EVGA teases GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N Edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It has been a couple of weeks since custom GeForce GTX 1080 Ti boards hit the market. We tested quite a few already, but there are still boards pending. Recently for example you saw snapshots of the Â...

EVGA teases GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N Edition

2. BD2015

BD2015 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080 Ti x2
    Can I ask for the source here? I've watched yesterday's EVGA podcast, but all they did was just a mention that kingpin has a new record on Time Spy, nothing about preparing new edition. When I tried googling for that - it just got me back to this article.

3. Aritra Das

Aritra Das Guest

GPU:
    HD7770 with VGpu and Vocp
    Kingpin mentions in his facebook account "The fourth one is coming". The 1080 ti would be 4th installment after the 780 ti, 980 and 980 Ti kingpin cards

4. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    If he did this on air I would be wow awesome stuff, take my money, but on LN2 just another gimmick to sell the same thing with an higher price.

5. AKDragonPC

AKDragonPC Member

GPU:
    1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid
    Agreed, I have absolutely no interest in LN2 performance. But on air highly unlikely. With an AIO water-cooled solution that would be impressive.

6. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Check the clock >2500mhz, that run was with nitro there is a validation on HWBOT http://hwbot.org/submission/3529272_.

IMO this card need to be offered with a AIO or/and a waterblock.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    This card is not intended for water. It's place is phase shift or LN2.

8. walktexranga

walktexranga Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 SUPRIM X
    I thought Pascal was too locked down for a Kingpin to be worth it..

9. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Are these "chips" and this particular card in general worth these added power phases?? Is there going to be any added benefit to the power delivery/effectiveness toward an overclock on something other than LN2 and or something extreme??

Really though is there a reason or these kinds of cards for the average joe 24/7 overclocker?

I mean if someone can explain that I can throw damn near as much power at these things as I want and the performance will benefit from it all then I might entertain a purchase. If it is just all smoke and mirrors and one needs to "ZOMBIE" their cards in order to attain any kinds of monster OC then I will definitely pass on these.

10. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    For the avg joe that search a good thermals and overclocking for gaming. This card don't have any sense, this card is for people that like extreme overclocking.
    This card have everything for start with extreme 3D benching, you slap the pot/waterblock and you are ready to bench. Lots of overclocker don't have great knowledge of electronics, this card solve that because have a strong VRM and no power limiters from factory

Instead of selling it with a air cooler. A AIO or a Waterblock can extract much more juice of this card
    Especially with a Waterblock, because you have the possibility of using a waterchiller that is half way to extreme cooling :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017