Computex 2017: Intel Core i9 Launches With up-to 10 cores first - Does 4.3 GHz on LCS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 3, 2017.

1. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Yes it's not easy like everything in life, but true skill shows up with limited resources, because when there's plenty stuff to burn for free or with few money limits, everyone has skills.
    But I agree with you, it isn't just pouring LN2 in a pot and there you have it.

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    always Ghz... pfff :)
    i have a G3258 and i have played a bit (for 60 Euro you have lot of fun with it BTW) with it: 4.7Ghz at 1st try on WC (i use only WC... for silence)
    but at this speed each core do way worse than a Xeon core from my main computer at 2Ghz... Ghz mean nothing exept compared to the same non-OC CPU.

About LN2 with only money your mother board will crush and /or shortfuse, your CPU will melt and you will have serious (definitive :( ) injuries...

You need serious skill in computer, chemical (it's no more only LN2), electric and isolation (-1** c and +22 c = H2O around the contact zone):eek:c: to use LN2 , this is why it is for record only and not for cool CPU used in CS:GO or plant Vs Zombies

3. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Not into promoting, I earn nothing doing so.
    Just hard to watch when people: "7700k has a couple more fps and costs the same as R7 1700 so it's the better CPU" when all benchmarks show the other way around. And now with Tomb Raider patched is R7 still that bad?

Yes, it's great to have a choice. Unfortunately people let others make the choice for them.

@Humanoid_1

No doubt AMD has the more competitive product this time. About time too, I was starting to think I'd have to wait forever to see something worth upgrading to, this CPU is 6 years old!

@jortego128

Agree with you man.

4. Rugburn

Rugburn Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3
    I don't expect there to be significant performance jump over x99.. So I believe my 6850k will stick around for a while.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    those prices.. either intel is gona crazy, or there those cpu are gona run all over the amd ones...

either way those prices are beyond stupid and years of no competition has made intel deluded

6. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I think Intel are nervous about competing against their own multicore server CPU's that don't have many more cores and lower frequencies that cost $8,000+++

7. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    2 all AMD fanboys bashing Intel here - from your comments I got that:
    1) You already have Threadripper on hands
    2) You know all prices for Threadripper
    3) You somehow also know prices\performance for "ZEN" server CPUs
    4) You have benchmark and real-world test results with Threadripper
    5) You know thermal envelope of Threadripper

So I can't really say anything to you, you clearly know better.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah well intel can no longer keep charging those prices if amd has something that is more cores/thread for 2x less the cost intels and actual out performs intel or simpler performance at that.

9. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    Well:

1) You already have Threadripper on hands
    Noone has i9 on hands.

2) You know all prices for Threadripper
    Everybody knows AMD undercuts Intel by a lot.

3) You somehow also know prices\performance for "ZEN" server CPUs
    We have a clear picture with the current Ryzen line up.

4) You have benchmark and real-world test results with Threadripper
    Same Ryzen cores, just more of it.

5) You know thermal envelope of Threadripper
    At 155w TDP we can get an idea, but not really a fact.

So, i'm not an AMD fanboy, but the indicators are out there...

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    fanboys are not intel cant keep going with those stupid prices if amd has cpu the half the price and similar performance or better STP aside.

I really want intel to come back to reality with there cpu prices and amd to pour on the heat.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Intel is going to keep pretending that there is no competition, at some point they will have to accept the fact that there is, but I don't think it will happen with Skylake X, at least not immediately.

They did cut their prices when Ryzen released although not as much as some people would have liked. They are clearly going to be first to market so they will doubtless use that period of time before TR releases to make as much money as possible.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    This is disappointing. But looking at that CPUz shot the Vcore is only at 1.25V which is extremely low compared to what it took to get 4.3 on HW-e. Wonder what the OC headroom will be when de-lidded so they can go past 1.3V.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Everyone keeps saying "wait for benchmarks before deciding" but to me, I find both products to be ridiculous, and not in a good way. They get people to approach problems in a more lazy way - rather than try to optimize software to work the best way it can, people instead are like "meh, just throw more cores at it".

All these products do is cater to people's impatience, egos, and wastefulness. If these were server chips, I wouldn't care - servers have a need for this many threads.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    is a 7700k still the fastest gaming processor?

[​IMG]

Sorry guys but I had too...:D

15. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Say what you will about either Intel or AMD but I think its great to have some monster multi-core chips finally hitting the consumer market. At the very least Zen has brought competition, Intel's prices are proof of that, even if they are still more than i'd be comfortable paying. I don't really have use for TR having just built a Ryzen system but I think AMD's shakeup is only just getting started.

Bring on the core wars!

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Thanks to AMD's attempt at makin' something "new", Intel will grind their swords and come out with something even more jaw dropping (not that it concerns me) but this is why I love competition.

17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090

This is a confused platform at best.

18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    A little off topic but is it just me or did computex feel not as good this year? I was there yesterday and although it wasn't bad, I just wasn't as impressed as last year. Overall vibe just kinda seemed boring. Maybe it's weather, we had terrible rain (even flooding) the past two days. Don't mean to steal the spotlight from Hilbert but if it's alright I can post my pictures and videos from computex for anyone who's interested.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  19. jortego128

jortego128 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 4GB
    I like the idea of the TR cause its big, bad, and its insanely HUGE...:banana:

Seriously though-- its not difficult to make use of the massive amount of cores-- hell, one of the reasons Ryzen intrigued me was because it was an octocore and I tinker with some home video editing. All video encoding programs worth their own salt can make use of as many cores you throw at them, the more the faster. Ryzen 7s haul ass when transcoding video-- TR cuts that already fast time in half! Anybody editing/making home videos etc can make use of this monster on day 1. You don't have to be a graphic artist or compile Linux kernels for a living to make good use of these.

20. jortego128

jortego128 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 4GB
    Its now rumored that Intels 14, 16, 18 core parts wont be out until next year. If that's true it proves AMD indeed caught them with their pants down. :)

*EDIT- my images were removed without warning or notification, I did not read anything in the rules stating it is against policy to post them, so here they are again. Whats wrong with a little humor in this otherwise harsh world?:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017