NVIDIA Titan Xp Is Faster Than Custom GTX 1080 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Aritra Das, Apr 8, 2017.

1. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    Just a reminder the old Titan XP is close to a year old also NVidia released the 1080Ti at very good price $699 this makes the new Titan XP seemed over priced.

and SLI is only as good as the profiles included with the drivers and also with 2 1080's the frame buffer is still 8 GB.

As far as cooling I own a gigabyte 1080TI founder's edition and a Aorus 1080Ti and the founder's edition runs cooler at the same clock speeds this didn't hold true for the original 1080s where 3rd party cooler's are better.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Well, I'm happy to let the market determine the success of this. It's pricey and not very good value (compared to 1080 Ti) but it's certainly powerful. If someone wants to buy it then it's certainly their prerogative.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    English title fail.
    NVIDIA Titan Xp Is Faster as Custom GTX 1080 Ti

should be

Tixan XP is as fast as custom Ti

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The Titan XXPP needs more cats.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I guess we got a new writer to fill HH's shoes.

6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Wrong. Should be
    Titan XP is faster than a custom GTX 1080 TI. Also you forgot the "a" and Titan is misspelled.
    :stewpid:

7. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    Just glancing over this thread sorry if I am missing some stuff but this simply caught my eye and I was like lol

Nvidia are the reason I am not really bothering with PC's anymore, 50-70% price increase for there 1080 etc and then the Ti price £800... what? thanks 4K...

Nvidia can release (pretty much) whatever power card they want at anytime they want (and it's NOT costing them massive amounts - there marketing is what probably costs them the most!) I have watched carefully for about 15 years, they are just taking the piss and laughing all the way to the bank and I laugh myself at those who defend there OBVIOUS unscrupulous business nature.

As someone with average financial situation this is all too much for the performance they offer, they saw an opportunity to ramp up the prices to insane levels and people are rolling with it - I have had to move on now, I don't get excited over things like a 1070 or 1060, I bought a custom 980 Ti for £425, triple slot near silent card, solid overclocker, then a second for the same price as while SLI has problems which are seemingly getting worse from reading around lately, it's FUN! and I always enjoyed pushing my gfx and res etc

the age old 'you don't have to buy it' from fanboys always makes me laugh as well... as enthusiasts our very nature is to want to experience the high end stuff... the 1080/1080Ti etc (ignoring the titan as that's always been a silly one with regards to price/performance and this is from someone who had Titan SLI when the first titans were around before the 780 Ti) if as enthusiasts we are forced to supress our nature due to ABSURD greed from nvidia then there is only one option left really...

there are plenty of others like me who used to really enjoy experiencing the latest high end stuff each year from Nvidia despite prices always being a bit OTT but when the sheer greed from Nvidia literally makes the products totally unattainable for many of there previous loyal customers, a lot of people are certainly gonna feel some kinda way about this.

Not ranting just airing thoughts etc, to each his own but....

£800...

*waves goodbye*

8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    @ Hilbert next time u should compare a Gtx 1080 Gaming X from MSi to the test to compare in the list because a reference gtx 1080 is slower then a third party one.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Actually no.

Ever heard of the phrase as fast as lighting?

A implies singularity.
    Since there are many custom 1080Ti, you do not need 'a'

So 'as fast as custom 1080Ti' is not incorrect.

Just like you do not say 'as fast as a wind'.

and typing on the phone means it's easy to have typos.. :stewpid:

10. RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel Guest

GPU:
    Intel Iris 6100
    I don't understand the fuss about Nvidia releasing even more powerful cards, I'd guess 99% of us couldn't buy these cards, with huge no-imperfection dies, without going hungry for some time.

It's just product stratification, we're not losing out on anything.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Saw on another forum compared this release to spitting in the Ti buyers face as they didn't get to enjoy having the top card for very long. hhhhhm ok

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    With me Id rather see real world testing like in a game @ 4K to see how this card does rather than synthetic benchmarks. I agree this was a stupid move by Nvidia.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Gotta love the internet

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  14. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    nVidia emergency meeting:

Boss: Guys, we're not selling any Titans anymore, everyone is buying 1080 Ti !!! We made it too good, too cheap. F*** !
    Accountant: We should increase the price of 1080 Ti by strangling supplies.
    Marketing: Riiiiight, with Vega breathing on our necks, that will not work out well
    Engineer: Guys...
    (nobody hears him)
    Boss: Still, we're making a lot of profit on those Ti's still, they sell like hotcakes... Hihihi... But still, DAAYUM, I love the 300% profit on the Titan cards. Want more of that. Any ideas ?
    Marketing: Well, let's reduce the price of the Titan to just 999, like the ones before ? It will sell ! Maybe 1200 was too much.
    Accountant: Too much ??? HAHAHAHHAHA People buy them anyway, even the 3000$ Titan Z. Idiots... hahahahah
    Engineer: GUYS !!!
    Everyone else: WHAAAT???
    Engineer: You know both the titan X and the Ti have a cluster disabled ? It's not a complete card.
    Everyone else: Oooooh...
    Engineer: We could just pick the few ones that we miraculously managed to make them full and advertise them as full cards. Same price as the broken ones from last year !
    Boss: Do we have enough of them?
    Engineer: I think so, yes.
    Boss: Hmm... 1200$? Make it so ! (points finger forward)

Everyone applause and cheers !

15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Top kek.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So when is the GTX 1080 Tip out? ;)

Seriously though, NVIDIA's naming department suck. Why keep calling Titan cards X to confuse everyone? Why not X+ or XX or anything other than the silliness of Xp (which is what everyone has been calling the last card to avoid confusion with the original Titan X). Duh! :bang:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Um..... Nvidia pulled the Titan X days before 1080ti went on sale. They had this planned from the start.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Of course... I'm still surprised people think that a single thing in PC hardware happens "improvised".

19. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Dudes, my story was a joke, yo ;)

20. Kaill

Kaill Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Could of just called it the Titan X Black and it would of been fine.