Bayonetta out today on Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    The game is coded / bound by physics / sound / animations to 60, it breaks otherwise, same with the cutscenes and their 30 fps. Try forcing the game on an emulator (dolphin or cemu) to do anything other than that, and you'll see why. It's a port, seems to work fairly well, fine by me. Make a petition to have it removed from steam if you really think this affects you this much. Didnt see anyone go this nuts over the famous TES games and their physics bound based 60 framerate for example. This is just worse, far more than just physics are dependent on that framerate.

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    None of that invalidates the fact that there's a 60FPS lock.

Listing reasons as to why an FPS lock is there does not remove the FPS lock.

Playing an FPS locked game sucks. Knowing WHY the lock is there doesn't make the lock not suck.

3. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Im having a weird problem, the menu doesn't show

http://prntscr.com/ew3ah4

Im using latest NVIDIA Driver (381.65) and W10 CU

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, for starters I cannot comment on AMD or crashing issues if I don't experience them and my expectations are quite clearly in check bearing in mind this is a port of a six year old game. Also, I don't understand this obsession with running games that are designed to run at 60 fps at over 60 fps; 60 fps is perfectly fine for a game of this kind, one that was built for consoles. Finally, £14.99 asking price tells you that is not a remaster but even so the port is a very solid one, especially coming from Platinum whose previous games (NieR:Automata included) are rife with issues and oversights. No offence but I think some people are just too damn picky when it comes to PC games! :p

Oh and Digital Foundry think the game is great too: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-bayonetta-pc-performance-analysis

P.S. The non-functioning MSAA is easy to miss since I was playing the game downsampled from 5K (5120x2880) to 2560x1440, which results in stunningly sharp image quality on my 25" screen.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    This is the PC version, not the console version. 60FPS is not perfectly fine. It's fine for some people, but not fine for me, and certainly far from PERFECTLY fine.

6. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    OH stfu :bang:

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Right back at ya :)

8. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Darren i couldn't have said it better

9. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    RealNC do yourself a favour and let it go.
    It's an old game 60fps is perfectly fine it's not a shooter

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It's crap. For me at least. And that's what I expressed here. That in *my opinion*, 60FPS locks are crap.

It's me, not you. So please stop telling me that I should force myself to like something that I perceive as total crap.

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Nobody is telling you to force yourself to do anything, let alone play the game. If you dislike the cap, don't play it.

As for your earlier statements about PC gamers, you don't speak for anyone but yourself.

12. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    It's how the game is made by design it's £14.99 if you expected more then ...... Clearly your hurting your reputation on here.
    In fact it's to late. I am not forcing anything it's not a triple A release it's just a simple port and a good one at that.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Exactly.
    It's beyond annoying to see people make such statements. A game is capped at 60fps... "GAME IS GARBAGE! TRASH PC GAME!!!"... no wonder some view PC gamers as entitled children.

60fps is more then playable.

And, as for being a PC gamer... as Darkest said, thankfully, you don't speak for anyone but yourself. Because being a PC gamer is all about choice. Personal preference.
    Not just in your setup, hardware... any of that. But, do you prefer 60fps, 144fps... unlimited... whatever.
    Because some players feel a certain way, doesn't mean everyone else does or should.

And, for a game like this, for a PC port coming such a long time after the game's original release. 60fps is perfect for it.

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I didn't know I had one.

And I disagree. So let's agree to disagree.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Locking something (be it FPS or whatever else) limits choice. And if PC gaming is about choice...

Your own words, not mine.

16. gamer78

gamer78 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    While I see both sides of the story, I find it irritating that games get released with frame rate caps. Many PC gamers spend hundreds of whatever currency on graphics cards alone, then hundreds of currency at monitors with high refresh rate.

So seeing games being capped to 60fps is annoying. Then again, I get it, many games are locked for a reason.

In an ideal world, we'd have no frame caps but some engines, I'm afraid, won't play nice with high frame rates.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Unless someone makes the choice to be okay with the 60fps cap.
    You are choosing to have an issue with it. Others, choose to accept it as they see no problem with it.

Locking frame rate only becomes an issue when it's at a sub-par rate, like 30fps.
    60fps is perfectly playable and acceptable. It doesn't hurt the experience, or one's ability to play the game smoothly.

18. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    I have noticed that Activating msaa changes the Gamma settings for me. It doesn't matter if it is activated on top of downsampling or not it happens anyway. strange, does it happen to anybody else?

NO AA

https://ibb.co/b5gAbQ

MSAA 2x

https://ibb.co/f2oTVk

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, PC Gamer and a few other outlets have commented that AA doesn't really... do anything in game.

20. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    yes i knew it doesn't work, but completely changing the gamma...didn't expect that