Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Scott Ryder:
    [​IMG]

Sara Ryder:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BioWare artists should be kicked in their nuts very hard. If Sara looked anything like Jayde, I'd definitely start a female character :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Can't speak for W1 but damn they released amazing expansions for W3. Let's forget about these amateurs being even close to HoS or B&W.

BTW I'll ask again since new page, how's the soundtrack? I loved Jack Wall's work. Is it close here? I just found some articles about local DJ's doing some work for the game.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That Mass Effect 2007 vs. Mass Effect 2017 video is an interesting one because it really does highlight how stiff and robotic some of the characters can look in Andromeda, especially with those ridiculously cartoony eyes. Doesn't bother me too to be honest but I admit that it does look somewhat dated and rough compared with other triple A games I've been playing lately (Rise of the Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, etc).

4. Not bad, but also not anywhere close to original ME1 OST. I remember grabbing all music from my ME1 installation. It was(still is) so awesome music. Andromeda music seems to be forgettable.

Overall the whole ME1 vs Andromeda is like comparing Ghostbusters 1 with Ghostbusters 3 (2016) . It's childish, infantile and badly executed, it just doesn't work as a whole.

Oh and this was probably the only time ever a game gave me shivers, so awesome music: https://youtu.be/ooA6bu7d3ng?t=194

5. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    OK, so graphically it looks very very pretty and I can most likely live with the crap animations from what has been posted.

But is it me or does the whole new galaxy and bad guy ethos seem exactly like the previous three?

Kett - aka Prothean look-a-like...
    Remmant - Really, this is just the Geth.
    Angara - Well they really look like the good version of the Kett (Now who else did that? Oh yea, Collectors & Protheans)

I dont mean to hate, but I only got into ME in the last winter steam sale.. I have played through all three twice now already in anticipation of Andromeda (because you know, Bioware..) and this just looks so meh and to be just copying what they have already done. Bioware is supposed to design the most epic stories and plots etc etc..... :(

6. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    for now...i7 6700 and gtx 980ti 16gb ddr4 max setting (pixel % 1.00) 60fps rock solid @ 1080p..

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Damn this game is a hot mess, can see these producers attached after main bioware took over giving a few of these sarcastic answers, clearly didn't want to be a part of it

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'll take the female please. lol , did not recognize her.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

The high preset lowers the 3d resolution.

It lowers the rendering scale so even if you are set to 4k it lowers the resolution

10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Anyone else find that the game really heats up their gpu?

Wildlands maxed out will get to about 39-40c after a few hours with the fans on low

This jumps to around 45c and really pushes the power limit.

11. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    That is insane.

12. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Not into ME games, the "person" on the left side is an android or something?

13. this

And it doesn't heat up just the GPU. Thanks to that excessive power draw, it heats up VRMs and everything on your card which contributes into GPU temperature.

14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I pre-ordered this, because it's Mass Effect.

Despite being a strong proponent of never, ever, ever, pre-ordering under any ****ing circumstance because it encourages shoddy development -- and doing my best to dissuade others from doing so too.

Lesson learnt. Such irony.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

I don't get it... How on earth they managed to ruin the eyes so badly in the final product? Massive downgrades everywhere.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017

16. Some ppl will never learn...

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just like that 2160p/60 claim on twitter for the 1080ti, they'll now say the high preset referred to them being high.

18. LOL that would actually be funny, not mentioning that it renders in 1080p :)

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What's there to learn? He can get a full refund if he doesn't like the game. At least this way he'll get to judge the game on his own rather than ridicule it after watching a few gifs, like many here do.

I find it quite sh1tty that a lot of people who haven't even played the game are bashing it before they even clock a minute in it. Oh look, funny gifs, game is turd.

I'm not defending MEA here, I haven't played enough to form an opinion, but I'll form my own opinion based on me playing the game, not based on some reddit gifs.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    the textures of the face of main character are 1080x1080 pixel.

[​IMG]

oh actually, it might be 2K text during cinematics?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017