16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by user1, Jul 28, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It wasn't possible to do that, since they rely quite a lot on fixed function.

Read here as to why.

2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Here is win7 verison of the repack for convenience
    switching links to mediafire since the dropbox keeps getting maxed out.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8w28vm767ie7ad/16.101.X_Repack_Catalyst-Win7_64_17.X.X_Feb.exe
    now self extracting

---------------------------
    Checksum information
    ---------------------------
    Name: 16.101.X_Repack_Catalyst-Win7_64_17.X.X_Feb.exe
    Size: 184214971 bytes (175 MB)

SHA256:
    32BE298B2CB6B92C8EB90ABEFE0CB70E2B129303EBEF2B5BFDD3877736BEC13D

3. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    Thanks, appreciate effort and share.

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    This is awesome.
    My friend will love this.
    Thank you!

5. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    So.. just tested the thing, and it works very nicely.
    The only malfunctioning thing seems to be HDMI driver (that even in my experiments with 16.1, w10 driver just didn't want to start in 7)

6. ExDeF

ExDeF Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6770M
    user1
    Hi. Where to download the latest version of CAP (Catalyst Application Profiles) for 16.101.X_Repack_Catalyst-Win7_64_17.X.X_Feb.exe ?

7. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    I,m using the driver atm, everything seems fine. On install there was a signing problem with the audio driver.... leading to yellow exclamation mark in device manager... i just right clicked and updated driver and everythings fine.

8. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    They are shipped with the driver since a long time.
    If atiadlxx.dll version doesn't mislead me, this latest one has 17.2.1 blb.

Signing problems are there for everything, just for the records.
    And using driver supplied by previous packages, as you ultimately ended up doing (and I too), is not really the solution I was expecting.

9. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    yeah forgot about that, ill fix it, it has been a reoccuring issue. (some are signed properly some are not kinda hit or miss)

10. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Can you re-upload Win 10 driver to mediafire as well?
    Updated to the Win 10 build today and apparently it cleaned out my display driver, need to install it again.

11. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I will be doing that today , Was very surprised that people are exceeding the 20gb perday limit of drop box.

here is link with working win7 hdmi pulled from windows update.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/888h06j84xt8hxs/16.101.X_Repack_Catalyst-Win7_64_17.X.X_April.exe

In other news, I decided to take a look at some of the atikmdag.sys files from some of the newer drivers In IDA and have discovered that as far as i can tell both the 16.150 and 16.200 still dont seem to be missing anything important, Im not entirely sure why they don't work, perhaps something is broken(seems to line up with the fact that if you do try to load new drivers like 16.200 you briefly get proper output before it cuts out), Might be worth investigating further, Patches might be a possibility.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  12. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    °_°

Could be a simple checkup of sorts.

This reminds me of a similar situation when at some point all it took for VSR? to work was to add the right dword.
    However AMD seems to have patched it in the kernel.
    When Asder and me were trying to find out why the new kernels didn't support the VSR method + dword we hit a block.... my IDA knowledge is very very limited.

Well done regardless.

ToastyX at CRU might have more knowledge and XP in this regard.

13. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 8GB
    Found my first "problem" title with 16.101's -- ME Andromeda. Where you would typically see Frostbite shine, there are some yellow-green artifacts going on (appears to be bloom?) making it unplayable. I reverted to 15.201 and all is fine. It actually gives you a warning that detects 17.1.1 and that >17.2.1 is req which i dont get with 15.201's. Not sure what they did as even Battlefield 1 plays great. Amazingly, the FB engine wasn't granular enough to be able to toggle the "effect" on/off.

Not complaining, just reporting... :wanker:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  14. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    They may very well have a work around built into the newer version of the engine, since 15.201 is the last version "supported" version and is the one provided by windows update for non gcn cards.

either that or the driver breaks something or the engine is unaware of the older versions of amds drivers and is defaulting to a reference rendering mode without amd specific optimizations(which are hacks hence the glitches).

I do wonder whant would happen if you spoofed the 15.201 version , this can be done by removing the regstrings RadeonSoftwareVersion and RadeonSoftwareEdtion located in

hklm\Controlset001\Control\Video\{XXXXXXXX}\0000\
    and
    hklm\Controlset001\services\amdkmdag\

and adding a string value called Catalyst_Version with a value of 15.11.1
    You may also need to spoof the string called ReleaseVersion to 15.201.1151.1010

15. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    Newer frostbite games ships with AMD GPU Services dlls (or at least I recall bf1).
    And I'd be surprised if they were just checking for something so.. plain.

According to -partial- sources, it seems that along driverVersion/radeonSoftwareVersion they also have a struct that explicitly returns ArchitectureVersion (something devs may look for too).

I wouldn't know how they check them though (even though hxd hinted they call/open/read something-something atidxx, aticfx, amdxc, atiadlxy and atiadlxx(in which case even in worst case scenario writing a wrapper shouldn't be all that hard I guess?))

Last.. I suppose you wanted to say HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\amdkmdag\ rather than 001 if any?

16. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    thats what bf1 looks for, game will refuse to start if you don't change them to something higher than 16.20 and set the crimson to a newer version if i remember correctly.
    The currentcontrolset keys get overwritten in my experience. if you do the controlset001 ones they get copied over.

17. Suici Doga

Suici Doga Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7640G
    AMD VCE not working this these drivers

I installed these drivers on my laptop and they gave me a nice FPS boost :) But also with these drivers Xbox Game Bar doesn't work and says my hardware is unsupported (it worked with the official catalyst which supports AMD VCE. Game Bar requires VCE).

I also trying A's Video Converter which uses AMD VCE to convert videos and it also doesn't work which means VCE is broken in these drivers.

Plz add VCE support to these modded drivers . I am using the 16.101.X with radeonsettings 16.12.1 version. My GPU is a Radeon HD 7640G which supports AMD VCE

Other than that no problems with these awesome drivers :banana:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  18. Suici Doga

Suici Doga Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7640G
    Any plans for Vulkan support

Any plans for Vulkan , DX12 and GLSL 4.50 support on these drivers ?

19. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Noticed a bug with the Catalyst release.
    Some lower than native display resolutions appear to be missing on my card/monitor with the modded Catalyst installed.
    My native res is 1920x1200 and with modded Catalyst resolutions like 1440x900 or 1400x1050 are missing.
    Official 15.7.1, 15.11.1BETA and even modded 16.9.1 have all of the resolutions available.
    None of it is supported on legacy cards I believe.

20. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Going to test these in next few days on one home HTPC rig running nicely OCed Radeon HD 5770 (GPU/mem = 925/5200) under Win7 SP1 64bit, sometimes some kids from our family or friends is using it as a backup gaming rig for Minecraft, Rocket Leagur, CS:GO, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare... when every other decent gaming rig at home atm is used by mine or some other kids. Not quite sure what drivers are running on that rig, either Crimson Edition Non-WHQL 16.1 v.15.301.1201 for Non GCN or maybe Crimson Edition Beta Driver 15.12 v.15.30.1025.1001 or even Crimson Edition Beta Driver 15.11 v.15.30.1025 but one thing for sure is that above 5770 card didn't liked latest official Crimson Edition Non-WHQL 16.2.1 v.15.301.1901.0 for Non GCN, lots of shuttering and freezing in few games, I remember well Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare was literally unplayable with latest Crimson Edition Non-WHQL 16.2.1 v.15.301.1901.0 for Non GCN, freezes every few seconds and shuttering mess also, kids were whining all the time so I had to revert to previous stable drivers, as I just said atm not sure what version they are, gonna check that later today.

Gonna come back here with report after testing these modded ones you did in a few days. Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!

p.s.
    Any chance for Non-GCN modded drivers for Win8.1 64bit? My personal HTPC is running Radeon HD 6670 on Win8.1 64bit, I think with latest official Crimson Edition Non-WHQL 16.2.1 v.15.301.1901.0 for Non GCN, although I did Win10 registration on that rig probably I'll never move it to Win10 64bit because Win8.1 64 is doing it's job just perfect for my needs.

edit.
    Somehow I've missed posts #243 and #244 about Win8.1 64bit, gonna try these drivers on my HTPC running Win8.1 64bit also in few days from now.