Outlast 2 Announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 24, 2014.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    played 1 hr of it, didn't like what it offers and i asked for a refund

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/414700/announcements/detail/1301948399261161448

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Ah yes, the Youtuber income. My mistake xD

4. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Can't stand Angry Joe myself, such a "gimmick". :wanker:

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.
    It's all about performing and not about informing on the game.
    Sorry, to me, a review should be about the game... and not about getting attention for yourself.

It's why I like ACG.

6. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Yea when I watched angry Joe's review and it kinda made me not want the game until I watched Markiplier play the game and I'm thinking of getting this game after watching his game play. Angry Joe is a bit of a crappy player imo that got lucky to get the job he has doing reviews and is only a good entertainer but sucks when it comes to game play and makes quick judgements with out bettering himself.

7. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Lost my save game after that last patch......start again.......

8. vanhelsing

vanhelsing Guest

GPU:
    GTX 107
    just watching a streamer playing this live on youtube is still freaking me out.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    The school parts are good but holy hell the rest of it is the most annoying trial and error BS.

Really, really kills the pacing and scary tone.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/414700/announcements/detail/1658887841064203759

New difficulty level for story and less focus on stealth and I guess more sausage too with the restoral of the assets they had to tweak to get down to M rating. :p

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    If the "story" mode gives you the same basic experience and elements, except it allows you to just explore more with just less repetitive run and hide moments then it sounds like a better experience overall to me. The way they word it it sounds like it would be the ideal mode, but I can't help but feel like it may just be a super easy mode meant mostly for exploration which is not what I would want. I want the challenge and everything, but also to be able to have a breather in-between to enjoy the scenery and story.

I have yet to play this game, so I'm just really curious which mode to play.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I loved the first Outlast, but Outlast 2 took the "run and hide" bit a little too far. Far too much of the game, you're in what seems like a never ending game of run, hide... peak out... walk a few steps... RUN, hide... repeat.

I may return to the game and try it on the Story Mode just to see how it compares.
    Because while I really liked the atmosphere and what they were setting up, times in the game worked into tedium instead of tension because of how poorly enemies were handled, and how magical their eyesight was.

13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    That really sounds like what I am trying to avoid. I like those chase moments but I don't want it all game or overdone. A good example is Alien Isolation and how they constantly mixed it up. Soma as well, although not as good of a game.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'll try out the story mode and post my impressions. See how well it rebalances things.

Kolt likes this.
  15. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Enjoyed this on PS VR maybe time to give it a go on occulus