Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    [​IMG]

so airplanes are new.
    rest seems boring to me already by looking at that pic though

2. I dunno. I find the setting quite interesting, but it is too soon to speculate. I'm sure they will disappoint me as always... Recent FC games were crap IMO.

3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    "Ubisoft has just revealed the first promo artwork for Far Cry 5. This artwork shows the game’s main antagonist, confirms that the game will take place in modern times, and that it is set in Montana.

Moreover, this artwork also confirms the religious cult theme that was rumoured a while ago."

Seems like the frenchies from Canada studio Ubisoft are obsessed with their SJW and hate against an beautiful county & beautiful people who lived in USA.
    They need an bankruptcy. :wanker:

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    people are slamming this poster promo and linked it to Trump white america

this game is gonna be interesting and controversial.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dunno... poster reminds me of FC4 with Pagan Min. I was hoping they'd change the time it is set in and get something awesome like blood dragon and different like primal. Oh well.

Oh and loonies will link anything and everything to Trump. I hope they're out in full force. It will be more interesting than the game for me lol.

6. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I wonder if there will be a "body-slamming" take down in FC5?

7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Ah scrapser, 'ol pal. How about another round of FC2 vs. FC3 for old times sake?! :)

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Love how quickly people are jumping on trashing and hating this game. Specially all they've got to go by is a marketing image of a few characters and the title.

Sorry, but FC3 and Primal were absolutely awesome. And I'm really looking forward to this one.
    And, since rumors are pointing to it moving away from the militia theme and into a sort of cult story... I'm definitely interested.

9. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Make sure you always have your "guardian" with you while performing a take-down. And leave your glasses at home. ;)

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well it does look very similar to the FC4 cover art though it has a few different themes, I can see a bow too but I wasn't a huge fan of them although the explosive bolt one in FC2 came in handy a few times I suppose. :D
    (A couple of religious motifs as well such as that bread piece and wine goblet, bible and the scene slightly resembling that Last Supper painting so yeah I guess the cult rumor might have been true.)

11. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
  12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    LOL beautiful people who vote for Trump?

13. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    LOL. I saw the news story and Montana is a place that's dear to my heart (just like FC2) so I couldn't resist. To speak to Damien, I'm not trashing FC5. It hasn't come out yet but I would knock the take down system anytime as it waters down the game play significantly.

As an aside, I lived in Montana from 4 till 9 years old and then went back in my twenties. In the late 50's and 60's the state had not yet been spoiled by tourists and rich people from California (lots of movie stars have homes there now). At age 7, I had an adventure that could have been taken from a Far Cry game. My Dad and I were hunting and we went out on a cliff way up near the top of a mountain to take in the view. We didn't realize there was a Bobcat den under the rocks. They came out and cornered us on the cliff cutting off our escape route. Unfortunately, my Dad had to shoot two or three and the rest ran off.

Growing up as a boy in Montana, a very pristine and beautiful region of the Northwest, gave me a lifetime appreciation for nature. It's not easy to set roots down there as there's no industry or booming economy which is why I don't live there now. But it's the best place I ever lived and I lived all over the United States and beyond.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    My post wasn't directed at you, I've seen a lot of comments around various sites. And it's a ton of "This game is garbage" type of stuff.
    And it's people completely jumping the gun based off one piece of promo art.

Just found it funny how quickly people are willing to trash something they know nothing about.

15. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah...that bothers me, too. Thanks for responding to my post. I appreciate it.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Why is this 5? Shouldnt it be 6? Primal not included in numbering scheme?

17. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Ass Creed would be on #15 or something if that's how they went about naming things

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Love Fary Cry games. This setting looks interesting!

19. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    Bring it on I say, & thank god its not based to far in the past, & defo not based in the future.
    FC1 rules in the series still, fc4 is very good too in its own way.

Lets see what the next news or video is like,,,

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    When they released Primal, they said it wasn't the next official entry in the series.
    It's a side game, similar to Blood Dragon.
    It's why it used the same map template as FC4. A smaller scale project just to fill the space until the next official entry was ready.

Similar to how GTA:Vice City and San Adreas weren't the next official entries. They both followed GTA3, but it wasn't until after those two games that we got GTA4.