AMD Ryzen 5 1400 gaming performance leaks - analysed on YT

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Aritra Das, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    lmao. When? In 2025? XD

2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    That would depend on his graphics card not just the cpu alone. Plus that would depend on the game as well.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I disagree with him about Ryzen vs 7700K, I think Ryzen is the better long term buy. That being said, what you posted here isn't true and even if it was Ryzen is like 85% based on Intel's design and the areas it differs are arguably worse in terms of design and were only done for cost cutting measures - an advantage that allows them to sell 8 core chips at 4 core prices.

4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    See here's the thing you don't understand when it comes to cores.

Just for examples sake, a Intel 7700k is much slower then an AMD 1700x.

Oh, but you're going to say "No no it's not! i have proof!"

Before you do that, please note:

The only way you will have "proof" is by utilizing a program that does not understand how to use the 1700x to its fullest potential, either because it has not been patched (like Dota 2/Ashes have) or it does not utilize more then 4 threads.

Now you could say "well that's still faster" but really, is it? You're only claiming something is faster because you are purposefully gimping the AMD processor (or intel processors for that matter when it comes to utilizing more then 4 threads) or purposefully not taking into consideration that a program does not, without being upgraded, understand how to use the processor, again being gimped because of it.

I mean seriously that's like saying a car with two engines goes 1000mph, vs a car with 1 engine that goes 700mph, but when you compete the two against eachother, you either have a driver who does not understand how to use two engines, or the specific tests states you can only use 1 engine, and in both cases the car only goes 500mph, and therefore the car with 1 engine is "faster".

I don't understand why people want to claim something is faster by gimping the competitors (or in this case the same companies products as well) product to do it.

If everyone had this mindset when the first dual-core processors came out, why is it we have increased core count? Do we really all just want to go back to a single-core high frequency processor?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

@720p 7700k kicks rezen butt!.....You wanna know why?

Load is shifted to cpu and i7 is stronger/faster.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

per core performance will always win....What part of faster at gaming don't you understand?

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's a very general term which as i said in my previous post is not true. It's not "true" when you use a program that does not understand ryzen or does not utilize more then 4 cores. So there is no truth in your statement because it requires specific things to not be working to be true.

Again, that's not even remotely true.

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not only does your theory of "higher performance per core will always be better in gaming" get thrown out the door here with the latest update, but it was always wrong since Intels higher core counts have always been better.

Again, the only way your claim of the 7700k being faster then higher core processors and ryzen would be correct is if you are purposefully gimping them

(I'm not using guru3ds results for ashes because it does not directly compare them to the 7700k)

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    7700k is faster at gaming.

11. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    Will you all shut up about this already, there is a problem with the bios on mobos not reaching there right clocks there is a problem with Nvidia drivers with Ryzen, You want proof you say no problem glad to help out HH should have tested this to and not with nvidia cards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRCK7RfbUg so please shut up about this already if you want strong FPS and just for gaming 7700k if you want gaming/streaming/rendering get a r7.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The charts you provided show the R7 beating the 7700K within the margin of error. the Intel 8c/16t CPU is still far ahead of the R7. There is and issue with the Ryzen in gaming that will hopefully be fixed and the work so far has been positive but the 7700k is still the king of gaming FOR NOW.

Are you calling Hilbert's credibility into question on his own website over a F*CKING youtube video?!?!?!?!?!?!?

GTFO!!!!!!

Hilbert has been a beacon in he dark for most. This dude goes out of his way to get to the bottom of things with (in this day and age very rare) no bias results and conclusions.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Again, incorrect. It is only perceived as being faster in scenarios where the CPU is being gimped, many scenarios at which the 6, 8 and 10 core intel processors are being perceived as being slower as well. If your only argument that the 7700k is faster is by purposefully gimping a processor to show it, that's just sad and honestly its even more sad you can't understand that.

But let me guess, your reply will be, again "it's faster in gaming" which is a blanket term that is very much incorrect, but you will state it again, because you have absolutely no desire to actually comprehend what is being stated to you or what you are stating to others.

Agreed that its only a margin and should be more, but realistically that's not the point that was being made there. If you would real the thread you would understand that. The point was the statement of "per core performance will always win" is horribly incorrect, and is very well shown there by Intel themselves as well.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Or in games that the developer made a business decision not to cater to the 5% of users with more than 4 cores/8 threads.

Per core performance is still very much important as the 7700k is performing lock step and heal with the 1800X at stock in a AMD favoring bench (I call it a bench because no one really plays ashes).

The 6900k is killing the 1800k. I admit that the R7 is a great CPU meeting or exceeding the 6900k at power PC related tasks, But it falls behind a 7700k in the vast majority of gaming benches and only matches the 7600k in most.

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The amount of people with more then 4 cores is only so low because Intel decided to make anything more then 4 cores a luxury perminently. With the release of Ryzen, if Intel wants to be competitive, that should changed. It could not, but again, that's Intels fault, and in a forum post about AMD and people being upset with AMD because nothing beats the 7700k in single/low threaded applications, i'm not really sure how that's supposed to be supportive to Intel. They've been screwing with people and not advancing the technology for the past 4 years but releasing new and basically the same processors each year with a possibility of a die shrink, and charging the same for it.

Yet now with Ryzen out, that barrier is being broken, opening the gates to developers to bring us programs that utilize more cores/threads, and everyones giving AMD flack, because their 8 core processors, just like Intels 6, 8 and 10 core processors, doesn't beat Intels highest end 4-core processor in single/low threaded applications

Totally makes sense.

Since when does Ashes favor AMD?

I'm not saying per core performance is not important, i'm saying it's by no means the only thing that matters, of which what i quoted was stating it did. Which would imply we should all be hoping for a 10Ghz single-core processor rather then an 8-core 4Ghz processor

You have to have a good balance of the two, of which the 7700k is not a good balance of the two in 2017 unless you plan to get left behind. The 7700k is yesteryears extremely expensive (for anything that has 4 cores) 2 core processors when 4 core processors were becoming more wide spread in availability and price.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No one with credit is giving AMD "FLACK".

AMD gave teh masses 6 cores 7 years ago and 8 cores 5 years ago. Theyjust now gave us 8c/16t CPU with relatively good IPC. With some updates and improvements we may see progress (in games) but the big deciding factor will be consoles and devs (consoles will be Zen AFAIK but DEVs are inherently lazy in the PC department so I advise to take my approach, Hope for the best expect the same old ****.)

On the GPU side since day0. Don't play coy with me on this. It was the "proof" that Nvidia would not survive DX12.

17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Thanks Loop....I thought i was alone Bro....nothing can beat 7700k at gaming.

am I right?...

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Nothing except the first Scorpio games most likely.

19. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    Well, it seems there is a bottleneck in the infinity fabric in the cpu based on the speed of the RAM, and faster RAM improves the performance a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yes, I know there's a correlation between fast ram and the infinity fabric interconnect performance but still, it's not the only issue. You just can't ignore the fact that i7 has higher IPC and clocks 1ghz higher too. It's not like faster interconnect will make that go away.