Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Any feedback on the game? how is it? How long is the main storyline?

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Been busy collecting weapons and attachements, haven't even started on the story yet lol.

I haven't seen alot of regions yet, and i'm about 20-25 hours in i'm guessing.

Man stealthing is so hard lol, i keep messing up i never successfully done it yet.
    They always spot a dead guy or when a sniper gets killed. :bang:

3. Scully

Scully Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    It helps to use a drone and mark as many targets as you can. However, I have had moments where I've been instant killed because an NPC popped out of nowhere and since I play on the hardest difficulty, NPCs do massive damage and drop you in less than a second with pin point accuracy. At least they die in less than 1-3 shots most of the time with the default AR (P416 if I remember?)

On the other hand, there is a lot of things to do. I've played co-op for a few hours and it is nice to have your own game data progress (although I currently have the Beauty Queen without even killing/capturing all the smuggling buchons so....) I've explored maybe ~9 regions and 100%'d 2 and very close to a 3rd. Currently have 10 hour solo time + 5 and a half co-op time.

Helicopter is the fastest way to travel due to all the mountains and winding roads but convoy missions can be a bit hard on one so I find a vehicle is the best way to stop them.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Nice, that's the kind of difficulty i like ! Was afraid A.I was too dumb :p
    Map seems insanely huge too. I'll grab the game later this year!

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Keep in mind i play on PS4, and the controls feel slow and sluggish wich makes it even harder haha.

I need to rely on aim assist, and try to stealth as much as possible(wich i always fail in lol)
    Yea the map is huge, so much to do and explore it's really cool!

You have so much freedom of how to approach missions. :D

I like to stealth, taking out most enemies with sniper and sync shot that are outside the base or rooftops.
    I can never find all enemies, some are so well hidden or inside buildings, most of the time i get spotted by them and stealth just goes out of the window lol.

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    It's really great fun but those stealth missions are hard if you don't use SMGs. I can shoot a guy on a rooftop with my MP5 and ppl in the same building underneath won't hear anything. Do the same with a silenced assault rifle or sniper rifle and you're done.

The MP5 rocks!

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, more than happy to admit that my initial impressions of this game were, for the most part, wrong.

Great fun in an absolutely enormous open world where you can approach any mission/situation in any way you like.

There are some rough edges but I'd even go as far as to say its the best PC game I've played this year.

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    pistols do excellent job too. And their range is good enough.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I really like this game (yes, I ended up buying it after playing the beta!). It's everything I hoped The Division would be but wasn't. In particular, I like that even in solo mode (which is how I prefer to plsy games), I am always accompanied by three teammates. Their A.I. Isn't perfect but it works well enough for next do far. They are especially useful for sync shots and revivals. A really great game IMO even if there's absolutely nothing original about the game. It's basically a refinement of every Ubisoft open world game that has gone before it but like Watch Dogs 2 it's polished and a lot of fun.

10. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    550m sniper kills are nice to make.

11. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    I bashed this game in the closed beta. It was horrible, but it seems that Ubisoft fixed alot of the issues in the release. I faulted and bought the game to play with a couple of friends and it's here where the game shines in all it's colors. Through the weekend i've been in tears laughing of all the stupid unfortunate events that occured during the gameplay with my very "special" forces friends :)

Game is still flawed, but a lot of fun with a couple of friends teaming up.

12. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I like the game as well. I was apprehensive but with mostly positive reviews I went for it (I'm a sucker for open-world games...). It feels like the best aspects or farcry3/4 and the division were mashed up with a little GTA V in the mix.

15 hours since Friday night playing solo. I don't think I've left the home area...focusing on getting guns and completing all the things before I move on.

With a little oc I am able to play on ultra with textures high (dips into the 20s at times though). Looks nice besides the AA, it leaves too many jaggies for my liking.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  13. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Anyone have issues with buying credits? I want to get some credits added to my account for buying weapons and other stuff but when I try to make the purchase it just says processing and nothing happens.

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I have huge issues with it, it's destroying gaming as we know it and anyone who spends real money on ingame currency is contributing to the death of gaming.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Damn took me like 5-6 tries till i finally took over a FOB, i did it on advanced difficulty.

I found out from youtube, a sniper rifle can one shot choppers so it's very handy to have it ready when you get Apache's on your arse.
    Think it's called HTI or something, looks like an AUG with a very long barrel attached to it.
    The bullet is pretty big, when you shoot it high in the air, you can see it falling down like a mortar lol.

For killing foot soldiers i use a M4A1 and MK14 as my sniper.
    M4A1 is a very silent AR, has almost/same amount of noise reduction as a SMG.

16. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I was talking about actually buying the credits with real money. I don't mind spending the extra money if it helps me to feet a stronger player that wants to take advantage of his skill level although it shouldn't be like that though

17. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well I run all my games on a "spinny" RAID array and the load times times were horrid. I moved it to my SSD RAID array and no more flipping thru tips for me :p

18. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Guys, I don't have a GRW.exe im my game file! I didn's see the game in the nvidia control Panel, so I looked after the exe.file, I could't find it.

19. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    I gotta try it in Borderless mode. The game stutters, jerks like crazy. Even more so when driving a vehicle. The fps goes up/down wildly.

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Started playing solo mission for ****s and giggles. But they bloody start you off with an assault rifle with no scope! I have to explore a whole region to get a scope. Can't play on most difficult without a decent crosshairs scope. I'll just play something else in the meantime.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017