Chris Robert's "Star Citizen" to use Vulkan exclusively - for best interoperability!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by vase, Mar 19, 2017.

1. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Bravo!

A slap into m$ BigBadBill's face...:banana:

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm sure that Microsoft is crying in the corner by Chris Roberts adopting Vulkan for his vaporware. Telling me that Blizzard or EA or Ubisoft, or even CDProjektRed will use it, would be actually newsworthy.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yup.

No matter how techie and geeky it is to me, I know it's just an API and a game having or not having an API will not and never will mean anything to a gamer.

Gamers wanna game.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    All factual, but let me give you a bit of advice.. for as much as Looby likes to call out CIG for making misleading claims and all the rest of it, he has no problem making up his own reality and spreading it around here.

Don't waste your reality based facts on those who don't wish to live in reality. Looby has proven to be pushing an agenda when it comes to this game for a long time now. Tough to take what he says as credible by now.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    To be honest I love that any star citizen thread triggers lobby... every single time...

Not hating on you lobby, it's just kind of funny to see every single time xD

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Lets not get carried away. Mtom's last sentence is anything but factual.

Also, ganging up is lame and dissing someone because of something he said in some other thread is lame too.

7. SVrider

SVrider Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
    Who cares if Vulcan wont force users to upgrade to win10 with Microsoft saying that new processors will require it anyway. By the time the game is out most gamers will probably have upgraded or built a new pc and had to get win 10 or a even later version of windows by then...

8. CitizenZero

CitizenZero Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frzr OC
    Anyways, I hope this is not just another excuse to delay the game 1 more year+.

Imo, Vulkan is waaaay better than DX12, and I really love that the game producers are starting to ditch that ****ty API in favor of a new, more mature and specially, open source one.

9. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

11. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    For mainland Europe vulkAn is correct spelling. Especially Russian and German.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Are you working for the man, man?

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Much <3 for ya brah!

A lack of logical reasoning always triggers me, and when the final reviews come out for the final game - it will feed me for decades. I have already accumulated enough quotes in my spare time from these forums alone to quote back at anyone. To get them from the entirety of the internet...dear lord, what a day it will be.

When I die, I will want some of these quotes on my tombstone - I just need to find out which cemetery CR has set some land aside for and buy a plot right next to his.

In fact, it won't be a tombstone, more like a very large metallic middle finger opposite his.

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This would be the moment of glory you guys. I wonder what Roberts has to say about any final version of the game.