The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    VDDCR SOC max voltage recomended by Asus is 1.20v for 24/7 , that's the votage i run 24/7 on my current OC.

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Thanks Chispy. Relief of mind knowing there is a lot more room to play with if and when a water loop is setup.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
  4. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The Trident purchased from Newegg were $170 the same speed and timings from Flare X run $184 (2x8GB 3200 C14). No clue about Non US pricing.

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    This brings back Deja Vu for me. After I got my Ryzen, I did a clean install of WIN 10 and had no issues with the CorsAir USB link. After doing some experiments with different apps / drivers / Backups. I did another clean install of win 10 (it only takes 5 minutes) . Then I ran into the exact same issue as you. I couldn't get the corsair link to work nor be detected. I solved it by going into device manager and remove the unknown device + drivers, then I finally got it working (after rebooting and installing the software again ). But I don't use / run the CorsAir link software after initial setup since it uses 2-3 % CPU power all the time. You can actually benchmark a difference in Cinebench.

6. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Haha sounds like we've had a very similar experience there! I got C-link working last night by reinstalling my chipset drivers, but as you said it seems to use up CPU cycles which you can test in CB. I don't really care about the RGB logo so I uninstalled it and will rewire my fan setup tonight to remove the link and plug in my case's front USB 2 header in the mobo.

My replacement GTX 1070 should arrive today as well which will complete my new build, hoping for +2100 on the core, fingers crossed!

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    *** Updates for today April 5 , 2017 ***

Guys i will be doing a total make over of the first pages on the Bios and motherboards for Ryzen cpus. Most of the Bios i have posted have been already removed by the motherboard manufacturers on their support website , hence i will clean that up today and only will post from now on the latest Bios for each motherboard , just a heads up.

The manual overclocking guide it's still on hold since i'm awaiting for the new Bios with the new Agesa microcode from AMD , things have change on the new Bios with the new Agesa microcode hence it does not make any sense to make a manual overclocking guide based on old Agesa microcode and old Bios from motherboard manufacturers at this moment in time. It will be posted and updated once the new Bios are out.

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Finally made it past the 24hr mark:
    [​IMG]

Now time to start enjoying. Actually was fun getting to this point. Now I have a point to compare new bios releases against. Hopefully a release is coming so that I can lower cpu voltage and run the ram at its rated speed.

Like was stated early on in this thread about being blown away by the upgrade from previous Phenom II. Feel like a child just waking up on Christmas morning. Yes, this thing can play Crysis!

CPU @ 1.40625
    VDDCR Soc @ 1.01875
    Ram @ 1.35
    LLC @ Level 3 and 130% for both cpu and soc

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yes, this thing can play Crysis! :banana:

10. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    Thought about posting some pics of the actual performance of my R7 1700 4.0GHz now being 1 month past the Ryzen release and same time to have a base of comparison between the old and new agesa microcode that is about to be released.

Cinebench R15 Single Core
    [​IMG]

Cinebench R15 Multi
    [​IMG]

CPU-Z Bench
    [​IMG]

I remember at least getting around 1720cb 1st week with the early bios builds, now it's been quite an improvement already.
    I'm really looking forward to see what the new microcode will bring.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Isn't Crysis pretty much single threaded? You can now play it 8 times simultaneously!

12. Bogeyx

Bogeyx Active Member

GPU:
    2070 RTX @ 2050Mhz
    Just some test with the new Creators Update and RYZEN:
    [​IMG]

I don't know why but the results are horrible. Anyone else?

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    test games? I think those things might not work as intended with game mode.

14. Bogeyx

Bogeyx Active Member

GPU:
    2070 RTX @ 2050Mhz
    Ashes of Singularity
    Windows 1607 47,2fps
    Windows 1703 46,8fps
    Game Mode on 38,8fps

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Some bench results from current oc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Odd bios feature setting appears to be opposite of what it states.

Fast Boot setting when set to Disabled, posts quicker.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It seems for me it does nothing what so ever. Don't have ashes tho. Tested the old tomb raider and tw: warhammer

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    -> https://thetechaltar.com/amd-ryzen-1800x-performance/

and here -> https://proclockers.com/reviews/cpus/amd-ryzen-7-1700-review/page/0/5

"Conclusion

The Ryzen 7 1800X is a very well designed CPU. It competes in a market segment with the i7-6900X and tends to perform very well in both gaming and other tasks. That is, it isn’t technically competing against the 7700K because the 1800X is meant more towards those that do and game. It provides a good medium between the absolute best gaming performance and being able to do other work as well. Rendering, compression, 3D modeling and even DNN’s are all much more suited to the Zen core and those looking for more than just a gaming CPU, the 1800X is a magnificent choice.

It’s generally better than the 6900K and also much less expensive. In terms of gaming, the Ryzen 7 series, including the 1800X, are held back by a lack of competent multi-threading in games. It’s there, but these cores are very much under-utilized and the future looks bright for having more threads available to play with. That said, the first iteration of Zen should age fairly well until Zen 2.0 can come onto the scene.

We stand by our original assessment that this is a great CPU. The 1800X won’t provide the absolute maximum frame rates possible, though they are still very high (higher than the 6900K in many or most cases) and general provides a better 99th-percentile frame rate for a more consistent experience. In other-words, when things get complex, the Ryzen 7 1800X can maintain better FPS than the competition.

But really, you have to ask yourself what your purpose is for a new CPU. Do you want to purely play games and nothing more? Do you plan on running computationally intense, multi-threaded applications? Do you want to render videos for your channel or for fun? What about streaming? More cores is quickly becoming a better solution to doing things as we multi-thread more applications, including games. Per core performance is good, but Ryzen excels in multi-threaded applications. And thus is a good choice if you love games but also want to accomplish other tasks. It doesn’t hurt that it’s actually somewhat energy efficient, too.

Ryzen is a superior CPU, and though one can find the worst way to benchmark something to show it’s weaknesses, there are plenty of strengths including how scheduling takes place to work around CCX communication latency issues. In the real-world it performs beautifully and would be a good choice for a new PC. We’re particularly excited to see Naples in the near future, because that should help to shake-up the server market with even more competition."

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  19. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    ASRock BIOS 2.00 for the Fatal1ty x370 Professional Gaming board is out!

EDIT: With this BIOS I am able to boot with my DRAM set to 3200MHz, however I had to bump the timings up to 18-18-18-40, might be able to tighten them more but that was the first thing I tried after it failed booting with the stock XMP profile.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    It is inevitably going to be needed later on. Does anyone know how one would be able to flash a previous bios? Currently the EZ Flash method does not allow a newer bios to be replaced with an older one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.