Nvidia GeForce 382.05 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, May 4, 2017.

1. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    You are funny. Some people don´t care, they never cared. And the rest just understands software. How is anyone trying to brainwash people to accepting telemetry?

And btw, it is normal. It was normal even 15 years ago.

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680

Let's not forget that the installer itself sends data to nvidia unless you firewall it ofc.

3. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I haven't noticed in any game as i haven't been playing at all, but it happens in Desktop.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I get this on Chrome 59 Beta.

Just listening to some Spotify and browsing the web then suddenly music stops, black screen, back to desktop and music starts playing again where it left off.

And Firefox, Chrome and Spotify all have something in common, and that is "Hardware Acceleration".

You might want to disable it, but it's annoying despite happening rarely.

So far this driver is garbage from my experience.

4. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    ''

You don't have to understand software to understand that someone collecting data about you without your consent probably doesn't have your best interest in mind.

Your comment makes me think you weren't even alive 15 years ago.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Telemetry this and telemetry that.. just delete it out of installer, problem solved.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    NV isn't collecting any personal data about you so how does that have merit?

7. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    ffs, you are giving them your consent by installing it.

8. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Hence, can I just have the driver please without all the BS?
    (and not have to engineer it or change it in order to be able to just have the driver? The bulk of the download and install is not the bare driver, but all the bloatware and tracking-(shield, telemetry, geforce exp, updatecore, backend, etc etc ect)

Then theres the "fixes" ...example, they fixed* the issue with no man's sky sli, *

*translation - they set SLI to Single GPU only - ...really?

;)

9. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    You don´t get to choose what features you want, just like you can´t choose what do you want included in your Windows installation or what features do you want to have in your phone.

;)

10. tyguy

tyguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Did they fix this yet?

[​IMG]

11. Con1750

Con1750 Guest

Get this as well, thought it was related to win10 creators?

12. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 S
    Helo my friends from Guru`s 3D forum! i made a new tests in this new driver 382.05, i hope u enjoy and be useful, as ever i created subs in english for u my friends, link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7nkn5C4Ty4

13. tyguy

tyguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Well, i'm on creators and it doesn't happen with the 378 drivers. So then they still haven't fixed this? What an unmitigated disaster.

14. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    "nvlddmkm black screen browser crash" also happened here using Firefox 54.0b5. Who knows maybe microsoft will patch it tomorrow.

15. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Thanks man, nice video as always.

16. littespy80

littespy80 Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX 1080 FE SLI
    Hi guys,
    after installing W10 Creators Update I have following issues:
    - randomly the cursor slows down in Windows and the screen turns black after some time
    - after some time when I play games, the fps drops to like 3-5 and the title stops responding, if I wont kill the game in Task Manager in time, black screen will occur as well

The temps are OK, PSU is more than enough - 1000W. The issue was not happening before creators update. I rolled back to like 3 different versions of previous nVidia drivers but the same issue occurs.

I have 2x GTX 1080 FE and Acer XB270HU G-Sync screen.

Im not a nube user, buidling PCs for myself and friends for over 20 years but with this one I have tried everything :(

I guess I need to wait until Mircosoft/nVIdia will patch it? Any ideas?

17. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    odd, im on 16184 170424-2211 and i have issues with very few games, less now that i disabled windows gaming dvr and gfe's overlay/dvr bs....that seemed to be part of what was causing drivers to remain at pre-boost clocks causing poor perf in several games.

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I must be lucky. Also have the Acer Predator XB1 but not this issue. Running through Display Port. Have you guys tried downloading the drivers from Acer for win 8.1? They work in win 10 by installing the old fashion way through device manager. Could be why it's working well for me. Or just a good mix of hardware. Usually you would think it would not matter about the monitor driver, but it added some color profiles for me also.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  19. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    :wanker::wanker:
    You can not be that naïve? Everyone has a choice and anyone with a moderate IQ does not have to have M$ or NVidia spying on them; sending your personal habits out to them to do as they see fit. That is for the facebook fans that want to spread their lives all over the world, however, it's not for all. Maybe you need to start with the basic windows firewall and understand that? Windows has packages that can be modded/removed. A bit of research and then come back and edit your ridiculous comment.

The first 382 did not play nice for me and I have not tried this one yet. 378.92 has been almost flawless on my old rig with stable OC's like drivers of old. It is the first driver in a long time that actually works, telemetry excluded of course :wanker:

Regards

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Easy way is SD AntiBeacon and pick and choose what to block. When it comes to Win 10 anyway.