Nvidia GeForce 382.05 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, May 4, 2017.

1. Slackaveli

Slackaveli Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Gtx 1080Ti
    file

i have a saved notebook file with both monitors desktop color settings in them. otherwise it'd be a nightmare. takes about 2 minutes now, though. highly recommended. at least write them down somewhere :p

2. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    minus the part about "we may share your info with partners for advertising etc" and a lot of companies get paid for this. not all peaches n sunshine im afraid.

not to mention most of us are enthusiasts and useful or not, we want to save the resources or at least have control over it.

aka ms now thinks the majority of its users want bloatware that we can not only not remove, but not even hide or organize into folders.

shame as of creators update i actually began to see why some people stuck with 7.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This driver does gives me lower performance in all my games that i play :/ , tested on Forza horizon 3 , Need For Speed 2016 , DiRT Rally. I loose between ~10-20 fps on every single one of those games , it seems this drivers are a big step backwards in performance as well as many other bugs like HDR not working and sometimes i'm welcome to a black screen when i try to enter windows at bootup. I re installed whql 378.92 and everything is normal again and performance , HDR and everything else works also no more black screens ! It seems i'm stuck with 378.92 the last working drivers for me forever :infinity: ...

4. Dink

Dink Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 SC2 ICX 8GB
    I'm having a problem on Windows 7 same as xCamoLegend. On 382.05 and the last two drivers, I'm still having the right click on desktop context crash and the NVIDIA control panel becomes unavailable on Windows 7 64-bit. I have rolled back to 378.92 where it works. I submitted a display driver feedback at Nvidia.

Last edited: May 6, 2017

5. MetalStormCZ

MetalStormCZ Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
    Hi all,
    for few months I am very dissapointed with nvidia drivers. From 378 lower performance and now on 382.05 I have this bug: when I set resolution by nvidia and set RGB to full spectrum after reboot or next start of PC I have back restricted range. Whats going on green giant?:/

6. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
    You're not even reading the correct EULA.

See, here's the problem, its these ignorant people commenting on a driver telemetry that can't even report bugs correctly.

7. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    I think dilettantism is now the biggest problem of the world. Everyone know everything and has solutions to every problem without actually knowing anything or having any real solutions. And dilettantes will soon run it.

I bet no-one who complained about telemetry in this thread actually read the privacy policy and have any experience with software development.

8. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    YFW the stupid NVIDIA website is not returning this as the latest driver...

9. rockenren

rockenren Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    nope, played OW for a while, no issues here.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: May 6, 2017

11. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    il lbe teh firs tto admit i didnt read it thoroughly but where do you think i got the "share with partners" line from? Also includes a "mostly non personal info" tidbit or something along those lines.

Sorry "mostly" isnt good enough and sharing my info personal or otherwise meh.

white knight it up guys, glad i got you to do it for me. I remove it manually.

And to be honest, i was speaking about telemetry in general for the most part.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm getting stuttering in Witcher 3 with these. It's easiest to reproduce with the Hearts of Stone content areas like the von everec estate, the near by windmill, and the wedding when shani and geralt dance. 378.92, no issues at all. win 10 14393.

13. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    First of all, privacy policies, especially in american companies are completely irrelelevant. Either through incompetence (oh we got hacked), malice (Disgruntled employee/Three letter agency/etc) or just a change of privacy policy in the future (We changed our eula so now we can sell past-current-future data). Remember, you don't know what they are collecting or how they are doing it(Personlized identifier etc). You can also safely assume the data will be saved forever.

Secondly do you really think you have to be a software developer to be able to understand what's going on? You just have to be able to handle information correctly, that includes doing an inventory on your own knowledge about any given field. Richard Feynman once said (Paraphrasing): "Tell me what it is you do for 15 mins and I will be able to explain what it is you do". He said this to colleagues, sometimes working in quite advanced fields.

Now I don't really mind telemetry, as you point out it might have a good side to it. But when it's forced on you and you have no control over it, that's totally unacceptable. Or like Nvidia requiring you to log in to use their services, which is something you already paid for.. dearly I might add. Also all telemetry I know is totally opaque.

Now especially with the political climate in most parts of the world this is extremely dangerous. Especially in Europe right wing parties are coming up hugely. Imagine Hitler with access to the internet and all the data. You already live in a society where you can't do anything that's not tracked. What you are doing is excusing even more of this behaviour, and that's why I react strongly. Oh and I'm not saying we have another Hitler right around the corner. But I ask you expand your horizon, 10-20-30 years into the future. It's a possibility.

Your problem is you trust these people. Nvidia for example have shown time and again that you cannot trust them. Just the fact that you are required to login, online (showing your ip) to use shadowplay should make you question them. These are not the actions of a company that are concerned with taking care of their customers. And I haven't even mentioned showing fake graphics card at shows or a bunch of other customer hostile decisions.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It looks like Gears of War 4 no longer works on my PC since upgrading to a GTX 1080 Ti. I was aware of issues with this game but it updated with a 10 GB patch the other day (to add multi-GPU support, etc) and I have these new drivers installed which supposedly fix the issue.

At first the game was loading to a black screen after the initial Gears of War 4 logo and then eventually exiting to the desktop with this error in the Event log:

Package Microsoft.SpartaUWP_9.9.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe+GearGameShippingPublic was terminated because it took too long to suspend.

I read that the RTSS overlay might cause issues so I temporarily disabled it globally then reset the application's data from Apps & Features. The game then booted beyond the logo screen into the menu where I saw it attempting to resync the game data with my profile. Shortly after the game again exited to the desktop with this error:

Faulting application name: GearGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58fd8b2b
    Faulting module name: GearGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58fd8b2b
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000022c0e58
    Faulting process ID: 0x5a4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c70604b40cd3
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_9.9.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame\Binaries\UWP64\GearGame.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_9.9.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame\Binaries\UWP64\GearGame.exe
    Report ID: a9bbfe51-aa9a-47c5-a291-c034989cfb62
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SpartaUWP_9.9.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: GearGameShippingPublic

So it this game supposed to be fixed for the GTX 1080 Ti or not? :3eyes:

*EDIT*
    Ignore this post. The game DOES work; the crash during the profile sync must have been a one-off as the benchmark is running in the background now as I type. :D

P.S. How do I add an exception for this game to RTSS when the game executable itself is hidden? Thanks.

15. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    1. I don´t know how it works in the USA, but in the EU, companies can´t change policies without your consent, data must be properly secured and companies must be straightforward about what they are collecting and with whom they are sharing it. These rules apply also to data of european citizens transported outside of the EU. Violation of these rules results in a staggering fine (up to 4% of global turnover).

2. Well, clearly yes. How many people argued that telemetry is useless and we just need more bugreports by the users? They obviously have no idea what data is collected and how is it used.

3. and I said this three times already: YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF TELEMETRY IN THE NVCP. You have full control.

4. And why are right wing parties bad exactly? You probably mean far-right.
    So let´s dissolve our intelligence agencies, our armies, our nuclear weapons, our police forces etc.. and take any real power from the governments so that any potential far-right overlords can´t use it against us? Thats your idea? Little "shortsighted", isn´t it?

5. Oh yea, I forgot. We all bought high-end Nvidia GPUs but we are not trusting them!!!!!! :bang:

If you don´t trust Nvidia and don´t want to sign up into the GFE, use NVENC SDK to create your own recording program. It's as easy as that!

16. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
    Can you confirm that turning RTSS back on reintroduces the spinning gear crash at startup?

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've created a profile for GameGear.exe in RTSS and with it enabled the game still loads fine (I am using Afterburner v4.4.0 beta 7 and RTSS v7.0.0 beta 7). Played about 30 minutes of the game and ran the benchmark several times on different settings with no issues. :D

I can actually enable the two Insane settings now on my GTX 1080 Ti and the framerate is 60 fps. OK, so the difference between Insane and Ultra on those two graphics settings is hard to see but it nice that I can now 100% max out the game and still have 60 fps. :)

P.S. I should add that even though RTSS is enabled for Gears of War 4 that the overlay, which is supposed to be supported in UWP games with Afterburner v4.4.0, is not working for me (although it works fine in other Direct3D/OpenGL/Vulkan games). It's not an issue really as Gears 4 has its own overlay toggle in the game settings anyway.

18. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Ignore

19. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Worst drivers in long time, ME Andromeda stutters like hell if there are explosions all over the place. The GPU usage went down, before it was 100% all the time.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I must be lucky as I don't have that issue... the game runs great at maxed out 2560x1440 settings on my GTX 1080 Ti at 60 fps; a noticeable improvement over my previous GTX 1080 which tended to dip down to the low 50s fps. I've played it for 12 hours this week and had no performance issues at all.

The only oddity I noticed is the temperatures. My GTX 1080 Ti is an EVGA SC2 Gaming card with dual fans which generally keeps the temperatures below 75 C in every other game I've played (many below 70 C even at 4K or with SSAA!). However, Mass Effect: Andromeda exhibits some of the most varied temperatures I've ever seen in a game, for example, yesterday I played the desert world (the fifth one with the sink holes all over the place) and temperatures were around 56-65 C (yes, that low despite maxed out settings!) but as soon as I go to a scripted cutscene then the temperature goes as high as 78 C (though, thankfully no higher). I'm really not sure why that is as the game is capped at 60 fps on a 60 Hz 2560x1440 display using v-sync. This is the hottest I've seen the card run outside of benchmarks, which are obviously running uncapped. :3eyes:

P.S. I am using the default fan profile which only turns the fans on above, I think, 60 C.