The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    Hello all!

just bought AsRock x370 Taichi with a 1.40 bios version which didn't have an "update bios" option in the bios. Is there any other way I can update it?

Thanks.

2. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    According to the manual for your board, there should be a "BIOS & Drivers" tab under the "ASRock APP shop" setting. The board can also update it's UEFI BIOS from the internet, using something called Instant Flash (which isn't recommended using).

3. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    My Ram ... :

[​IMG]

4. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    "BIOS & Drivers" tab is empty.

Can find any "Instant Flash" options either.

Just contanced Asrock support already.

it's really sucks.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017

5. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
  6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Even with bios 0515 3200 on the ram is a no go.

same as before, will not even post unless dram voltage is set to at least 1.395. Adjusting the VPP voltage has no effect. There is no setting in the bios to adjust NB voltage. CH6 is the only Asus board that has additional dram settings under LLC. So still waiting. May opt for trying 3600 rated sticks and see if those will hit 3200 like mentioned in the post above.

7. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY

This is interesting. Ryzen/AMD-GPU combo shows way better DX12 performance compared to the Ryzen/Nvidia-GPU combo. This should make the RX Vega release even more interesting when combined with a Ryzen system and DX12 benchmarks like ROTTR, Deus Ex and others. I'd like to see more DX12 benchmarks with Crossfire RX480s and possibly a Fury X. Some are even saying Nvidia's DX12 driver is partly responsible for the abysmal DX12 benchmarks on Ryzen systems. There's a discussion here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1626915/youtube-adoredtv-ryzen-in-rotr-performance-amd-vs-nvidia-gpu

8. GalaxyDrifter

GalaxyDrifter Guest

GPU:
    1700x
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ryzen + Vega has some tricks up their sleeve. Like maybe Ryzen has a special way of handling Vegas high-speed cache.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    @Whiplashwang: Thanks for recapitulating benched situation. It was known for quite some time that:
    nVidia has much better DX11 driver in Single Threaded situations & that nVidia has much worse DX12 driver in multithreaded situation.

In other words Using nVidia Card to compare 7700k vs Ryzen 1700:
    On DX11 Single Threaded performance of 7700k shines.
    On DX12 Multi Threaded performance of Ryzen 1700 is diminished.
    = = = =
    I am not Fan of AdoredTV, but his last note on CF smoothness with Ryzen... Interesting since he even used external camera.

Btw. I am reading this thread and reading... And waiting if someone gets 4 sticks to run at 3200MHz. Or at least 2x 16GB.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AdoredTV dig this one very well :D

Personally i like his job :007:

What we need? Truth and non-Biased reviews, to have an choice for real ;)
    IMO AMD/ATI is the winner Now and in the Future, i will consider Vega later this YAS :thumbup:

VEGA will be a very sophisticated GPU (like the Fury was ;))

I have in 1440p 70FPS Constant in BF1 and BF4 (BF1 almost all on Ultra with AA and BF4 all Ultra no-MSAA) and this comes with "only" 1000/550 -42mV and -15% POW ! (Yes now this is my default was: 942/550)
    HBM at 570 working OK but in not every game tho, tMOD 570 is just Overkill :nerd:.

11. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    jfyi, if it turn out that VEGA will kick then is definitely my next upgrade.:wanker::wanker:

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I can't get that kind of FPS on 1080p. All 4 CPU cores at 100%. Nothing runs in background. But GPU (1100/525MHz+0mV+20%POW) runs around 25~35% utilization. On Single Player it is OK, but I like large scale Multiplayer. There I get 50~75fps. Often some stutter when I respawn (map zoom out/in) on another place as CPU can't get data in time from SSD...

13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    With the Asus Prime X370-Pro and bios 0515, found an interesting trade-off. lost the ability to adjust the cpu speed on the fly. Appears they gimped it.
    • Aida64's bechmaks shows the speed fluctuating but their osd speed reading does not reflect this; nor does HWInfo or HWMonitor. All of them register the same constant/non-changing speed of 3499 with everything left on default settings.

Voltages do not fluctuate as wildly and cpu overclocking is better

Side note: Only way to clear cmos/reset bios is to switch off the psu and then short the pins and/or pull the battery. If the psu is left switched on the bios does not reset even though the pins are shorted. Pulling the battery does not have an affect either. The settings are retained. The psu needs to be switched off.

14. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Interestingly enough, I've noticed the same issue. When i bring up the Windows Task Manager (Performance) and HWInfo and put them side by side, i can see in the Task Manager the cpu speed fluctuates between 3.4-3.7Ghz. HWInfo shows an almost static speed of 4091.8Mhz. I have changed the polling speed in HWInfo to 250ms to match the 'high' refresh speed of the Task Manager, but there are still discrepancies.

The CPU Speed will not dial back down to idle speeds of 2.xGhz when the windows power profile is set to 'Balanced'. Setting it to 'Power Save' drops the cores down to 2.xGhz and 'Performance' puts all cores on 3.7Ghx. The CPU is def behaving differently on the 'Balanced' profile, running at higher clocks and not dialing back.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Remember to insert Keyboard along with Mouse in Upper 4xUSB Back ports (beneath Clear CMOS ones) ->
    they are directly from CPU ! So no Lag
    Tested and it's OK (BF4 Multi)

PS. Generally Great for 1000Hz 1ns (Ultra pooling) :thumbup:

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

17. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Here's another done this weekend by HardwareUnboxed. Possibly a bug in the Nvidia drivers.

18. blake86

blake86 Active Member

GPU:
    4gb dd2 geil
    Yeaaa a "bug"

19. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Why wouldn't it be a bug ?
    Nvidia has nothing to gain by doing this on purpose. Last time I checked Nvidia wasn't that friendly with Intel at all. Besides Ryzen is a new architecture, so personally I wouldn't expect every driver to work optimally from the get go.

20. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I don't see that behavior, but I'm just running with 40.25 multiplier and that's that. I will try to use the other OC option and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.