GeForce 381.65 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JAMVA, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I also have done some comparison with Game Mode Enabled vs Game Mode Disabled. These are my findings at this link:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10.762434/page-393#post-10500318

Game mode is only worth enabling if your game doesn't have high CPU usage (above say 60%) and if it doesn't want to use all threads. This is because it shoves the OS onto 2 threads and then uses the remaining threads (6 in my case) for the game. This effectively cuts my 8 thread CPU to a 6 thread CPU as far as the game is concerned - this is only a problem if the game wants to load all 8 threads up with a significant load.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    creators update

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    So this is only for HDR TV's only and 4K ? because I have 1080p Philips TV and don't have this option.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    protip: try grabbing the iso from the insider preview advanced page, extract to folder, do an in place upgrade that way, then ddu, and install drivers, (i had to do this from insider preview auto update....had alot of weird bugs...fixed without reinstalling by doing the above :) ) (first time this has worked on windows on a consistent basis has been 10....and its at least been 80% successful.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    issues with some HDMI monitor, color blur on other... while running very well once i connect a pro monitor in DP on the same system (and no i can't give my monitor to play or search cooking reciepe :) ).

6. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Is Rainbow Six even playable for you using Game Mode? When I enable it I get micro stutter with G-Sync. Mouse feels hell of a lot slower.

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    WDDM 2.2 support for Fermi as well.

I noticed a new option in the Control Panel that's on by default. I don't have the English language, but it'd be loosely translated to something like "Experience improvement program". It's in the "Help" tab.
    I tried googling it but didn't get any relevant results.

8. Nerboruto

Nerboruto Active Member

GPU:
    p1000@1810mhz
    In fact, I had been too optimistic ...
    I performed further tests in rottr by loading the advanced savegame.
    in some scenes where there are
    very large areas and many on-screen objects
    They experience lower
    framerate compared to dx11.
    in the integrated benchmark
    the situation seems more or less similar.

useless to waste any more time with this game in DX12.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes.

Again, useless. I've yet to see a benchmark where this "game mode" results in any kind of improvement really.

10. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    If anyone's having issues using DDU not starting after installing creators update, you probably have Afterburner installed, add a profile for DDU in Rivertuner and set Application detection level to none and will start normally. Never had this issue before this update bit odd.

11. perche24

perche24 Member

GPU:
    kfa2 1060 gtx
    i won 2 fps in total warhammer dx11 cheer :nerd:

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's getting really annoying, windows reset color settings everytime i open a game or a movie using MPC-HC. It never happened with Win10 Anniversary Update.

13. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Thanks for mentioning that, wasn't sure what was causing it!

14. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yes, my testing showed that Game mode didn't really increase average fps. I do have it enabled at the moment for when I play Titanfall 2 though, as the game doesn't use a lot of CPU power, and my hope is that with 6 threads dedicated to the game 100% that it will somehow create a smoother experience - maybe less frame time variation, and maybe less of the rare stutters. So far seems fine under game mode for that game - hard to be anything other than subjective for Titanfall 2 though, no benchmark.
    Good question, but I don't have Rainbow six.
    Ah, I think I may have noticed this too. Are you talking about your screen calibration (e.g. Spyder4Pro) being removed when you play a game, etc? I think I've noticed it switching more in the Creators Update.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nier runs a lot smoother now in fullscreen ( with the resolution mod ) @ 4k maxed no AA

i re-installed the driver after i updated to creators update

16. Workzero

Workzero Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080S@2080/18k
    I can't install this driver. I have GTX970 + Samsung KU6500 4k HDR

When is installing, the TV turns on the HDR mode, then says Signal Lost...

If i restart computer, start ok but without any driver installed. I tried it 3 times and used DDU.

Tonight i'll update windows to creators build and try this driver again..:nerd:

17. Problem with the latest driver release HELP

I've installed today the new driver version on my pc equipped with one Gtx 1080 ti Founders Ed.
    I've launched Ghost Recon Wildlands as every day at 4k resolution and Ultra Present , but this time with the new driver the radial fan of the card in few seconds begin to run very high speed and the temperature goes until 70 C degrees

My specs are:

I5 6600k
    Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
    Nvidia Gtx 1080 ti Founders
    Ssd Neutron Xti 480 gb
    32 gb ddr 4 2666 mhz
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Anniversary Update (last version available)

With previous driver release all working fine.

Suggestions?

18. lucasfrance

lucasfrance Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti + 1080
    They have wrongly included an old version of the Nvidia Control Panel in this release.... and this old version is causing issues on my Win 7 system. So back to the previous release here so far.

19. Himitsu

Himitsu Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    check the first post

20. marcvampire

marcvampire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    having issues with this and seemingly any other Nvidia driver in the Creators Update of Windows 10. Both Cyberghost VPN and PotPlayer 64-bit crash at startup with the faulting module of c:\windows\system32\d3d9.dll

If i uninstall the drivers, in that small window of time before Windows 10 reinstalls them at startup, i can start both programs and they then crash when the Nvidia driver is installed!

Must learn to wait for these updates to be out in the wild a bit longer before trying them..