Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There are nothing wrong with texturework, they look fine. Its the animation that is borked. Animators are probably fired already.

No day1 patch can fix this mess.

2. Well D1 patch certainly won't fix it, that was confirmed. But they might fix it at some point because most of dialogue facial animations are based on algorithm. They are not hand-made. The algorithm just uses text and some added parameters as input. That means it should be fixable throughout the game.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Characters are roughly 20k triangles. Overwatch characters are 40k triangles, and Paragon are 100ktriangle in comparison

I like the trial so far :p think i'll buy the game.

edit: was a side character, main character is 60k triangles.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    This got me on the floor...

Horror movie!

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This is Bioware. It will have clearing bugs even after they are done with it. I'm 95% certain that things will stay like this. 5% chance that they fix the most obvious meme worthy issues.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Studios are good but I find that the director matters most. Casey Hudson was the project lead behind the three previous ME games and KOTOR. I don't agree with everything he does (I didn't like how mass effect series moved more towards action and away from RPG) but he definitely knew his ****. Either way he left Bioware in 2014. Mac Walters the writer from ME 2 and 3 took over the direction for Andromeda.

7. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
  8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Is the lip sync issue immersion breaking? Mass Effect 1 didn't have this problem.

9. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Multiple people have commented on that, so yes. The uncanny valley is just really rough in this game. I've watched a couple hours of streams so far, and I haven't seen a single minute where I wasn't thinking about game design the entire time.

I think I'd rather go play the original trilogy at this point if I was hell bent on playing some Mass Effect.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I've been watching some streams to get a better idea of where the game stands, the more I watch the less inclined I am to even trial it. The animation issues are bad enough, but at least that's something that may one day be fixed, albeit a long time from now in the unlikely event it ever does happen. The dialogue can't be rewritten, and there's not a snowballs chance in hell the voice acting will be redone -- and from all I've seen those are the real deal breakers for me. I'm not a fan of the DA:I approach to RPGs either, but it's something I could deal with if it was improved upon.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm practically immunized from this game after watching almost 6 or so hours of footage. The villain looks and sounds like Saren's insecure little brother who also happened to be adopted but the ol' ME 1 & 2 fanboy in me still wants to find out more about the later plot. Expectations can't get any lower for me though.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    And people are saying the animations and graphical fidelity isnt that much important as gameplay and story itself.

Now we can see who is the real Mass Effect fan.

13. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Being a fan of the original trilogy has nothing to do with this game. It's almost a completely different team and it's on a different engine. Anyone who assumed this was going to be a grand slam just because of the name was very naive.

14. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    When you're playing certain types of games there are some things that can to an extent be forgiven. The Mass Effect games have never been the prettiest, they've had great art direction and one or two stand out areas visually speaking, but they were never mind blowing. People didn't mind this because they loved the characters and the story, the well written dialogue endeared them to their team. Each one had a story that felt just as important as the overarching storyline.

This started to change with ME3, the people you got to know started acting differently. Their motivations felt different, the tone of their character changed, and their overall importance took two back steps to the immediate threat. Some people didn't mind that, it's one of the many reasons I disliked ME3. I played and finished it because I'd invested so much time into the series, the first two games being among my favourites in decades of gaming.

When ME:A was announced, there was talk of it being more in line with what we saw in the first two games. Yet the end result seems horribly different to that, and as mentioned earlier, while I could put up with the animations if the rest was right... it simply isn't. The story as a whole might be solid, but the telling of it requires you to sit through hours upon hours with an unlikeable, poorly voice acted cast spouting some of the worst dialogue I've heard in a big budget game. I've watched hours of footage from different parts of the game, I've tried to like this game because I love Mass Effect. It just isn't possible for me, the only thing that this game has done is cement my dislike of EA for ruining one of the greatest games studios of all time.

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Is the game that bad as i hear? that would be shame if it falls down from ME3.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Throw anything to my face that writes mass effect on it.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I had one week of trial until 21.03 so i activated it now for ME. Been playing since 2 hours and the animations or facials (using default head maybe thats why and only happening with customs?) are not as bad as i saw or read before.

The only main thing which concerns me is that its playing like Dragon Age Inquisition and its too much action/fights focused and less RPG.

Is it really too much to ask to get an ME1 like game with updated graphics and good story?

Dont know if already mentioned here but the Day1 Patch is already included in the trial which is the RTM/Release Version.

18. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I wonder what can be in a patch that it's 10 freaking GBs.

19. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Battlefield 1 profile for SLI.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    i've only played 1h, it's story driven, and environment are stunning. I might buy the game :p

Also.... i might have played a bit with some extracted assets and maybe gone too far.. lol...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]