Review: ASRock X370 Gaming Professional Fatal1ty

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For our next X370 review we look at the brilliant ASRock X370 Gaming Professional Fatal1ty. This enthusiast class line of Ryzen motherboard is not just stylish, it has 5 Gbps Ethernet, AC WIFI, dual M...

Review: ASRock X370 Gaming Professional Fatal1ty

2. xafier

xafier Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290
    I originally was looking at this one but settled on the Taichi in the end as I wasn't too bothered about the 5Gbit ethernet which was the main difference between the two as they both seem to have the same VRM setup and other features.

3. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    This is a horrible design. If you use the M.2, which I would plan to use, this disables the last PCIe slot which if I plan to use two older GTX970's in SLI would leave me only 1 - 4X PCIE slot available. Since I would also like to use a PCIE tuner board and a PCIE sound card because any built in sound card no matter how good the caps are using software processing is pure crap. FAIL board.

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    How many people are planning to have four PCIe cards in use? Replace the two 970s with a single Pascal card.

5. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Fan headers: these are important to anyone going with air in a case. Reviewers work on an open bench and often forget all about fans. I only see provision for about four fans, and the control characteristics available aren't described. Asus has been doing much better than this for at least ten years.

M.2 headers: I wonder why nobody yet stands these on edge, instead of flat. That would be a much better use of mobo space which is always at a premium. I think they would cool as well as (if not better than) flat.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I guess the flat orientation has been the default one because the M.2 have always(?) had the functionality of using a screw to fasten them to the mobo.

7. xafier

xafier Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290
    Assuming it's the same my Taichi then they are all 4 pin and fully controllable, I'm powering 6 Noctua fans in my system with no problem, just got Y splitters on two of the headers, simples.

8. MSIMAX

MSIMAX Active Member

GPU:
    3x 290x cfx
    bios 2.00 is out

mem oc can now achieve 3600 with 32gb kits

9. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    i tought why he did´nt updated the BIOS... :infinity:

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Perhaps he tested these motherboards a week and a half / two weeks ago when the newer bios wasn't out just yet ?

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great review as always Hilbert , top notch. This is one feature rich motherboard worth every penny. The wifi and BT it's what i miss the most out of my Asus CH 6.

12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    No, Ihave ASRock X370 Gaming Professional Fatal1ty, and there is no cahance yet. We need more memorydeviders.

I run 3200cl 14-13-13-13-33-1t. Using G.skill 3600 cl15 2x8GB.

13. SuperAverage

SuperAverage Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte xtreme 1080
    I wish you'd post DPC latency tests on mobos.
    FOr those of us who use our machines for more than just gaming, DPC latency can be an issue.
    Right now I'm trying to decide between a ryzen setup and an older intel xeon setup for music and video production, and DPC latency can be a dealbreaker for me.

14. cpuspeed

cpuspeed Guest

GPU:
    rx 480 4gb
    The review mentioned two SATA3 ports connected to processor and 4 connected to x370 chipset. Which SATA3 ports are these?

Also is mentioned that using M2_1 and using more PCIe cards or SLI or the two SATA3 ports connected to processor will hurt M2_1 performance. How much of a performance hit? worse than using x370 SATA3 routed ports?

Is there a diagram or other information that explains this? The manual says nothing in this regard.

Thank you.

edit: I think the review may have confused B350 chipset limitations with x370 chipset.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017