FreeSync broken since Crimson ReLive

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Australis, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Angeland

Angeland Guest

GPU:
    Fury Nitro OC
  2. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Well i wasn't sure if my Freesync was broken, but having followed the tip about setting scaling at 100% just before I turned the pc off this morning, I swear desktop icons and text in general looks crisper!

Give that forum member a cookie!:invasion:

3. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    This looks like a favorable discovery. I would follow suit.

Nevertheless, I must testify my ReLive FreeSync failures only occurred in Resident Evil Revelations 2, Resident Evil 5 & Resident Evil 6. Could Crapcom's game engine be guilty, if any?

Eventually, I started playing Dead Space 3 & Alien Isolation. FreeSync simply worked there.

EDIT: Cough! Isn't 100% scaling the default? I never messed with that value. So this "fix" has nothing to do with me.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  4. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Complete FreeSync failure after Windows 10 Creators Update. #Alien Isolation

RSCRE 17.4.2.

Edit:

I found out Windows 10 Creators Update rolled me back to Crimson 16.6 without my knowledge! Outrageous.

The ReLive tab is still present though. Weird.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Do a clean installation with DDU. The Creators update also made RadeonPro not to work in fullscreen any more with a lot of games.

6. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Absolutely. Now I'm back in business.:)

Spoiled by FreeSync, I can now proclaim myself able to find the traces of screen tearing at static 144 Hz.:infinity:

7. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Hasn't RadeonPro sunk a long time ago since its engineer abandoned the project in 2013?

SMAA 1x Ultra and Dynamic V-sync were my favorite RP features.

8. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    If AMD is not going to fix this problem by June, going to talk to a Lawyer myself, friend did that today & Lawyer said it's in our right as consumers if a product is not working like it should, in our case only some games run Freesync but before 16.11.5 all games was running Freesync then we got a lawsuit incoming.

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Have you tried filing a bug report first?

10. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    The guy who you're speaking to runs a nVidia GPU. He was just giving advice.

I filed a bug report to AMD but only received an automated email from them afterward. The AMD Gaming Facebook administrator turned a blind eye to anything I wrote.

AMD customer care sucks. I'm just grateful FreeSync's working, for now.

If I had deeper pockets, I'd be better off with nVidia. Sadly I did not.

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Freesync still working After creators update, 17.3 drivers, and 100% scaling force when using 3840x1600@70hz and Freesync still works. Its a lot easier to tell if it works in game when downsanpling and your fps below and Hz.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It still works for pretty much everything actually.

13. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Update 1: Go to the Game exe & press right mouse then go to Compatibility then Disable Full Screen Optimizations & click ok.

So far Shadow of Mordor is now working again with Freesync by doing that.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  14. Alpha Cheese

Alpha Cheese Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 Black Edition
    Is there an equivalent for that in Windows 7? There's only:

Disable visual themes
    Disable desktop composition
    Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

The third one is ticked by default.

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Nobody gives warranties for software, and no software is ever covered by warranty. You'll be losing your time and money.
    http://repository.jmls.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1238&context=jitpl

16. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Think about this, you buy a new Nvidia GPU that cost a lot, the game start to crash & BSOD a lot. NVidia say a firmware update is coming in a upcoming drivers later on. NVidia push out drivers for 5 months & no firmware update in the drivers to fix the GPU problem.

NVidia know the issues but not doing anything about it. that the same thing with AMD Freesync. AMD know about the problem, they not doing nothing to fix it. people buying those Freesync monitors & it's not working in the new drivers.

I test some games in 17.4.3 & Freesync only working in some games not all like 16.11.5 Hotfix. so something is wrong when 16.11.5 driver work in all but not in 17.x.x builds.

17. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    You can't actually split the gpu hardware from the drivers. Without the drivers the gpu will not work as advertised (it say dx12 support but without drivers there will be no dx12 for example).

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    We're getting into actual lawyer territory here, where none of us has the depth to go, I believe.

Still, you would have to prove that they know your specific issue, and then prove that they didn't do anything to rectify it. Your case TheDukeSD is different, since it would fall under false advertisement for a whole product line. The Freesync issue is an acknowledged bug that they seem to be working on.

If anyone has any law experience, it would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    FreeSync is both a hardware and software feature of the drivers and of the monitor, so yes it is covered by consumer protection. You would have to complain to the hardware manufacturer who would kick it back to AMD. When the manufacturer complains, then AMD would take it seriously.

20. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Thank You someone get it, Free sync is both hardware & software. if software don't work then it's a problem. I did a chat with a LG Agent about Free sync problem. LG Agent said the monitors from all company's are working like they should & the problem rest with AMD & there drivers for not letting Free sync run on the latest drivers.

LG Agent said this is a problem AMD need to fix fast because it's causing problem for LG & other company's due of people are not happy with there products. other company's like ASUS, LG, Dell, Samsung can take action & sue AMD if costumers sue company's like LG, ASUS, Dell, Samsung & so on.