After months of trying to fix the latency issues with Fifa 17, I decided to format.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Blackfyre, May 29, 2017.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Now the latency issues with Fifa 17 are well documented. I don't think there was a tweak, test, driver, tool, or setting out there left to fix the latency issues Pascal Cards have with Fifa 17 on Windows 10. So I gave up, I thought it must be something interfering with it.

Unplugged every USB that's plugged into the PC, unplugged every HDD that's plugged inside the PC except the 500GB SSD. I didn't even backup the game, I was determened to do a FULL clean install of Windows 10 CU, download and install origin, download and install latency monitor, download and install Fifa 17 and test the latency.

Here's the result:

Link to image:

http://imgur.com/a/BSayc

Image Below is too big, so I have placed it in spoiler tags, same as link above:

[​IMG]
    Nothing is installed, I did not even install InputMapper or DS4Windows.

I'm about to format later today and install Windows 7 as the final test for this latency issue (trying to figure out if it's actually a Windows 10 exclusive issue with Fifa 17 and nVidia - as some told me it was in the past). Either Microsoft or nVidia needs to get this fixed. Absolutely pathetic.

I will report back later with results after a clean install and a full updated Windows 7.

EDIT #1:

Update at the end of Post #46 (highlighted in red), on page two (linked below).

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5437905&postcount=46

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Are you on the creators update ? I had to install windows Enterprise LTSB to get rid of my probems with many things :)

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Can you make a video? I would like to see the latency you mentioned. Cheers.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  4. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    I wish DPC Latency Checker works with Window 10 or better software to use compare to LatencyMon. LatencyMon only show latency spike which we have no idea if it only 1 time occurrence or constant.

Can u try play Fifa17 in windowed mode?

5. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
  6. Good job.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yes buying a $500 OS makes sense because his FIFA game doesn't work. :stewpid:

8. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    no buying, using trial 180 day free

9. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    turn off HPET in bios if it helps.

10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    This is interesting, I'm going to check with Windows 7 first. If the latency issue is fixed, I will try Windows Enterprise LTSB.

Oh mate, I've tried everything to fix the latency issues with this game. Here's an earlier thread where we tried multiple options. Anyway most importantly, with the exact same system, removing my GTX 1070 and installing my old AMD HD7970 OC (280x equivalent) fixed the latency issue. Problem is that card doesn't have HDMI 2.0 support and my 4K TV won't run past 30FPS. Check out the thread below:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=412595

As for your other comment regarding a way to test whether it's 1 time occurrence or not, I completely agree. I wish there was a program to test more thoroughly rather than having highest value, we could have min, max, and average latency.

I can tell you that the latency issue doesn't always kick in while playing the first game, most times it gradually happens. For example, that number above could very well be a latency blimp (which always happens at the start of the game), but a game or two into a playing session and it becomes more frequent, to the point that if you're playing Fifa 17 over 1 hour, it becomes ridiculously noticeable, especially in 2 player mode. It's like the latency is getting worse in an accumulative manner.

Remember we had already discussed this issue before, I posted a link to the thread above. I'm aware that you either don't have the latency issue or you don't realise that you're having it. But for me, the latency issue is very noticeable.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Are there devices with IRQ shared with videocard? Although such sharing increases ISR stage but not DPC stage.

12. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    The videocard is plugged in one of the two PCI Express X16 slots. The other two X8 slots are empty, so the GPU runs in 16X mode rather than 8x mode.

I have a soundcard (Creative Soundblaster Z) and an Intel Network Card (EXPI9301CTBLK) plugged into the small PCI Express X1 slots (so they shouldn't have any impact on the GPU).

I was told to remove both & check the latency once before, but the latency issue is exclusive to Fifa. I haven't noticed such high latencies on (Nvlddmkm.sys) while testing other games; maybe the Witcher 3 when the pascal cards first came out, which was stuttering, but nVidia fixed the stuttering and high latency with most games at the start with a driver update within the first few weeks. Never got fixed with Fifa 17, not a single driver ever fixed it. Definitely improvements along the way, but the issue always remained.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Check if there's a BIOS update for your graphics card. Might work?

14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    If it was an issue that was happening with multiple games, I'd have considered it. But like I said above, it seems to be an issue that's exclusive with Fifa.

I have the BIOS which came out with the cards when they were first released. The BIOS releases which followed after that only made overclocking worse with no improvements. Updating the BIOS for GPU means I can no longer return to this one.

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    All PCI Express slots are independent because they all have its own channel (lanes) to PCI Express Root (in contrast with old PCI bus where the bus was shared among all devices).
    But the interrupts in OS are still handled in same old way:
    - interrupt from device arrives;
    - ISR routine is called;
    - ISR routine queues DPC routine end exits;
    - DPC routine is called.
    Problem with devices which share IRQ is their ISR routines should check whether arrived interrupt is from their device or not. So the less devices with shared IRQ the better.

I found and tested a way of logging ISR and DPC activities (% of time processor spent in ISR and DPC routines) by means of Windows and can post if you are interested. Unfortunately it doesn`t show per devices/driver activities.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
  17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I can fix all the latency issues except for (Nvlddmkm.sys). To fix all other latency issues I use the following, and I just tested it out on this clean install of the OS, and the only component now that remains with high latency is the nVidia driver.

I run command prompt in admin mode and use this:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick true
    bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
    bcdedit /set useplatformtick false

And I change the Windows from using Line-Based Interrupts to Message Signaled-Based Interrupts for all hardware components using MSI-Mode Utility. That solves all other latency issues with every component except for the GPU (and only in the case of Fifa 17 right now).

You're right, it didn't hurt. But sadly there was no improvement to (Nvlddmkm.sys) latency with Fifa 17. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Blackfyre Did you try on another rig? FIFA 17 still lags with other PC's too?

P.S. Now I turn on V Sync + capped my frame rate at 59.942 with RTSS.

19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

This has been my issue with Win10, high latencies on X99 and Pascal cards due this I reverted back to W7 64bit where I've low latencies and no issues at all

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

20. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    I had to unlock the FPS and use Fastsync to get better perceivable smoothess.