Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Montana Scenery

I forgot to mention...if anyone wants a good look at Montana...see the movie, "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" starring Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges. It was made entirely in Montana in the early 70's and much of it was filmed in the city I lived in (Great Falls). I saw it at a drive-in here in NH with my friends and as we watched the movie I kept saying out loud to everyone, "This looks a lot like where I used to live." LOL Then a night scene comes with a view of Central Ave. and the Civic Center in downtown Great Falls and I immediately recognized it.

It's also not a bad movie.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i do agree with u on the takedown, there should be 1 way of taking down enemies and not so many death from above and all that ****.

3. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Thanks for your reply. Let me add some more observation on take downs.

The one way of taking down enemies in close combat should be a set of programmed actions that correspond to the player's input...not a short video that plays when you get close enough and hit an action key. Imagine playing a simulation of football and you hit a single key when an opposing player comes within range and you get to watch, not do, the action from that point forward. This is one of my criticisms of what has happened to the Far Cry franchise. It's rampant in other games as well.

It's a programming shortcut to save development costs but is promoted as an exciting "feature" of game play. The only reward you get is unlocking the many different "take downs" as the game progresses. This is Ubisoft's idea of simulating the development of "skills". The player is not developing any skills at all. Some people may not realize there was a time when you actually had to become adept at using your controls in order to survive.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    well i cannot deny i enjoyed farcry 3 with all the takedowns, but yes it does take away from the full experience as to how u need to use ur controls and not have a simulation do it for u, i agree, but we can't do anything abt it , can we...i mean this is how the games are , i like the farcry franchise since the first game, and ive played them all, i would have preferred if it was simple like fc2 yes.

5. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I agree we cannot control what Ubisoft decides to develop and publish. But we can make it known that we are mindful of their choices which is what I did last fall when I participated in a Ubisoft focus group for the Far Cry series. I really hope we see some new game play dynamics in FC5 and not just another iteration of FC3. I think that would disappoint everyone at this stage.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    FarCry 5 Announcement trailer...

7. You are fast man :)

Well I didn't like the latest FarCry installments but this one looks very promising.

edit: the release date though... February 27, 2018

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Looks like a cool setting to me. Don't really see what the issue is.

They dropped a bunch of trailers.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  9. ^ I just hope I'll live long enough to see real-time in-game graphics look like this :)

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Setting looks quite interesting! Hopefully it is a good story!

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Pretty sure she's a liberal..

12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    That first trailer was actually pretty awesome.
    Game looks pretty bad ass.

13. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I hope this game don't get water down because of stupid censorship catering for mentally unstable crybabies. :)

Other than that, first game I'm looking forward to pre-order for 2018! <3

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    game already has box art, available 28/2/2018, can t wait

15. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I'm worried after seeing the official trailer in that there are a lot of things that smack of the same old Far Cry formula that has dominated the series since FC3. The terrain is perfect for pickup trucks and ATV's. The mountains make for hang gliding and zip lines. I didn't see any towers but that doesn't mean there won't be any. There's yet another charismatic psycho in control as the antagonist. There will be bears and probably mountain lions and bobcats (maybe some rattlesnakes). All in all it looks too much like Far Cry 3.6 but hopefully I will be wrong.

One thing I didn't see which I think would make the game interesting is all the ICBM missile silos that dot the countryside. There are three places in the United States that have ICBM's and Montana is one of them. My Dad worked on them back in the early 60's and I watched many a missile convoy leave Malmstrom AFB for installation as a boy. We would unexpectedly encounter them while hunting after hiking for hours through the mountainous country. They are sobering to say the least.

Odd there were no Native Americans shown in the trailer either. Montana has several tribes within the state (Blackfoot, Cree and Crow and some members of other tribes as well). When I lived there in the 70's I was appalled at how much prejudice I saw from the local people against the tribes.

16. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Another WatchDogs E3 2012??
    :banana:

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i don t think we ll see a visual downgrade anymore, farcry primal looks very very good , and remember farcry 3 was a game made to be run on xbox 360, now since the ps4 and xbone are capable, we will have a game with very good graphics

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Graphics in the first details vid look nice. I'm not expecting anything radically different from the Ubi formula but I'm open to being surprised :p

19. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    You underestimate Ubisoft.

20. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Eh. Until they change the rinse and repeat formula and include an interesting story with characters that i dont hate before the intro has even finished... then ill pass.

Open world with lots of toys is as fun and meaningless as collecting action figures and the plastic crap you get with pre-orders. They look nice and the initial acquisition of said items is "exciting", but once the honeymoon period wears off you realize they add nothing.