AMD Ryzen 5 1400 gaming performance leaks - analysed on YT

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Aritra Das, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    7700K being 25% cheaper than 1700, I took 7700K.
    And it will be 95% for gaming.
    I hope I made the right decision.

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

You done good Bro!....i7-7700K is top of the line for gaming...

3. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    For 1080p gaming as for 1440p and 4k it does not matter anyhow

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It probably won't be by the end of the year.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    At the end of the day it really boils down to what titles you are going to play and what you are really using your PC for. If your primary function of your PC is gaming with some video editing in there a 4c/8t i7 will be enough for a while because it is taking a while for games to utilize more than 4cores. Yes there are some titles that take great advantage of the extra cores and threads. If you don't care about playing all of the newest and greatest games that are out there and stick to sightly older titles then yes a 4c/8t CPU will be enough for a while to come.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It will be. Unless AMD can make up the 7% IPC loss and and make CPUs that clock to 5ghz.

Or if games suddenly decide to require more than 8 threads, which is unlikely for years to come.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

They said that about bulldozer and vishera too....Why would anyone buy a slower processor in hopes that one day software patches will fix it?

Just buy the fastest one now...BTW... 6-8 core processors have been around a for a long time...

8. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    They only need faster RAM

9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Sure, they won't require. Even my pesky i5 without even the bloody HT can still run games for many years. As long as I turn settings down sufficiently. 4C i7 owners can also turn down settings when some studios decide it won't cost them much to serve those with more cores (either Intel or AMD, doesn't matter). It's just going to be a recommendation, not a requirement. Games and game studios still need to compete with each other, trying to make the most impressive game. They can't keep that up forever with only 4C, no matter what Intel's propaganda would have you believe.

Still, AMD pushed even Intel finally to consider 6C mainstream, so things are changing in any case.

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They said the same on single core vs single core with hyper threading, the same on single core + hyper threading vs dual core, the same Core 2 Duo vs Core 2 Quad, the same about i5 vs i7... Now it's time i7 7700K vs Ryzen. Same argument every-time used about RAM...
    If you do NOT change hardware every year, thinking about the future is the best choice.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017

11. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    :stewpid:

You have a fabulous PC with a 7700k, you just caped yourself at the possibility of upgrading because you know: New Intel CPU = New Motherboard. If you went for a 4 Core I'm sure you don't play nothing that demanding anyway.

How much does Intel pay you?

I'm hopping you're right, for progress sake.
    As for all the fanboys buying Intel: :banana:

Agree, for example: battlefield 1 uses 8 cores but war thunder barely uses 4.

I think he was talking about new games utilizing the full potential of 8 core CPU.

Press bashed Bulldozer for being crap.
    As I've said, my best friend has an FX8320 that kicks my i5 2500k in the nuts.
    Ya, old 1 threaded games my CPU wins...but who plays 10 yo one threaded games anymore? I don't.

And as for fast 6/8 cores CPU's, they cost 1000$ and aren't as fast as your favourite 7700k. I don't see you bashing those.

12. fl2015

fl2015 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Ashes though is kind of like AMD's baby, ryzen could flat out beat intel in it and I doubt most couldn't care less.

13. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    I bet you didn't even looked at how much the 7700 is utilized, more or less maximum, please look and look at the utilization of the ryzen processor also.
    Some may wanna check the youtube videos of AdoredTV.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

slower is slower....I don't care if it has 200 cores...:bang:

15. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Ok m8, have fun with your 7700k gaming at 720p. :)

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You are making yourself more and more foolish with each post. Please refrain from posting flame bait next time. Makes you look like an salty child.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  17. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Am I? Thought I was just having a conversation and everyone was giving out his opinion, my bad.

Why would I be salty? I never owned an AMD CPU but probably my next is going to be one. This coming from a guy who owned a P3, two P4s and a C2D before the one I have now. My GPU was the first AMD I bought too so it's not like I'm a fan boy of sorts. I buy based on price/performance and life expectancy, not on what can spit more FPS today. It's just my point of view because I don't buy computers every 2 years. A CPU usually serves me for 4 to 6 years.

Yes, AMD ****ed up badly launching Ryzen like it was a month ago (with bugs). Still isn't what some of you guys hoped for *cof7700kcof*, but it's a good competitor and that's great for us consumers.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

No... Posts like this are not childish at all...
    Any more stupid questions? Also, you will not be buying this generation of Ryzen.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh, forgive me for thinking it had something to do with weaker IPC and 1ghz lower clocks. Sure, it's all in the memory.

20. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    I have seen this run away process as i am calling it on my R7 which never happened on the i7, as i moved all processes for this game to last CMX module (cores 8-15) i see this random process just sky rocking. Still can't track down which process it is but now i am thinking it maybe the nVidia driver as the first CMX module (cores 0-7) should be reserved for windows and back ground processes and more than likely drivers. However this anomaly occurs in games i have noticed which makes me think it's a driver issue or more specifically nVidia driver. This is also a DX11 game. Also my frame rates was sporadic prior to moving all processes to the other CMX module/

anomaly: http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww58/dazzxp/runawayprocess.png?t=1491084623

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017