GeForce 381.65 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JAMVA, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Decided to run a few benches with Game Mode on and off with these drivers to see what the results would be and here they are if you're interested.

Ran three benches with it on and off to see if there is much of a difference.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Ugh... these drivers gave me 1500 points less in Firestrike Extreme than the previous 378.92's did. What a **** show. ME:A is still stuttering like a bastard too

3. Inquisitor

Inquisitor Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Hybr
    Creaters Update + these drivers = near instant alt-tabbing between desktop and full screen game. Brilliant!! :banana:

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, it's useless.

I'm noticing the same behavior change in some games in 1607 too on these.

5. Nerboruto

Nerboruto Active Member

GPU:
    p1000@1810mhz
    this time the DX12 improvements on rottr are visible ..
    the game runs very well at last!!!
    I am very satisfied... :)

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    What about Fallout 3 and New Vegas?

This will be nice for going from game to Cheat Engine and back over and over.

7. ahmlet

ahmlet Member

GPU:
    980 ti g1gaming
    I`m missing overrride display option in nvidia control panel. 970gtx anyone else?

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No change in the benchmark here.

9. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    To all you having color problems on 4k UHD HDR TVs, just go to the resolution page and try changing the color format and/or color output depth...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  10. Dan9700

Dan9700 Guest

GPU:
    ive tried everything and changed things and nothing so went back to last driver, don't know why this has happened it is stuck on HDR with new driver and its all wrong even with changing colour etc

11. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    For some reason this driver don't start my monitors if i got them both connected with display port. Had to move my second monitor over to the igpu. (Did use ddu when installing).

12. sayem57

sayem57 Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX2080Ti amp
    After changing the color you have to restart your pc and then everything starts to work. I was also having the same issue with hdr. Steps i did which fixed the problem for me is:
    go to change resolution section from Nvidia control panel, then select "Use NVIDIA color settings". After that set output to RGB full 8bpc. apply. Then nothing changes. But if you restart everything starts to work again.

13. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    So with these drivers we finally have a way to switch between HDR and SDR? That would be great because right now only games are working for me in hdr. Videos don't and I have no setting on my TV to turn it on. Seems to only be automatic. Can anyone please confirm the drivers are allowing us to switch now?

14. Dan9700

Dan9700 Guest

GPU:
    Thanks maybe cos i didnt restart it, is it a bug in this driver cos never had this before nornally its always just works is it worth going back to last driver or get this and do what you say, is it a new hdr feature im so confused

15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I just tried these drivers. I'm using a sharp 43n7000u and I don't have this "Use NVIDIA color settings" option on my nvidia control panel despite having an HDR compatible TV. That being said, my colors are normal but I was hoping to be able to toggle HDR for a change.
    Is the creators update required for this setting?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017

16. sayem57

sayem57 Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX2080Ti amp
    You have to restart without restart it doesnt work.

17. sayem57

sayem57 Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX2080Ti amp
    One more thing with this driver mass effect Andromeda doesnt work in full screen mode for me. I have to set it to borderless window. Also my gpu utilization is 50-60% in sli mode. Not sure how to fix this issue. I am running windows 10 creators update.

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    nicee

19. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    For those having issues with 4K and HDR you can turn it off under display settings;

[​IMG]

If you don't have the HDR option check your Windows Version by typing winver in the start menu or a run box (winkey+r).

I am running Windows 10 x64 Creator's Update Version 1703 (Build 15063.14).

20. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    damn w10 creator update didn't go well for me, i have to do a clean install, since bf1 only shows a black screen and deus ex md crashes a lot, other games are fine, but for those two it annoys me that something went wrong. Danm i hate installing everything again