Bethesda Announces System Requirements For Prey

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Bethesda released information on system requirements for Prey, the game will need an Intel i5-2400 or AMD FX-8320 for processor and your graphics card needs to be at least a GeForce GTX 660 or Radeon...

Bethesda Announces System Requirements For Prey

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Why do devs still bother with that? What GPU out there would register even 1FPS of difference between OFF and 16x? I remember it making a difference on my Radeon 7500 back in 2001...

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Is the 290 and 970 really capable running the latest version of Cryengine maxed out?

If we look back at last few Cryengine titles and answer is no.

4. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Recommended setup does not mean maxed out settings.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This actually made me excited...

[​IMG]

But.. then read the comments on youtube and no demo for us pc plebeians.. sigh..

6. Zhyr

Zhyr Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 SLI
    I like the part about "Radeon GTX 660"

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Somehow that made me so mad that im thinking to skip it.

Never do that again Bethesda.

8. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    You have no ideia how wrong you are.
    AF nowadays can affect a lot the performance, because many times by now in some games, Tesslation or Parallax Occlusion Mapping is tied to the anisotropic filtering.
    So the more the anisotropic, the more the tesslation or POM at certain distance.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider is one of the games where it's very noticable the performance penalty while using tesslation and messing around with AF.

Plus, you also have the laptop gamers, with their low end cards (which I have one) where AF takes a huge impact on the performance due to the lack of bandwidth in this cards (DDR 3 + 64 bits). so this setting needs to exist.

Apart from this situations, it's true what you say, the AF have like a small impact on the performance.
    Cheers.

9. Genova84

Genova84 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 1080ti
    I wish more devs would show exactly what recommended can run. And then also show what setup is required for 1440p and 4k.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I think at 1080p it would be okay. Now there isn't going to be much post processing done at all without some drops.

Glad to see them pushing DX12 though.

11. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Looks like another console port to PC--I'll pass. You know something's wrong when a developer lists standard in-game options for most of the last five or more *years* as "advanced PC options"....*gag*...;)

12. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    lol, where is VEGA and stuff? yeah-yeah, I get it.

13. zakblue

zakblue Guest

Had a quick go on the ps4 demo (I barely use my ps4 apart from blurays tbh) and guys, could barely play it for 10 mins. GFX wise the game looks like it was made 8 years ago. Super linear with very sub par gameplay. Doubt the PC version will improve much on this. Shame really because I loved the absolutely the original Prey game.

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    It´s sad when that happens, almost all the times nowadays..., but i´m more interested in the gameplay. The game seems to be different and that is intriguing me...

Hope is great because i need great games to justify the money i´ve burned on my new gaming rig...

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    They're all x86 based, how is this a bad port then? lmao

16. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    It does not give him the PC Master Race brags.

Some PC peeps are annoying. Game must run 144FPS on ULTRA and look better then Crysis on ultra @ 4k and play that way on my GTX 1070 or game is a crappy console port.

Ill be the first to admit I love great graphics, but it is not what makes a game either.

Prey 1 had really nice graphics, but the atmosphere and story are what made it a bad ass game.

I still play it to this day.

17. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Shouldn't this be called Prey 2. The original was vastly different other than the aliens part.

18. rockupuncture

rockupuncture Member

GPU:
    2060 Super
    Hang on!

If the power and tech is there, why not use it? My old GTX 960 had more power than the X1 or the PS4... Yet it takes a 980 to get 50fps on certain games! PC has had 4K tech since the 980TI and if all games werent console ported trash designed on what a console can or its limitations why should people like me buy their crap then? You game on PC to get away from limitations. Yet you jump down the throat of someone who doesn't want a game based on money grabbing companies who can't be botherd to make Pc games that are optimised for a PC... We know they don't do this because it costs more! And they won't have that! I don't get people like you?

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    So thats why the game looks like garbage if see them recommended sysem specs what a freaking joke lol.

20. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    2017 sucks for games, if it wasn't for OW, wouldn't have this 1080 Ti.