Just Cause 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 15, 2014.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It doesn't require an always online connection to play, it just auto connects to the servers to display leaderboard stuff in game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=579211937

I think you're confusing the auto connect that people were complaining about with always online DRM. This game, if it loses the connection (it did a lot at launch), will automatically retry to connect every time you open a menu, making it really slow to just check your map. It also increases the startup times of the game.

Best to just block it with windows firewall.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Agreed and very annoying. Also threads seem to "dissapear" after some time but they're still in the database and can be found if searched for through Google (I think).

Regarding the issue at hand, isnt JC3 one of those games that has yet to be cracked because of this online authentication thingy?

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Sort of, yet to be cracked because of denuvo DRM protection.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/43dgej/how_denuvo_works_and_why_its_so_hard_to_crack/
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/379720/discussions/0/357286119102515235/?l=english&ctp=4

Best I see, is that it needs to authenticate on first start, or when you change hardware. What I can't find is if it periodically needs to re authenticate. There's no activation limit from what i've seen though.

The only always online is steam, which has a offline mode.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  4. OlivThree

OlivThree Guest

GPU:
    290X/4GB ASUS DCUII
    So any news on the supposed DX12 patch?

5. Thank you scatman839 for clearing up my confusion. Good to know there is a option to use offline mode, but reading it will constantly trying to reconnect when you access the menu would annoying (hence why you said block it in the firewall). Just to clarify, can you start the game from offline mode? I remember Dragon Age: Origins from Origin launcher had a issue where you could not launch the game from offline mode after installing it online (at least I could not).

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I've not started the game up since new years, so unless there's been a patch changing things then you can't start from offline mode, offline mode appears as an option after a few tries at failing to connect online.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/225540/discussions/0/357287304439463676/
    Mech Assault is also out now for season pass owners it seems.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/400490/
    https://steamdb.info/app/400490/history/

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  8. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I really feel like this game is a big step back from number 2 in terms of fun.

The whole online b.s is bugged and a quest right in front of my vanished when it connected and reconnected.

It was a drop quest where you move the item with a helicopter and a tether and the mad giving the quest and the item to move both vanished because of the connection crap.

Also the visuals are improved in minor ways that don't matter but overall...looking at it I would be generous to say that it even looks 10% better than jc2.

I definitely regret buying it. The skill system sucks. All playing it has made me want to do is play JC2.

9. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I love this game sooo much, but I feel the devs do not care about theirs costumers at all.
    For me the game was completly bug free and smooth, but it seems im a minority.
    And when I post suggestions or post a bug that needs a fix cause now I can't get a 100% the Laguna Beach is bugged and they don't even respond.

I wanted the season pass, but yeah the devs dont deserve my money.

10. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Gameplay video from me

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Gah, this game is so extremely sensitive to OC...unlike any other game I've played so far.

Even my light OC would make the game crash. I halved it to 1974MHz which works better but it still crashes. Best to run at stock clocks :/

12. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I play the game maxed out on default settings, so no overclocking.
    And it's super smooth never had any problems and I played it over 50hours.

But I know im an exception, because even I can see that the Memory it used is a joke as it won't run smoothly on 4k due to a memory leak kind of thing that's never been fixed...this stuff is why i don't buy the Season Pass even doh i love the game so much

13. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Made a video of the Wingsuit Courses, it's a random top 7

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Still so pissed that i lost my savegame, 38 hours down the drain! :(

15. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    :eek: friend of mine had a similair think.
    yeah i'd be pissed aswell

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/225540/discussions/0/352788917761338309/

1.05 is out with some fixes and support for the upcoming DLC content.

EDIT: Honestly though with the time between each patch you'd think they could find some more fixes but eh I guess DLC and some future project is the focus post-release for both this game and the earlier Mad Max.
    (Different branch of Avalanche but it also didn't get much post-release support as I remember it though in comparison to Just Cause 3 it wasn't too buggy either.)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  17. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I have been playing this game for last few days.

Not bad not bad at all.
    However, if it wasn't for the walk-through I wouldn't have had a clue how to progress.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You get the occasional icon on the map but yeah just blow things up and take stuff over and you should get those calls from the resistance, can skip doing the training/mini-game segments if you want but they do reward you with that gear currency used for upgrades.

19. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Liberating the provinces is no easy feat.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Finished the game this weekend and I must say that I had fun! Sure, the story is somewhat stupid but it felt good liberating every province and collecting some achievements.