Depression, can't sleep.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by signex, Mar 6, 2017.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Well i'm a bit too happy sometimes that it annoys my parents haha, it's like having ADD.

I discovered last night, when i breath through my nose my heart rate goes very low, in the 40's and when i breath through my mouth it goes back up to the 60's.
    Have a feeling that i don't get enough oxygen or my heart doesn't during walks with my mouth closed that that makes my heart race and give me a cold feeling?
    I'm no expert but it's just a thought and in some way it makes sense to me.

I always used to breath through my mouth and never had issues my whole life. But i recently started breathing through my nose, cause i heard it's healthier, and now i do it automatically.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Checheck

Checheck Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Hello, I just discovered this thread few minutes ago, I've checked only your answers, more later I will try to check every single answer of all the users, I did a "rush" so sorry. First of all I'm just a random guy that is not medic or something.

Sorry for my English, in this phrase nuts mean fast? Some people when they change their posture this happen. If you are in the bed and put your back in the wall, it gets fixed? Like sit down instead lay down.

Your weight can be "fixed", we all know that, the problem here is with the anxiety, that may cause issues in your diet or in the plans you have for loss weight, consistency is very important and during anxiety and bad days the determination will be really, really a factor point that can interact with all that stuff (diet, plans).
    Walk with the dog, 10/10, that is fantastic. Keep that as much as you can, it helps a lot.
    Quit energy drinks is fantastic as well, if you need "energy" for any drink, only use coffee or tea, the others are poison (redbull, etc).

Eating less is really subjetive, probably for every user in the forum eating less is not the same, I mean, is not cut all what you eat by half, do slow steps with that. Also when you reduce the quantity of eat, you need time to your body, and then reduce again, is not reduce every day.
    About the walks, that is perfect, doesn't matter if is a short walk, mid or long, it helps, in too many ways.

Remove this will help you, it's not easy, I know. But when we say to keep us healthy in what we eat or drink, it's also because it has a impact in our healthy, our sympthons, mood, etc.
    Take your time, you will notice for good the change.

This, it helps, doesn't matter the distance too much, matters you're doing it, of course you want to do long distance, improve it every day, but sometimes we "stuck" in our progression or even go down a bit, and more later in time, we jump, we advance. Walk helps you neurologically and phisically, also, if you during your walks use differents way everytime, you're discovering "new areas", you're receiving information consciously and unconsciously and... it helps, dunno how to explain exactly, but is new stuff for our brain.

About the walk, just imagine let's say a guy of 1,75m 61kg with incredible shape, that do marathons, etc, now imagine the same guy 1,75m and 132kg with really bad shape that almost don't move. They both do let's say 500m of walk, and weeks later, 2km. For the first guy that was nothing, but for the second guy that was a heavy cardio exercise, that is equal to the shape guy doing a lot of kms. Distance is really relative depending of the persons and their conditions. Trust me, you are doing a lot with those walks.

Have you cardiophobia?

Exercise is not only about look, there is a lot of them, for differents objetives, different people, etc. You can find what is better for you for sure. You can lift weights (hipertrofy, strenght, "endurance"), you can do cardio, and a lot more stuff, is not only look good, in fact, you can do many of them without have a significant change in your look but yes inside you (for good).

Maybe you can drink caffeine from coffee, but I think it's a really good idea to avoid energy drinks, not only you, all the people. If you need energy, pure coffee, a thousand better in terms of health. Those energy drinks are pure poison, and of course, that doesn't mean if you drink it for years anything will happen to you, we eat and drink a lot of bad stuff and it doesn't mean anything bad is going to happen to us immediately.

Social activity is a really good thing, and in some situations it is medicine, well, better than medicine. It does too much for good, even if we think that is better to be alone.

What people think about melatonine? Haven't test, so...

You can do a lot of variants in terms of exercise, check with your doctors if LISS (low intensity steady state) is good for you, also walk itself helps.

About go back home after walk, trying to walk and do other step for improve and... then you can't. I know the feeling... I'm really sorry, it's really frustrating. It happens, sadly it happens, but too sometimes you can do it without problems, hope this will increases for good with the time.

I don't know if I have write too much, if I did bad, or what... just discovered the thread, my English is not the best, and maybe the things I said are wrong as well, is that is the case just ignore it, or a mod hide the message.

My best wishes to you, a big hug, now your fight is our fight. We are with you.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Since 2 weeks my legs and penis, anus areas are in pain. visited any kind of doctors about them. even MR scan or how u call it. MRI?

Finally it is named as Fibromyalgia

over stress and depression related some kind of sht illness .Doctor gave me pills that i take for 6 years. Cymbalta. i told him i was taking these since years and explained why. he said : see your past even says you are over stressed and depressed.

No cure for it. just pills to suppress it and i need more joyful LIFE.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I was on a different forum discussing depression and some old guy came in screaming about "this generation" and how depression is made up and how in his day, "these things didn't exist".

I responded...you're right, depression was hardly mentioned back then. People just assumed it was normal for men to beat the tar out of their children and wives, never spend any time at home and drink like fish. Coping mechanisms for the win.

I really think you're having anxiety attacks, personally. Have you mentioned them to the Doctor or have you tried xanax? Xanax doesn't do anything for me, but it's helped many.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    The citalopram works really really well, now that it works i feel full of joy again.
    And sometimes i read my heart rate to calm me down from time to time when i feel like it's going fast.

This morning when i woke up i felt it again but it was only going 110bpm wich is totally harmless and it went down right away into the 70's.

Not sure if i can recommend you citalopram, it really depends on the person, for me it went fine with minimal side effects but they can be horrifying.

My mom takes venlafaxine retard, 37.5mg and it works really well for her too after a week, first couple days it was a nightmare she said, burning feeling and a racing heart. She had to take 4 times a day oxazepam to suppress it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Exercise is the best medicine for depression/anxiety and not sleeping. Anxiety is a bully and you have to challenge it mentally. People think there gonna have a heart attack when infact there not. Its fight or flight and you have to fight, once you go through the process mentally anxiety very rarely rears its ugly head. Its all in the mind and understanding that your not going to die, your just worried and your heart is racing, breath and think positive. Everytime you do this its gets less and less frequent to a point were its nothing.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  7. KevRichards

KevRichards Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 / 8GB
    You must be making goals and want to change your life but you must not be taking actions for them and expecting results to come out themselves. You are phobic about your heart beat.

Anti-depressants med. if you search thoroughly has side effects of depression (wtf!?) it's called relapse and it comes back even stronger. Stop taking them.

Go out daily and have a walk around and see people struggling in their life, you should do too. Make goals stick to them and keep working on them.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I can't just quit these meds I need to keep taking them for 7 to 9 months and then I have to try and quit.
    I'm already taking less oxazepam with ease I still fall asleep within minutes without it.

My depression is completely gone now.
    My heart never thumps anymore through my chest even when I stress my body. Like taking the stairs would alwaysay make my heart goes crazy fast and thump through my chest.

All and all its going great now! I feel like a new person, very energetic and happy.
    It's like I got ADD from the citalopram lol.

9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I am very glad for you.

Do your best to keep healthy life style. Taking stairs should get easier as you keep walking and doing regular movement.

Try to walk 1 hour everyday. Once you achieved it, try walking 30 min in morning, 30 min afternoon and 30 min evening. It would be best if you make it a habit.

And once you feel comfortable walking, consider jogging / slow running. It will drastically improve your stamina and make your body steady.

It gets only gets easier and easier.

10. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Bro...take an ecstasy pill and you will be good...trust me...im going to be a dad of my twins in a few months and i have been socially inactive on this site for about 3-4 months...

11. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    be good be happy and make others happy if you want to be happy...

12. Checheck

Checheck Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    As I said before, I'm not a doctor or anything related to, so take my opinion like a random guy.

That's true, also the depression and all the effects you were having when started taking them can be increased easily to bad in med-long term, long with 100% ratio, with new sympthons appearing.

You can. Be careful with that loop of "Alright, we have to be few months with the meds for stabilization, and then we will remove them from your body/brain" and "Let's try with these differents meds, I really think this is what you need for finally recover yourself as before" and when you wake up you have been in years with.

If you need help of someone that has been fighting against those poisons, you can stop read me and go here (free, this is not spam or anything similar): benzo . org . uk/manual/bzsched . htm#s10

In the main place of the website you can change the language or explore others areas: http :// www . benzo . org . uk/index . htm

Yes! :banana:

Impressive improvement, really impressive. You don't imagine how ****ing happy I'm for you.

Good advice! Also your brain neurologically, walks only have good benefits.

We are with you! :)

PD: my post will be posted later, need to be verified by a mod due to links, sucks but it's understandable since I'm a new user. If the mod can link them properly I will be very grateful.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  13. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Turbo Dual fan
    I could give you the "right" advice but it might klill you :p My family has a spate of heart attack history. So I guess I can tell you this. medicine doesn't cure it. Exercise encourages more spasms. You need to literally unplug and try and live your life with less "stress". The fastest way to your grave is through your stomach. :D Free advice.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    How is he supposed to have a healthy stomach if you're telling him exercise will bring on more spasms?

And how can you think anyone will take you seriously after the moronic rant you went on 3 days ago? :3eyes:

15. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Turbo Dual fan
    you cant prove what you just accused me of. but im trying to save a life. not end a rant :p

all i meant to say. was. if you dont know what is wrong with you. and your doctor cant help you. maybe you are scared to help yourself :) maybe you need to hear the hard word before you "realized" it was not a "big" deal. and that life goes on after you can try to do something before its too late.

like my heart has a murmer. okay. i can live with it. but it may be different for you. for your "own" reasons". i actually know how its afffected by this. and i can say. that even though we are seperated bodies im pretty sure our dna still was made in the book of life. no matter what TVs have ever RANTED :p

otherwise you could trying pulling it and see if it opens :L (call of duty) punn not intended. :D

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    All this guy needs is less attention, more exorcise and a stable diet. That is literally it. OP, have you started push ups at least in your room? Made any effort at all?

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    He hasn't posted in a while. Maybe he's dead.

18. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Way to be hopeful.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Eugenics I suppose. Lol.