Microsoft Unveils Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 11, 2017.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Gotta love the negativity on this forum.

From a "corporate standpoint" you should have a windows version where you can turn off automatic updates and only do them once you know it'll work for you, so i'm not sure what your entire post has anything to do with anything. You're basically stating windows should not do updates at all ever because it might break something for you or business' even though you and all business' have ways to work around it. I'm sorry but if the place you work at does not understand how to control their OS, that is their fault, not microsofts.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'm still on 1607 enterprise. Haven't had any stability problems.

3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I am totally looking forward for our well respected and beloved Microsoft to break crucial functions, introduce security issues and totally mess up application compatibility! :)

What a beautiful day to experience yet another BSoD! :)))))))

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The funny thing is what you state comes from a lack of ability to maintain your own computer.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Why so? It runs just fine on regular gasoline and mechanical oil.

Ok, I am done with trolling Win10. You ruined all fun with your seriousness and worthship.

==============••=

------ Joke ------>

You

==========•=====

Gods blessings.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So I guess Microsoft should do it for him?

7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Microsoft was doing my laundry since 2006.

Ok, I am totally done now.

8. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    Windows 10 is getting better and better every update. am so happy really with it i had to get pro version upgrade from home edition.

9. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I too think they need to chill out on these big updates. I haven't had any problems on my desktop, but the latest Creators Edition caused a stuck update loop on my Dad's laptop - he's not a power user, so I had to save his bacon. Microsoft is causing people unnecessary problems by updating the OS so often. They need to realise that it's just an OS, not the star of the show, the programs that run on it are the stars, all you want your OS to be is stable/predictable/efficient - at the moment Microsoft are on some kind of gimmick train with the way they're updating their OS, it's nonsense. By all means change Windows 10 once in a while (a lot less than currently) with updates that they've tested a lot more deeply so that bugs & issues don't occur as much, but that's not how it is at the moment.

10. Evele

Evele Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700 XT
    I just want to be able to set different wallpapers across multiple monitors. Still waiting on that.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you know DisplayFusion?

Free version support that feature and many more.

12. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Hard to imagine because no one use Windows Phone lol

13. mattm4

mattm4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6900xt
    My point in all of that is, in the past we would see major fixes and a few features added with service packs. Patching and updates has always been Microsoft from the early days. But dropping these massive updates and adding more features and changing things around, started with windows 10. That's my gripe, I dont have an issue with updates, just when they add more features and move things around, and cause problems. It's seems like their model now is to add things, to make the OS feel fresh, when really a lot of people just care about a rock solid OS, and would rather add features on their own. I liked the service pack model much better for when adding features. Not this every 4 months we are going to give you these massive updates, for new features.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the 4 times i had my startmenu break after windows 10 restarted for a update forcing me to do clean install say other wise. so dont try and blame that on end user.

Windows 10 breaks alot easier in comparison to win 7

Like said in another thread Every build since original RTM has had startmenu bugs that get in the next major build just for the build it have is own startmenu bugs 1151 had bug, that 1607 fix but 1607 introduced it own bug and 1703 fix that bug just replace it with own bug.

Win 7 was never this bad with updates.

Dont get me wrong I glad i took the free update from Win 7 and I would not go back to 7, window 10 is great OS when it works and isnt breaking cause the updates. and does break alot easier then any other OS i ever used.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Cortana works everywhere, and the file resuming feature will work with any combo of devices as long as one runs Windows.

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Funny thing how only the people having the accursed always-updating Windows 10, were the only ones to escape the NSA-leak Armageddon currently going on. The only legit issues with the OS currently are stuck upgrades, and these usually happen due to bad drivers and applications (drivers for devices and AV that don't follow guidelines).

17. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Running two Windows 8 and one Windows 7 machines. No issues.

Only legit issue with the OS is stuck upgrades? You're living in a MS fantasy world as usual!

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's the only issue I have actually encountered with a test bed of at least half a hundred systems up to this point. Do you have any specific cases you have in mind? Apart from non-updated software.

EDIT: I just saw a system with a Samsung SM961 NVMe not being able to upgrade. The controller driver is 99% the reason for that happening, but that shows that the upgrade process still has a long way to go. NVMe drives are becoming more and more common.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Maybe if it didn't look like a Windows98 clone....more people would take it seriously...

Google isn't bringing Android to the PC market. That's what ChromeOS is for and it's really all most people need. Google tried Android on Netbooks and it failed miserably. They would have to develop 2 different branches of Android to properly support Phones, Tablets and PCs....and devs would have to develop multiple branches of their apps as well.