Witcher 4 - An Option Open For Discussion?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    CD Projekt Group hosted its 2016 financial results conference, and provided some interesting information about its franchises. First of all, we hear about the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. Development prog...

Witcher 4 - An Option Open For Discussion?

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people would love another Witcher game...

Cyberpunk 2077 waiting intensifies

3. wantobe

wantobe Member Guru

GPU:
    I am sure they can come up with something new and Great. I dream about alternative reality where Projekt Red made Fallout 2 sequels. Anyway, whatever they will bringing I will wait with great patience and will probably buy new PC just to play it :)

4. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I'm actually glad they don't want to make another witcher game. I mean, I loved the games and the entire universe (I even read books before there were any games) and I think that W3 was probably the best game I ever played. However, trying to akwardly shoehorn a continuation would probably end up in disappointment.

That's why I'm glad they are working on a completely different game, where they can again deliver, what I hope would be, another great RPG.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Cyberpunk is not even half finished. Even if we get another The Witcher game it will be 2020+. I dont think its even worth talking about at this point.

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I can't take any news seriously over this time of year, until Apri 1st comes and goes through all time zones :p

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I agree but...

...CD Projekt RED is officially a big game developer: welcome to the hype bandwagon.

9. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I'm sure they'll make another Witcher game in the future, but they wouldn't make the mistake of rushing a game for profit and ruining a franchises like others have done *cof* COD *cof*

Cyberpunk is in development and will pave the way for new tech to be used and they said to be creating the biggest world ever. All things that will come on Witcher 4 in due time. For now, lets hope EA or other big company don't buy them.

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    They said no more witcher with Geralt as the main character..
    There's plenty of other witchers they can make a game about(or a new one)

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Let's put it this way, if Cyberpunk flops (which I SERIOUSLY DOUBT) there's a bigger chance that another game in the witcher universe will be made. I for one am pretty sure that either way, the game after Cyberpunk will be a fantasy RPG again, witcher universe or not. :nerd:

12. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    I don't see the open discussion. :/
    I mean they said "The Witcher was designed as a trilogy, and a trilogy can’t have a fourth chapter."
    That's a no i think.
    They are a big company now, but i think they still devote themselves to one big project at a time, respecting the end result.
    One of the few times that i saw greek names being used in places that actually mean something. Like the names of certain NPCs or the name of a certain ship...

13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    :puke2: on any other witcher character. Geralt is the sh!t.
    I hope they don't release anything on there own and make sure Andrej Sapkowski rights something for a 4th game.