Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    yeah, they should have made her a playable character in the game

2. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56

????

Edit: Ah, ok

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    In conclusion.
    Certain elements of the game are complete garbage, and the game was made by a company of liars. Not buying. I refuse to support stuff like that.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I think it's actually foolish and slightly ignorant to just throw all this hate at this Allie-Rose lady.
    If she's the "lead facial animator" or not doesn't matter, on a project like this there are LOTS of people who work on these elements. It's not just one person.

And, on top of that, you had the project leads and other higher ups that are supposed to quality check work. Make sure it's what they want and are looking for.
    While, her "demo reel" is awful, and she (from that) doesn't seem qualified for such a position... fault falls on the entire team.
    Her, the ones who put her there, the ones who worked with her... the ones who supervised her.... everyone.

5. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    >"The characters in Mass Effect Andromeda all look like hipsters, metrosexuals and 3rd year gender studies students."

SJW's in space

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  6. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    well i'm getting this for pc it's better shooting with kb/mouse

just hope it's not another EA disappointment...........:3eyes:

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It turns out the individual that was mentioned earlier in this thread as being a "blatantly racist developer" has actually left Bioware, one month ago...

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Seriously, i would like to enjoy the game story without thinking of sexual orientation of any character. But this game after a couple hours in makes me quite uncomfortable i've to say...
    Between characters morphotypes, faces, voices pitch i can't relate to any character. Even the krogan has a high pitched voice.

In ME1&2 Shepard, Wrex,Grunt,Garrus, Reaper's leader, Illusive Man ( Martin Sheen!) and more, all badass deep voices. It's all gone in Andromeda. Merely the protagonist father at the start...
    Looks like Andromeda is a brand new world for people with high pitch voice, hairdresser Graduate, and a lot of makeup. This underlying obvious and incredibly naive plot isn't implicit at all and I don't like it.

Seriously this game is gonna be scrutinized and studied, but a lot of stuff bothers me. I'd rather not count the number of white npc that feel like being bisexual or homosexual, compared to others npc with deeper voice and talking about their children and wife, this is disturbing. Anyway...!

When i picked the basic female character, i also didn't expect most major human characters and squad mate to be 75% female npc teammates later on.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    y so sexist? :^)

11 years too late!

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I just feel uncomfortable playing this game while ME 1/2/3 are so familiar to me. There is a fundamental change of tone that i don't like.

I can't relate to any character in this game, guess i'm not the targeted demographic anymore... But the voices all pitched like teenager is the final nail in the coffin for me. I truly liked all the badass voices in ME original trilogy.

Guess all this era is over now?
    Incredible how it all got political.

Mass Effect and Red Alert were some iconic games of my childhood. I'm seriously sad that new generations will never have to experience any of that.

Well at least not from those game companies... because Witcher's serie isn't bothered at all by all those crap, and guess what, they seem to do just fine, right? :p

11. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
  12. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Are you aware that a team leader has this thing called responsibility for what the team does? That's why such person is a leader. So in fact it's a double fail.
    Perhaps the girl should had stuck with cosplaying.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah... pretty much. White knights are out to pass the buck lol.

BTW was this you? lol

[​IMG]

14. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Yep that was me.
    I don't think this was harrassment of any kind. After all, she publicly claimed to be the lead animator, and I publicly let her know she was responsible for piss poor job.

From what I read though, some people started dragging gender in it and things apparently went pretty downhill. I don't agree with that at all. Even sh*ttalking can be done with a glimpse of decency.
    I don't give a rat's ass whether the person responsible is male, female, a dog or green pencil. The animations are crap and whoever had anything to do with them should be ashamed for doing this on AAA game.

15. I agree - plus there are multiple lead animators to share the blame & the management whom hired them/approved their work midyear come crash-reviews. No AAA title should have a Studio lead releasing a statement confirming that facial animation fixes are on the way just not on Day 1 basically acknowledging an issue at hand. Well with 40+ million in budget - why now?? - What a joke...please - buy our unfinished product *slap slap* - it's sad because of all the other work that other departments put into ME:A that made it good alongside the subpar character animations/facial works. It has stunning visuals/levels/game-play is good. Other aspects of its world aren't bad. You can get drawn out of all of that time to time however by the "fly in the ointment" that is this subject at hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    hmmmm...

[​IMG]

*edit*

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    what the sh*t!? lol

Ok I'm really just going to wait for some reviews on this before making a final decision. Bit too many alarm bells ringing to my liking atm which is a shame as I love all sorts of sci-fi stuff.

18. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "leader".

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I honestly hope that the poor girl doesn't get a truckload of abuse on Twitter and other social media for being a part in making a video game.

That would be pretty low.

20. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Giving her as much crap for the work she was apparently responsible for is perfectly fine. Spewing insults related to her being a female (and whatever else unrelated) is not. Too bad it's probably the latter that happens.