Terror attack in Manchester

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BLEH!, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Not sure what you're getting at here with the bolded quotes brasky.

2. aKiss

aKiss Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050ti LP
    Call out some psychopath's religion, for slaughtering children, all PC cucks jump on you.
    Call white men who speak up their mind racists, the entire Internet cheers for you

3. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    While I agree no one should ever generalize and blame an entire religion for the actions of a few, the religion really is the source of the behavior here. Jihadists are engaging in these attacks on innocent people because of their deeply held religious beliefs. If you understand the concepts behind their faith, what they are doing is perfectly rational.

This isn't guesswork - they're directly telling us exactly why they are commiting these attacks. They even made this topic the lead article in an issue of the ISIS magazine. See here for further details.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  4. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Until we are prepared to make the tough decisions these attacks will continue on our soil.

Having people with verified connections to known terrorists or terrorist organisations living here in the UK with the permission of the government is always going to end in slaughter.
    The current system has failed tragically.

If imported beef had killed this many people over the weekend, there would be an instant ban on imports and a round up of all suspected products in the public domain.

We have had thousands of people return to the UK after leaving to join / support ISIS. Have they all gone to prison, no.
    Try travelling abroad to join a child sex ring and then coming back to the UK, you will be spending years in jail for that.
    Assist in some way with killing kids and get 'rehabilitated', look at a photo of a naked kid and you go to jail, get put on a register requiring you to regularly report all kinds of details to the police and restricting you from many kinds of employment for life, as well as your neighbours being informed of your threat as if they didn't already know from your photo having been splashed all over the media.

Until we get serious about the issue then more people will die, more children will get blown to bits and more terrorists will inhabit the UK.

Last edited: May 23, 2017

5. Little

Little Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
    That is what happens everytime the mentally retarded regressive left speaks. It is also the result of letting barbaric uncivilized people into your country without proper background checks or vetting. I estimate they are around 500-600 years behind civilized western cultures. No one wants to be viewed as "racist" due to facts these days. The truth hurts sometimes even if you don't want to admit it.

6. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Well, they're aiming for the 7th century, so about 1300 years behind civilized society.

7. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    These extremists need to be isolated and weeded out, even if this is just a small faction of the Muslim community it is still a part of it, whether good Muslim people condemn them as anti Muslim terrorists they have hijacked Islam for their own agenda. Our government need to wake up and do something about this instead of placating us with pathetic platitudes, I don't feel safe in this country anymore and this latest attack being up north it's just too close to home for me,

I mean I saw Radiohead at the Manchester Arena a few years ago, the last thing on my mind was whether I was safe from a terrorist attack, the poor families deserve some justice here but they're not going to get it and this cycle will continue until this Government lift a finger and decide to do something, how many more death's will it take?

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Not ok and NOT funny in the least now or any other time. Only in your mind I guess.

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Because he thinks the exact opposite and he thinks time will prove him right and he doesn't want him editing so he can go I told you so.

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Well I'm all for every citizen everywhere being asked to take some type of lie detector test to prove whether or not they think the taking of innocent life is ever justified. Anyone who fails (i.e, says it's ok under this circumstance or that circumstance or if the victims are of a certain race/ethnicity/religion/nationality etc.) would then be swiftly exiled to a harsh, remote location where survival of the fittest can run its course. Of course, millions of people would probably be sent off, many of them unaware of how their own biases, prejudices, and ignorance had trained them to value certain lives more than others.

@UnrealGaming, what's your location, bro? Raqqa? Seriously, don't joke about sh*t like this. One life taken unjustly is like taking all of humanity's life unjustly--full stop. I'm so damn tired of the callousness towards other people's suffering.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    http://news.sky.com/story/manchester-bombing-woman-looked-very-suspicious-before-attack-10889847

Possible lapse in their security. Probably to avoid being sued for being racist lol. Pathetic. Suspicious bags and behaviour are classic signs of trouble.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    This is true. You simply can't dodge that this is religiously motivated. You don't see other religious groups doing these attacks in anywhere close to the same frequency. Claiming that because 98% of a religion's followers are peaceful excuses the 2% who blow children up at concerts is a pretty poor argument (not singling out anyone out in here). Nobody is calling for people of color or people who identify as Muslims to be beaten and deported though. Well, nobody worth listening to, anyway. Terrorism in general is a serious issue affecting free societies. We have to bite the bullet at some point and realize that there are two options we can take. One, we can reduce personal freedoms and create surveillance states to lower the chances of these acts occurring. This seems to be the route a lot of countries are taking, and arguably is an outcome the terrorists would be pleased with. The other is coming together in solidarity after such attacks, condemning the ones responsible, and moving on the best we can.

I'm not trying to be defeatist or take away from this utter tragedy. When I heard about it it made me physically sick. But it raises serious questions about what can really be done about a group of people hell bent on destroying us at any cost, when the group is religiously motivated. Religion isn't something you can just defeat. You can't go to war with a religion. I'm honestly unsure how to feel anymore. The attacks are becoming more and more frequent. They use anything they can get a hold of. Bombs, guns, trucks, etc. It's cancerous to our way of life. Truly, it is.

Before anyone starts furiously typing about what a terrible post this is, keep in mind that I have nothing against Islam whatsoever. I live in close proximity to several Muslim families and I don't have any ill will against them. I don't bat an eye when I see them in the hallways. I know what the statistics are. Bigotry gets us nowhere. But I am definitely confused as to what element of this religion kicks off so much hatred of our societies compared to others, and what we're supposed to do about it.

Ultimately what's important is that my heart goes out to you guys in the UK. Especially those who knew those in attendance or who were affected.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    BOLD: That did not work and will not work.
    Underlined: It can be quite easily described:
    Verses about women in Quran: 5% give them praise, ~23% place them equal to man, 71% places them below man in value
    In Hadith is goes: 1% Good, 10% Equal, 89% bad

You did hear about Jihad, yes? Well, Quran has about 9% of its text connected to it. Hadith about 21% of its content about Jihad. And Sira brutal 67%.

Texts against Jews: Quran in time of Mekka ~1%, Quran in time of Medina ~17%, Hadith ~9%, Sira ~12%. Compared to that Mein Kampf has 7% of its text directed against Jews.

Then there are so called Kafirs (unbelievers, but meant in derogatory way). Texts about them are in mentioned books too:
    Quran talks in 64% of its texts about unbelievers. Hadith has 37% of its texts about unbelievers. And Sira whole 81%.

By now you can Guess what it means when Sira text is in 67% about jihad and in 81% of texts talks about Unbelievers and 12% about Jews. Yes, it quite overlaps.
    = = = =
    And fact is that there is only one solution to problem. Disbanding this nonsensical ideology. Why?
    Because even "Moderate" Muslim will tell you that biggest mistake Christianity did was to make alterations to Bible over centuries.

But that's sole reason why Christians are not crazed monkeys burning casually opposition on streets.

You may think that Quran can be reformed for 1st time in history. But it can't.
    Bible has some 800 thousands words. Quran has some 78 thousand words.
    Take Quran and apply abrogation which is way Muslim explain contradiction in texts ("New stuff contradicting old one is better and old one no longer applies"). But now Book gets quite shorter and is quite more hateful.
    Remove all hateful verses and you are left with few dozens of pages of text. Is that still something you can base religion upon? No, not really.
    = = = =
    One can say that there are still those other books and they are longer. Yes, they are. But is that a good thing? Sira is almost twice as long as Quran, but contains 67% of text about jihad compared to 9% in Quran.
    Hadith is around 4 times as long as Quran, but it does not say much good about women (And a lot of bad/low social status). Has over twice as high percentage of Jihady texts.

One can go on and on, there is no Fixing problem when you can't fix root cause which is that 1400 years unchanged religious texts empowers anyone who wants to cause harm.

Maybe this will open some eyes...

And I am sorry and sad that I did have to write it all into this thread.

16. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    @UnrealGaming

You're a real piece of ****

Little children died in this attack, and you think its the time to bust out your "edgy" sense of humour?

I can tell you're neither an adult or a parent. Thank goodness.

Get back on Reddit and YouTube and enjoy your anonymity, you sad little man.

@Hilbert, why no perma ban for this guy? I don't want to read jokes about children with cancer, or jokes about tragedies said purely to illicit a feeling of anger or sorrow. We don't and shouldn't want that kind of person here.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Lol, no wonder you have such a perverted understanding of Islam. Why don't you read a little bit about the nutjob whose opinion you seem to think is gospel truth. I'll post the following link,

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2011/anti-muslim-inner-circle

I hope it's just your poor grasp of the English language that led you to think that this guy was legit. Tell me, do you also go to the baker to get advice on how to treat a life-threatening illness? I swear, some people are willing to listen to anyone, no matter how unqualified, as long as they confirm their own biases. Have you ever had an in depth conversation with a practicing muslim? Do you even have any close acquaintances who are muslim?

If there is a challenge for the "islamic world" (an almost non-sensical phrase in and of itself given the incredible diversity of cultures and practice throughout), it is to challenge the soft power that's been projected by the minority Wahhabi sect from the Kingdom of Saud, through billions and billions of petrodollars over the past several decades. It would be nice if we in the West would not send mixed messages by condemning ISIS and then signing multi-billion dollar weapons deals with countries like Saudi Arabia, whose official doctrine is nearly identical.

Regardless, before you start railing against islam, remember that it was islamic civilization that preserved much of the knowledge of antiquity during the European dark ages and made countless advances of its own in the sciences, medicine and arts. In short, you wouldn't be sitting in front of a computer, reading and regurgitating the drivel you posted if it weren't for the quranic injunction to seek all forms of knowledge (scientific and otherwise).

18. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    A rare voice of reason.

19. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850

You should read A book by Emmet Scott

Mohammed and Charlemagne Revisited: The History of a Controversy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578094185/ref=asc_df_05780941854963836?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=shopzilla0d-20&ascsubtag=shopzilla_rev_463-20;14956751218430280414810090301008005&linkCode=df0&creative=395093&creativeASIN=0578094185

I,m sorry but islam has been a cancer on the civilized world since its inception

20. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Mohammed and Charlemagne, now those are examples of men who've done an amazing job and are getting noticed more and more, I've noticed. Seriously, gtfoh you worthless gob****e.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.