Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Surfers tramway still drops to 45fps and other places around the tramway also has drops, other than that it's a locked 60fps.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Something tells me that will never be fixed.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If they can't fix the full screen bug, they will never be able to fix anything else.

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I just got done with a super fun 4 hour round of testing this game. Very long story short, you guys should try turning down the 2 geometry settings. I had the best luck with one of them on medium and the other on high. I chose to go with static medium and dynamic on high and now Surfer's Paradise is *the only* place on the map in rain or shine that goes under 60, but just barely now. I was able to get a locked 60 by turning both geometry options to medium, and this is with all other settings totally maxed out. 8xMSAA, 1080p, 0 core disabled trick, low priority .exe trick and MSIAB/RTSS totally closed as it was messing with the game just a bit.

Kind of ironic that I figured out how to get this game running better now that I'm done with it...

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Could try the Geometry thing but it annoys me having to do Core and .EXE tricks (I personally skip them).

6. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Just a heads up, today is a 1 day Forzathon, don't miss it.

7. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I haven't done a single Forzathon thing since the game started. I look at them and they always look stupid.

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I accidentally fulfilled the requirements of one and got a car. I'm not against them, but I don't like the idea of withholding cars from the people who aren't aware of these "1 day for this car that can't be bought" events.

9. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I have no bad feeling against weekend forzathons but these 1 day events sometimes can be annoying, in the middle of the week and just 24 hours. You can easily miss those if you're busy person.

On the other hand, they repeat forzathons for unobtainable cars and you can always find those cars in the auction house if you really want them.

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anyone else having disconnection issues while playing online mutliplayer with the latest game update ?

I have not played in a while and today i found that the game updated itself when i login , everything seems fine in single career mode and playing nicely but when i go online to race in multiplayer i keep getting disconnected from online play every 5 to 10 minutes while racing online with 10-12 players. I google for a solution and it seems this new patch has been very troublesome for many players while racing multiplayer online and there is tons of reports of it :/ . Anyone knows a fix for this issue ?

11. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Anybody seeing fps dips over the map? Own an Nvidia card? Hyper threading cpu? Got more than suitable specs?

Read on..

This week, like many, I upgraded my card from a 980ti to 1080ti which now sits alongside a i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz, to find forza running worst than before.

Fps was erratic, at first I thought it was a recent patch to blame.

It was driving me nuts thinking my cpu was the cause and the cost just to get this game working well with my 1080ti. I was reading possible solutions all over the web - they all pointed to upgrading my cpu or overclocking it further than 4.2ghz, although I just couldn't push out more without it being unstable.

I actually managed to find a solution. And it was an instant noticeable improvement. If any of you play forza 3, own a cpu with hyper threading and get some bad fps drops even though you believe you have more than adequate hardware, try doing this :

Create forza 3 profile in Nvidia settings - For power force max performance
    Launch Forza 3, and just as it opens and the window appears, open task manager, processes, Right click Forza 3. Set priory = low, affinity - untick core 0.

This boosted my fps from being all over the place to 60+ .. Now i can rest in peace knowing I won't have to splash out on a new cpu - for the time being at least. I Can now run ultra @ 1440p, and its pretty much locked at 60fps (using vsync)

You may of seen this information shared at other forums, and possibly tried one or two of the solutions. However, the combination of all three changes seemed to do trick for me.

Thought this may be worth sharing.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12605407

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I'm going to try this right now. Thank you for sharing.

Edit: Made no difference. I already knew about affinity and that does make a little difference and I do this every time but it's a couple of FPS at most.

Priority on low made no difference. The only thing that I have not tried before is making an NVIDIA profile and putting Max performance.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  13. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    I just had a quick drive around the map, and it was pretty much 60fps except for this stretch, which is well known to cause slowdowns, where it drops to 42fps for the road highlighted with red dots.

Is this the area that causes your slowdowns or is it pretty much all over?

https://s22.postimg.org/4g4bv4hn5/forza_slowdowns.png

14. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    It is the same as you are describing. I mostly get 60 frames per second everywhere but I do get some dips to 55 frames per second. but then when I go into the big city I get frame rate drops to exactly what you were saying and up to 55 at times.

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hey guys. Had game since just after launch and have spent an untold number of hours troubleshooting this game. As for the 3 tweaks fluidz recommended, those do all help in my case as well. The thing that got it to where I can run 1620p@ultra settings with 4xMSAA was turning down both of the geometry settings one notch from where they are. This made a WORLD of difference for me all across the map but mainly in Surfer's Paradise. I can now drive through the jungle area with ultra shadows and have zero drops below 60, and when doing a race in the rain through the tram area I maybe drop to 58 or 57 once and then it is all good.

Give the geometry setting tweak a try and let me know if it helps. I've never heard any response about this tweak on the official game forums so I'm mighty curious. As for any IQ difference, if there is any I couldn't notice it.

16. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Notch it down from max to one down right?

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    That is what I did. Wherever it is right now, take geometry settings down one. If that doesn't help, you could even try going down to medium or whatever is 2 steps down from max.

18. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    It has made a difference lowering geometry but still dips to 55 quiet a lot in the city but it is better. I personally just cannot play when I feel and see stuttering at all so sadly I will have to play at 30 frames a second.

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks for sharing those tips. I combined all of them and now in the Tram Section in Surfers Paradise my drops are to 52 fps as before my fps used to drop to 41 fps , same when raining and in the jungle i can confirm that those tweaks when combine works for me solid 60fps+ almost everywhere at 4K 60Hz with shadows at medium , blur off , no AA 4AF.

For those having problems with online game play keep getting disconnected like i did , i found the solution online: Turn off every single microphone option within windows , voila no more online disconnected problems.

20. BiTrAtE

BiTrAtE Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GTX1060 G1 6GB
    Hello, after download and install FH3, got "invalid profile" error on game startup. I uninstall and download game again but got same error. Can someone please explain me what to do, how to fix it?