Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'd argue that the reason their games went to hell was because they changed them to try and appeal to the MMO/CoD crowd. There was plenty of change from BG1 up until ME2, the core values of good story telling with solid RPG mechanics did remain the same though. Something that became worse after ME2.

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    unfortunately yes, i uninstalled it straight afterwards and will never touch it again lol.

I decided to watch some live stream archive of ME:A and erm doesn't look very polished.

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    The trial has the day one patch, its the same version as review codes.

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Let's hope a large chunk of that goes towards fixing the terrible animations.

I'm going to wait for reviews before I order it, despite the fact that I've preordered every single Mass Effect game till now.

5. Well some first bits from the game...

Character customization is VERY limited... You realize that only after you really get into it. More limited than the original games... disappointment.

Game is NOT as optimized as it might seem. With everything cranked up at 1920x1200 it runs stable 60 on my system, but if you try custom resolution scale, that is another story! At 1.5x (2880x1800) I can barely reach 60FPS. What is actually even worse, GPU is POWER LIMITED at that resolution. Reaching 120% power limit and reducing GPU voltage under 1.0V! So disappointment again.

Facial animations are really bad and on custom characters seem even worse. They are so bad I can't really get into the game.

Overall... I dunno, it can't be that bad? I'll go sleep and give it another try on weekend.

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    The " High " preset renders the game at a 3D resolution of 1080p, even if you are set to 1440p/4k.

makes the image super blurry.

Better off setting it to custom and putting the setting on High individually as the preset also changes the resolution scale option and then locks it.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So how far have you guys gotten into the SP? I've watched it until Ryder docks in the not-Citadel and gets their ship, which would be the first 2 hours.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Currently watching Giantbomb's stream they did of the game.
    And damn... it looks bad. The dialog and voice acting is really bad. The facial animations are pretty much non-existent.
    And the characters stand painfully still during conversations... it feels like steps back from the previous games.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My impression from the stream I watched yesterday was pretty similar. The only good thing about it was the action but I found myself fast forwarding it after a while. Liam in particular was bad. He just comes across as incompetent and unprofessional. And I'll never get over that gay Krogan voice from the station.

The audio had a weird echo when I watched it and some people on neogaf are mentioning it too. Anyone else over here noticed it?

Oh and does this guy make an appearance?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    We've found the reason for the poor animation quality! They're tired of "dealing with everything". hahaha!

https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

11. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, the Krogan voice instantly took me out of it.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I blame the genophage xD

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The DoF is so bad in the below timestamp. I thought Liam warped in when I first saw it. It's just a blur filter for anything not supposed to be in focus. Ugh.

https://youtu.be/j1WdpfSH7wY?t=3h30m4s

Anyway, the above vid is 6 hours long with no streamer talking over it. Pretty good way to get an idea of what to expect if you play it.

They should also get their voice actors to work harder. My only memory of DAI is laughing that I'm listening to Diablo 3's female monk and here I can't help but think of Cait from FO4.

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    on the technical side - BioWare stated already that is going to be a day-1
    patch.

a friend of mine played a few hours and messaged me last night that the
    game looks and feels godamn amazing. mine is opening March 17.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The only things a day one patch will fix are performance and any stability issues. This is what we're stuck with. What a bummer.

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The game looks really good, but the animation quality really impacts the overall presentation in a negative manner.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    If it's anything like 10GB, then it can definitely replace or improve the terrible animations that are in the game, whilst simultaneously targeting performance and stability as well.