300 Million people now use Windows 10 Daily

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 8, 2017.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    O rly? Microsoft does. On my 1511 installation, 1607 was being forcibly installed repeatedly even though it failed everytime and the delay upgrades policy was configured at its maximum setting.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It pops a reminder from time to time saying there is a Creators Update i "can" install, but it's not forcing the Update by itself.

3. Oxezz

Oxezz Member

GPU:
    R9 290 VaporX @1150
    Funny. After using W10 for a year and a half went back on W7 to me w10 seems like a bloatware with its own mind however this is just my opinion I know many people will put in good use the store apps and other user-friendly enchanced stuff that I dont care the only reason I upgrade back then was dx12 aaand it was somewhat nice yet limited.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not bad numbers but still low. With Windows 7 I had to restart my PC every so often to get my memory that I spent surfing the web. Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 I didn't have to do that because of how well the Memory is handled under Windows 10. Also with the Creator's update I am not updating with that until MS gives it to me via Windows update. Plus I use a 3rd party tool to disable alot of the crap that I do not need or want.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Can I just ask we don't make this a 10 vs 7 thread?

6. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Reading the title, my brain intercepted and re-wrote it as '300 Million people now forced to use Windows 10 Daily' ;)

7. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Well I'm using the best win10 version there is, the enterprise LTSB, no win store bloatware.

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Surprised it isn't more, Windows 10 pro has been great for me so far, had zero issues. Cortana was a pain but once that was gotten rid of it is a much better experience.

That being said i've been very lucky when it comes to using OS, i might be one of the few people to have used Vista and not have it screw me over in anyway (though i only had it for about a year till i upgraded to 7). Though i understand why people are sticking to 7, i feel like 10 was a nice jump specially when it comes to performance of the machine and extra features

9. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    You had to restart PC because windows would not release ~30gb of RAM?
    I wonder now how I was able to use web browser on 4gb and less...
    Your RAM just does not have ability to delete data unless power goes off...

10. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Win6 > Win9.

11. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    It's just a funny way of telling my opinion, of course it may not be accurate.
    8 and 8.1 is the same OS, just patched.
    Also by logic, if you had 7 and 8 versions then 9 would be next. Microsoft skipping it makes the argument more fun.

W10 could be good without all the tablet BS and telemetry behind our backs.
    Plus no forced updates, bugs actually getting fixed and if the ****ing GUI didn't change every windows version.

I tried for 6 months and hated it.
    Also didn't had any DX12 games.
    News flash: Vulcan works on W7 so, I'll hold on to that up to 2020.

Can't avoid that...

:banana:

Cool, no telemetry or metro?

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  12. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Windows 10 is the best OS from Microsoft to date which is often true when something new gets released, even though there was the unfortunate Windows Vista and not very user friendly 8. Windows 10 has a great user interface with various customisation options, it's quite light weight, runs always smoothly even with an older installation and updates frequently enough. I'm very happy with Windows 10 and it's actually the first Windows OS that I have legally bought just a month ago.

13. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Followed by:
    Windows 10 is the greatest/isn't so bad, you should upgrade! Darn luddites!

:nerd:

14. mmicrosysm2

mmicrosysm2 Guest

GPU:
    8 MB SDRAM
    Stats from my one website

[​IMG]

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You took all the fun out of it. :p

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Still sitting on my Windows 8.1 install, and really happy with it.

17. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    300million...including phones / tablet ?
    if google keep expanding their android to make the desktop OS, as we are seeing plugged phone (galaxy S8) as working as desktop pc
    maybe people will jumping to android lol

for changes between 7 and 10 people will either like it or hate it
    but i believe telemetry is what people hate most
    i been using win10 not because i like too, but back then ms keep nagging win7 for win10upgrade... even though there a way to block it, but i got few times it silently download win10 installation files
    so sick about nagging and install win10... OS wise with latest build is okay enough, stable enough even there is bug there and that, not much to complain as i get free upgrade anyway

18. No1True

No1True Guest

GPU:
    Every such biased headline should include that MS doesnt want you to buy win7 or win8. They allow you to choose to buy win10 only. So ofc win10 is getting more and more sheep users. Because there is no choice!

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Why would any company continue to sell or market and older product when they have a new product they want to market?

That's not being a sheep, that's support the product they sell.

20. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Does every Windows 10 thread have to be a Windows 10 vs. Windows 7 bi*** thread? Sheesh! I use Windows 7 Pro at work on a daily basis and W10 Pro at home on a daily basis. Windows 7 has had it's time and it's time to move on.

Back on topic and I still think those numbers are great for such a new OS. Yes, like anything there are things that could've been done better. But considering the millions of system configurations Windows 10 is the most stable so far. Apple couldn't push an iOS update to 5 types of phones without bricking them!