Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I never knew that and will try it out by not issuing commands unless necessary.

That and/or a load from checkpoint feature because there have been times when I climbed into a spot that would get me stuck then killed...

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti

Thanks good reminder I hadn't checked her ports were forwarded!

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Is it just me or is this game way too demanding for how it looks? I wouldn't say it's an ugly game, not by far but the benchmark on highest settings at 1440p gives me a measly 65 something FPS.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I think some of the Ultra settings just aren't optimized well.

I'll look what my settings are exactly when I get home, but I basically kicked the entire game down to Very High, turned Long Range Shadows/Godrays/Nvidia Grassworks or w/e it's called back on. I think I also put draw distance or LoD on Ultra (I forget which I'll update later) and the game looks 99.99% identical to all Ultra, but I get like ~90fps instead of ~60fps.

There have been a few titles like that lately, the highest possible settings improves the graphics by like 1% for a ~30% performance hit. Just isn't worth it.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You are right and Deus Ex : MD is an excellent example of that.

I also tuned down a couple of things and I think I managed to get 80 something FPS and it still looks good, perhaps I can do more modifications. A thing like Shadow Quality from Ultra to High bumped up the average FPS by 4.

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    This would be great. Having just got my 1080 and this game, trying to run it on ultra preset even at 1080p is not going well, but I don't know what to try and turn down first. All I want is a locked 60 with the highest settings I can use, mainly stuff like LoD pushed out as far as possible first. I despise pop in and obvious texture switching kind of stuff.

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Easy, Set everything to Ultra and then set Shadows to Very High.

Done, locked 60fps

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Thanks. Will try this out later tonight.

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I'm sorry to sound like a noob but what's the big deal of 1080P resolution? Bear in mind I'm someone who has vision problems with color and a eye for detail like most people have.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Please explain what you mean? Is it the resolution in particular that you are wondering about or something else?

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Yeah it's about the 1080P resolutions in particular. Like how how of a visual difference is there compared to like 1600*900

12. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    In my case, 1920x1080 is the native resolution of my TV. Any resolution below that ends up being super blurry and distorted, so I always try to keep 1080p as the lowest option when playing games. It just so happens that Wildlands is not so greatly optimized, to the point that not even a 1080 can run it maxed at 1080.

TL:DR - You generally don't want to go beneath your native resolution for various reasons.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I just got this game with my 1080 Ti, didn't get to actually play it, just fool around with the benchmark but something really annoys me - MSI AB OSD overlay is not showing up, I even added it in Rivatuner and still nothing.

AB version is 4.4.0 Beta 6 and latest nvidia 381.78 hotfix driver.

14. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    EasyAntiCheat has to whitelist RTSS, the most current whitelisted version is 6.5.1. More information can be found here.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Ah that explains it. Thanks! Guess I'll have to wait till the latest AB version gets green lit. :O

16. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync

6.6.0 works fine actually

17. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Not surprised considering the fact it was submitted to EAC to be whitelisted. EAC needs to update their site.

RTSS 7.0.0 is still in active development and won't most likely be whitelisted until it goes public.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  18. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    I am actually quite enjoying this Game. I didn't buy it on Day1 but later on. Didnt regret it as much as I did with the Division.

The Concept behind the Division is amazing but always running back and forth in a City is just not really my Thing. Wildlands does have a very almost identical Flair to The Division but I can drive and fly to get to my Destinations...yes it's heaps bigger but it's also more fun.

I had more fun playing wildlands in coop then I did with the Division. Plus it Looks and runs just absolutely fantastic on my 4K Monitor.

It's a bit repetitive thats for sure, but in Coop and a few beers I don't really give a damn.

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I love how Wildlands can be played all the way through coop, wife and I are playing it and have great fun, around 70 hours now, would have been great if The Division could be played like that, rather than solo from the start (which I loved) and then bunch of MP crap shoe horned in that you can't make the most of without playing with or against other humans (which I hate).

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah I personally love the game despite its flaws. It's fun as hell to play with friends. We put it on the hardest difficulty and we play without using the rebel stuff, makes it more difficult. We also don't use fast traveling much - forces you to explore a bit more. The graphics in the game are incredible in some areas - especially the river delta on the east side of the map (I forget the name of the area) - taking a boat through the shallow grassy water as the sun/godrays kick through the trees looks absolutely amazing. I've been meaning to go in by myself and take some Ansel shots.

The vehicle controls definitely need work. The story is pretty terrible. It also probably needs some optimization work at Ultra settings. But even with all that the game is probably the most fun I've had playing a single/coop game in quite some time.