AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.3.3 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 21, 2017.

1. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    Nope, no luck on the ME:A crossfire front yet. I still think we're waiting for a patch from Bioware to enable that RenderDevice command. Wouldn't surprise me if the AMD driver team was working on a newer build of ME than what the public currently has.

2. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    Sometimes it does, but at times it can also be beautiful. Depends on where you are in the world.

Horrid optimization though---makes the DX9 Guild Wars 2 feel like GTA5 in terms of hardware efficiency.

3. PeekBeyond

PeekBeyond Guest

GPU:
    295x2 8gb

I also tried everything and doesn't work. If you are playing the trial then maybe, when you get the full game, it will download additional files which support crossfire, or: like some guys said, bioware needs to activate it though a patch.

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    You are the only person I have seen with an issue like this. Sounds like a slow HDD to me with driver issue.
    Have you tried using DDU and doing just a clean install?

I personally just install the driver without a clean install.
    I only use DDU if I have an issue, which thankfully is rare.
    FH3 works flawless for me with this driver. Though I run it off a 550mb SSD as well.

5. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Damn AMD is working it this month. So glad to see the improvements from their driver team.

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They didn't. The reason the bug exists is because they tinker with it. It's even supported in the AMDGPUPRO driver in Linux, which is a complete rewrite of the DAL/Power code. Apart from the bug, my GPU is working better than any time.

7. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I was only kidding and offered help.

And nVidia is far worse place to be, really don't wanna change 3 drivers for 3 different games and to be afraid if WHQL driver would burn my hardware. On AMD every game works good.

Any proof on that? Because after 9 moths it's kinda obvious.

8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Dude you have a soon to be 6 year old gpu. Stop acting like its 6 months old gpu have no more support. This isnt Nvidia.
    Seriously WTF does this clowns come from.

9. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    "On AMD every game works good. "

Erm, no. Just because in the past AMD hasnt been as quick or prolific with driver updates doesnt mean they didnt need them for new games. Now they seem to be at least matching Nvidia in driver releases, just gotta get the quality under control.

10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Actually the quality of the drivers are good.
    Better then they have been. The last 2-3 years AMD has stepped up massively with their drivers.
    They surpass nvidia in my opinion.
    I use both gpus in different rigs in my house.

Just not everything is gonna work 100% for every person with insane amounts of difference configurations.

11. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    Single card i'd say most of the time they are on par with Nvidia. But multi? Heck no. Still not even close. But I do find it promising that we no longer have to wait a month for AAA titles getting CFX support.

Now, if BW would just get their act together and get the patch out the door....:)

12. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I'm still on GCN 1.0 and I am still to find any problem with any driver from AMD.
    Ohh wait, I had one problem one time, with the first AMD Mantle drivers, which we were all warned that could be unstable.
    It was the only driver that I reverted.
    Cheers

13. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    "I'm still on GCN 1.0 and I am still to find any problem with any driver from AMD."

Well you dont need to go far to find a bug that popped up in a very popular MMO this month that still hasnt been fixed. No problems with any AMD driver, lol---thats a good one.

Seriously, the Nvidia/AMD fanbase can be so deluded sometimes.

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They are rewriting the DAL/Power side of the driver for a common Windows/Linux platform. GCN 1.0 is supported in both. The driver name in Linux is AMDGPUPRO.

It's not 6 years old, and basic clock gating under Windows should work. It even works properly with the open source driver in Linux. He's not a clown for asking for basic functionality. I also don't understand what you mean by "this isn't NVIDIA". If it isn't, we better throw the damn things away, right?

PS: Don't call people clowns.

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I refuse to believe that there's a bigger clown in this section of the forum than you are. Your level of AMD fanboism is cringe worthy.

Before you bash nvidia, what nvidia product that you currently own?

Do you use any of your "server" PCs to do anything productive other than "GAEMING?"

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I've seen him change his specs. He do have an nvidia card in the other system just like i do. You asking everyone the same question?

What nvidia card do you own, Romulus?

17. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I started getting an error in my event log I think after 17.3.1. It is event ID 33. Anyone else see this?

Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files\amd\cim\bin64\SetACL64.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Same here.

19. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Based on the version number 8.0.50608.0 it appears SetAcl64.exe is looking for an older version of a C++ Redistributable or the SetAcl64.exe.manifest is incorrect.

20. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC