI bridge. Giving driver support as they can.
    Blamming the whole technology, just by some lazy developers. Is also not on place.

I think You not try to run games maxed-out in 4K60.
    Try run (lets say).. Deus ex Mankind Devided, Watch Dogs 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, The Witcher 3..
    List is much longer.
    I have very good scaling with these games..

I have question for U. Do You have SLI/CF supported mobo in Your system..?
    Or You like buy Titan cards evry time, after extreme prices, with small compute power increase..?
    I hope You get me.

Only thing sucks for me its, really lazy developers :)

EDIT : In past I had single 1080Ti. Coz I like try gamming with just one fast GPU. So I expected no problems or stuttering from single GPU.
    But I notice smooth gameplay, with single 1080Ti in 4K it's just pure theory.

17. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    After the cliffhanger at the end of "Wolfenstein: The New Order" I can't wait.

18. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    In the case of Wolfentstein it does make sense, because this was the premise from the very first installment - blasting nazis.

What's sad is that even more "realistic" games/movies, or that want to be somewhat historically accurate, will only go for the beaten cliche roads... and it's an even worse now than it was say 10-15 years ago with all the LGBT cuckification of the media (not like the jokers from "alt-right" are any better).

But yeah, will never happen. And if it does by a miracle, it will be bashed before it even comes to light.

20. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Disabling Vsync, capping FPS at 100, and fragging nazis, christmas comes early this year :D