Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    I mean the game is fun in its own way but a lot of the character animations are way too hilarious, actually get a comedic relief from it. I already knew right from the get-go after sprinting with my character that this thing looks awkward. Considering the original studio that developed the first three ME games did not do Andromeda is not surprising how this game came out. Also all the new people they got to make this game, some with unproven skills and experience is risky and the result is what we see in Andromeda. I also blame the new creative director for the game, what the heck was he supervising? Andromeda isn't a total mess but it is messy for sure.

2. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    As much as I'm dying to play another Mass Effect game this ones going on the sale list. Watching the youtube play through, Turian animations and rendering are actually better in ME1.

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Quite a bit of stuff looks better and more engaging in ME1.

I have watched a ton of videos and although the gameplay looks engaging enough, its clear to see how much care is missing from this game in its current condition.

That being said, hopefully upcoming patches will fix some of it. I'll still end up playing it, but not for a while yet.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    TBH, I think they should've removed Mass Effect from the name and just called it Andromeda and made it into a sci-fi comedy. Would've worked a bit better, especially knowing what we know now. Like getting high on Space mushrooms n s***.

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    That's a disappointing picture. I guess I'll wait for really massive sale then, thanks.

6. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    You play as Roger Wilco perhaps...?

Space Quest: Andromeda

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Highest RAM usage in a game

This game has the highest RAM usage I've ever seen in a game, at just under 12.5GB. It has gone over 12.5GB a few times as well. Not that it matters, because RAM should definitely be used as much as possible. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    not that it matters?, why on earth would this game be using 12gb of ram? even bf1 doesnt use more than 6gb, i guess game optimizations have gone out of proportions these days.....

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Tried before coming to work. The posts here gave me a lot of prejudice about the game yet so far i enjoyed. crash landed and fighting with things u know.

If i didn't see the scaling of human body head image in here, i would not notice it for real.

Sounds are amazing . Visuals are impressive. On ps4 pro 4k with HDR, i thought intro sequence where u wake was CGI.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  10. The game is not rendered in 4K even on PS4Pro. Actually it doesn't even use 1800p but 1800p CBR (checkerboard rendering), which actually halves the resolution rendered at each frame. Every frame is rendered with a specific pattern and reconstructed later on in post-processing chain.

To make it simple, it's more like 900p->reconstructed 1800p->up-scaled to 2160p (4K).

The reconstruction process is pretty good though. With temporal AA you won't see much of a difference from native 1800p.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Because RAM is always used to cache data, and the bigger a game is, the more data it caches; and this is obviously a huge game. Out of the 12+GB in my screenshot, most of that is going to be texture data.

When I first started playing, the game was actually using slightly over 8GB. But as time progresses, more data was cached and it hit 12.5GB at the most.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    what is the AA technique on PS4 pro please?

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Having had the chance to play the console version of Andromeda on my PS4 Pro, all I can say is that the PC version is a much, much better experience overall. I noticed glitches and issues in the first hour of playing the Pro version that I never saw on PC; teammates teleporting into mid-air during combat, object pop in, missing geometry/textures and a really chuggy framerate, especially on Habitat 7. Even transitions between cutscenes are followed by 5 seconds of black screens and a spinning cursor, a far cry from the more seamless ones of the PC version (granted, I am playing the game from my Samsung Evo 850 SSD). It's especially jarring after playing Horizon Zero Dawn on the Pro which not only looks better technically but also runs with a much smoother framerate.

None of these things make the game unplayable per se but they do all add up to make the game feel decidedly rougher and a bit janky on console. The PC version, even with its issues, is the definitive version.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    According to Digital Foundry, the PS4 Pro version uses a temporal AA pass like the PC version on the highest AA setting. It certainly looks good in terms of image quality with no distracting jaggies that I can see on my PS4 Pro. Obviously, the PC version looks better on my system as I am playing the game at 1440p so it looks sharper and cleaner.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wow that melting glitch is amazing. :D

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm. that explains good image quality.

By the way i am using external SSD drive. and having no pop up issues. had i mean. this morning. maybe didn't made that far to see those issues or SSD helps?

i am barely holding myself to buy PC version too. just to see how good it is. u do same. buy both versions like i do.

18. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
  19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Its female

20. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I'll have to take your word for it, because it just sounds like stereotypical gay man.