Nvidia GeForce 382.05 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, May 4, 2017.

1. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    I'm on 378.92 anniversary update. Should I just clean install these or use ddu then install? I'll be looking to play prey.

2. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    finally no more random the context menu gone on desktop

3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Driver runs fine on my rig. Win. 7 64

4. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    The Creators Update broken desktop HDR is still in full effect and Nvidia has officially claimed it's MS's issue in their forums...sigh...

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    The telemetry had probably been better received if Nvidia had been open with it from the get-go instead of it being discovered by the community.

When a company tries to sneak something in, people will simply think that it's suspicious.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    As detailed my thread here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=414355 I have experienced TWO black screens on booting my PC since installing my EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 card last Tuesday, 28th April. This issue first occurred yesterday with the v381.89 WHQL driver and again after installing the latest v382.05 WHQL driver and shutting down the PC until this morning when it occurred again. However, I turned my PC on this afternoon and it booted normally.

I have never experienced the issue prior to that even though I've been using the Windows 10 Creators Update for at least six weeks now (mostly with my previous EVGA GTX 1080 FTW card).

I've been told this is a well-known issue with Pascal cards and Windows 10 Creators Update though the driver notes mention on page 15 that one of the fixes is for the black screen:

System may hang at a black screen upon cold boot up. [1913854]

Clearly I am either unlucky or this issue is not fixed completely for everyone...

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just installed them, normal no-clean install and it kept DSR, last time by 381.69 to .78 to .89 it always glitched DSR and I had to reinstall the driver

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The telemetry isnt installed if you manual extract archive, manually run the setup and dont install GFE along with other things that dont get installed if done this way.

9. NotReallySure

NotReallySure Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 ti
    OK, long time reader, first time poster. 3DGuru is a great resource and community so am hoping someone might have an answer for an issue am having with the last two drivers. The resized or custom resolutions no longer appear in games.

10. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    All this talk of disabling nVidia telemetry and how else are they supposed to get detailed information of what went wrong and how to fix it? Isn't it a good thing they added this so they can get more information as hardly anyone ever reports their issues to them? Mostly it is just people complaining on forums and the information they need never actually gets to them. I used to disable the telemetry but now I know it is crucial to them fixing problems so I keep it on.

11. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Eh, in regards to telemetry the "good guy" thing to do is definitely to ask the user's preference, either with an install time option like the others or a prompt at some point. Other software does exactly that with the whole "contribute anonymous data to help us" business.

Hiding it was always going to annoy some people who either don't want it or simply want to know what their computer is doing and what software gets installed.

12. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Good god, you expect to know what is happening inside your computer WITHOUT READING ALL THE PRIVACY POLICIES?!

:stewpid:

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    they are there for reason and 99% people dont read them along with EULA, which where all this telemetry and or rules are..

It not there fault people dont read those.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Overwrite /reinstall the driver then it - DSR should work again

15. NotReallySure

NotReallySure Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 ti
    Thanks TJ, it worked after the double installation

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    The DX11 version is not SLI friendly. The app needs an update to support multi-GPU scaling properly.

17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    More details?

18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Well, I know that I had to reboot after setting my DSR resolutions in NVCP. Before I rebooted, they wouldn't show up. This isn't a big deal but it wasn't necessary for me in previous drivers.

19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    With Watch Dogs 2 specifically I've had to launch the game, quit, then reboot for it to see the dsr resolution.Skyrim SE just needed the first reboot after installing the driver.

No issues with 378 drivers on Creators Update.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  20. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    I extract the driver and delete everything apart from the files, driver folder, NVI2 and physics.
    Will that really stop telemetry collection service?