Nvida Physx disabled now in Warframe with drivers later than 373.06

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Franz, Apr 4, 2017.

1. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    everybody knows that in the nvidia gaming community, going as far back as the fx series days, you always blame the developer, never nVidia....its just a rule.

and before any of you jump on me...i have a GTX 1070 in here now...yeah its nice....but...sorry, not flawless driver wise....

reminds me of btarunr over at tpu getting himself banned for raging out when he claimed nVidia had never put out a bad product or bad driver....and...somebody else(me) pointed out the whole fx line..with a picture of my old 5800ultra(dust buster) that i sold a linux zealot i still talk to regularly today... back then nv had the better linux drivers..

but anyway, its been like this a long time....far more so on the nVidia side from my exp...amd users in my exp, enlarge, blame both amd drivers AND the developers....

different culture...

we need a 3rd real option....

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No, it's not. Anything else to add?

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Seems that way, at least in this case.

Like I usually agree with what you say but in this case I don't get it. I don't see what DE did wrong at all in their post. I don't see why they need to include a statement from Nvidia about it. I doubt Nvidia would even give a statement about it - they never comment on anything.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sorry, won't explain how things work again.

5. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
    Not to step on anyones toes (but it will likely happen)

a change in the PhysX runtime does not have to occur for a driver to break PhysX in a given application.

The installer for PhysX is just a package of libraries that allow the game to interface with the driver, they contain a part if not all of the API.

The driver itself handles the hardware processing, so a bustage in either the usermode or kernel mode aspects can cause a game to behave differently, in this case leak memory.

nVidia are the only ones with the tools on hand to debug the matter, so its probably best for the community to stop with the amateur attempts at debugging when nobody has access to nvidia's debug symbols.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

Latest driver appears to have fixed the issue without DE having to do anything so it was clearly a bug in the Nvidia driver or PhysX dist.

7. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    Hard to tell since the physx option is perma-off with presently.

They should have provided command-switch override for the crazy players who would have wanted it enabled anyway.

can confirm that the commit value is stable on leakyapex though.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes, because we all know that drivers never work around bugs in applications. And again, instead of posting stuff blaming everyone around they could've just waited for a couple more days.

9. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    If only everyone could see the future like you Dr Rus, oh wise Dr Rus, tell us the error of our ways!

10. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    it wasn't a bug in the game, the leakyapex binary was a basic throw together from the physx sdk.

I doubt nvidia profiled that utility and made a workaround for it in the 8-12 weeks it took for 381.65 to be ready for signage and release.

11. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    here some things, people unable to read (i mean dr_rus):

"The conclusions from our distributed detective work was that NVIDIA drivers newer than version 373.06 were prone to leak large amounts of memory, causing performance problems and even crashes on some machines. Further investigation demonstrated that this behaviour wasn’t even specific to Warframe’s use of these effects, and may also occur with other game titles that use this feature."

but who interests now on this. (Apes can also read Nitzsche, ...)

"Re-enabled PhysX Effects for the very latest NVidia drivers (381.65, released April 6th) as they seem to have fixed the memory leak."

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's been nearly a year between PhysX updates. Yeah, no time to make a workaround. Better to write a blogpost on that.

So you're one of these who believe everything they read, eh?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    This dude and his caustic superiority complex believes NV drivers have no bugs and are always the issue of the developer.
    :infinity:

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I can't stand him.
    After this thread, I may put his ass on ignore list.

15. dr_rus is right.

16. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    because driver devs are going to put alot of resources into a game from 2013..
    :thumbup:

glad somebody who KNOWS nVidia are, unlike every other hardware company, able to produce flawless drivers and software, its software developers and users who are always to blame for bugs :thumbup:

17. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    In this case, hes so wrong the judges went home because they'd had enough of his bs.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Driver devs will put resources into whatever the devs will request from them. Year is irrelevant.

So many stupid people in this thread.

19. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    you're the main one, you seem to know a small bit about things and have let it go to your head.

20. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    fanboi's always know more then the rest of us...always....and more then developers both game/sotware and driver....i have even watched them claim a known bug, thats on known bug lists from amd/ati/nVidia was user error.... gotta love it...

hes the same kinda guy in the amd section giving people who report problems with the 16.12 and up drivers on 290/390 cards that its either their own fault, or they cant expect amd to support such old chips forever....