IGN: Why Do People 'Hate' EA? - Seriously? What is that all about? We asked EA.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Final8ty, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Guess he has the same version as I have then ;) I wasn't too happy with the 2010 game and I actually bought this when the prices had already dropped. I was interested in the campaign and thought a round or two in multiplayer wouldn't hurt either.
    Well, I really should have saved that money.

The fact I hate about EA is how they treat the "products" they publish, other people's games.
    If the sales figures aren't right? Drop support. If the support budget, as small as it was, has been met? Drop support. Something else doesn't match? Drop support.
    I've seen it several times now that, even with a more-or-less finished patch from the developer, EA insisted on dropping the support and letting the game sit there in a really bad state (apart from MoH NFS:Shift 2, Crysis, or one of my favorite games, The Saboteur, comes to mind).

It's one thing to rush out games to meet a deadline but it's a totally different thing to drop support on a product that has many clear issues still left unsolved.
    Even Battlefield 3, as successful as it is, would have been a much better and "quality" game if it had come out half a year later.

2. aKiss

aKiss Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050ti LP
    Hello again, Sash here.
    I was a game tester at EA for 2 years.
    Even the employees at EA, hate them.
    Their devs are retarded, they are lazy and superficial, they do not give a **** about bugs, especially the ones in Canada (Bioware, Fifa) and their outsourcing Quality Assurance (Romania included) hire their game testers on minimum wage specific to the outsources country, with minimal chase of being promoted unless you are kissing ass of your superiors. Most experienced testers leave to Ubisoft, which also has a quality assurance and production branch in Romania.
    EA is worth to be hated, because even it's employees hate it!

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    This doesn't shock me. They care more about the money than anything else. COD 17.. Cmon man, let people that know games make the decisions, not the damn suits!

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    EA is no worse or better than Activision.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm not sure I'd agree with that entirely.

Blizzard is part of Activision, and they're usually pretty good in listening to the community and releasing quality products without rushing things out of the door. Activision outside of that is poor, but I'd rate EA as worse simply for that reason.

As for why people hate EA? The number of companies they've taken over and ruined/killed defies belief, some of which were amongst my favourite studios.

Bullfrog
    Westwood
    Bioware
    Origin

The list goes on.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    EA is Fifa, Madden, Battlefield. Not CoD.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    EA and other very large publishers are just the creation of gamers.
    They are there to obey the consumers, but if you happen to be the minority who they ignore then you obviously hate them, as human beings are sensitive and generally don't like being ignored.

It is what it is.

9. No1True

No1True Guest

GPU:
    They should have ea president or board.. not "as a company" Ofc we cant vote who is in charge of ea but no doubt those guys who made great games are nowhere near to the spot where they can call the shots.

And no one is bombarding them on twitter.. heck even Trump gets more criticism than EA money hogs.

10. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    EA has never promised to make their Games Great Again.

11. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Ive got less of an issue with EA than I do with other publishers, even if only because they dont make games i like so therefore i've no need to be a critical of them.

They killed Criterion and the burnout series and that was the end for me personally. No longer pay attention to what they put out.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Man... testing games for 2 years? How did you not end up hating games after that?! :p

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I hate EA because they own DICE... that is the only reason.

it's like watching a disgusting person strangling something you love.

14. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I want the DICE back that made RalliSport Challenge 1 and 2 for the OG xbox.

I think they were called Digital Illusions at the time. Amazing what they pulled off with RSC2 on the OG xbox. A real shame that when the last xbox dies, the ability to play RSC2 goes with it.

It was made with support for 16:9 also!

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No, not necessarily. For me, their lack of support & respect is the main culprit.
    I don't know a single publisher that released games in such a state, and then discontinued support right after launch.

16. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Square "Squash it out of Existence" Enix.

Square "Are we NeiR yet" Enix.

Take ya pick.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I have Tomb Raider and Hitman, various games. They all ran fine and had several patches.
    As they were trouble-free and single player, I haven't followed any excessive footage about them though.

Google "The Saboteur" or the NFS Shift games, or just how Battlefield gets released usually. It's a total lack of respect.

18. No1True

No1True Guest

GPU:
    But why the EA HATE then? If people dont expect that, if that company doesnt pretend its making great games when what are they doing and why people expecting something else?

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Shame EA own the NFS Series, cuz i would like to see NFS2SE, NFS3 and NFS4 on GoG.

The best ones in the series.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    EA games for the most part are not that bad PC wise, they mostly all run on the same engine and all look and perform well.

They also have a refund policy asfaik.

Not convinced it's not just a case of double standards.